• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Should I enable DirectX Raytracing when I have Radeon GPU XFX RX 6700 XT SWFT 309?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
"Like the rest of the RX 6000-series, the RX 6700 XT supports hardware-level ray tracing. At 1440p and 1080p, it can deliver playable frame rates on many games that offer ray tracing, but since many of those titles also support Nvidia's DLSS, the 6700 XT feels handicapped in comparison."

Taken from: https://www.ign.com/articles/amd-radeon-rx-6700-xt-review

Based on what IGN have said, yes can use it, but it looks like using it would come at a heavy performance penalty and you might see you frame rates plummet. This is something that will be worse for you on nVidia titles like Call of Duty as these have been optimised for RTX cards. nVidia have a history of adding code to games that make non-nVidia GPUs produce lower frame rates,

Ray Tracing works better on games where the coding is DX12 based and not tied to RTX Tensor cores.

I'm using an RTX 2070 and prefer to keep RTX off so I can enjoy the higher frame rates.

mac187

Banned
"Like the rest of the RX 6000-series, the RX 6700 XT supports hardware-level ray tracing. At 1440p and 1080p, it can deliver playable frame rates on many games that offer ray tracing, but since many of those titles also support Nvidia's DLSS, the 6700 XT feels handicapped in comparison."

Taken from: https://www.ign.com/articles/amd-radeon-rx-6700-xt-review

Based on what IGN have said, yes can use it, but it looks like using it would come at a heavy performance penalty and you might see you frame rates plummet. This is something that will be worse for you on nVidia titles like Call of Duty as these have been optimised for RTX cards. nVidia have a history of adding code to games that make non-nVidia GPUs produce lower frame rates,

Ray Tracing works better on games where the coding is DX12 based and not tied to RTX Tensor cores.

I'm using an RTX 2070 and prefer to keep RTX off so I can enjoy the higher frame rates.
So i should just leave it disabled to have best performance?

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Yes, leave it disabled for best performance.
Yes, I agree with this, but I also recommend experimenting with running the game in Ray Tracing mode, just to experience it over a few different maps and then turning it off, you have that feature, so you should try it out at least, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.