• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Single player or Multiplayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcloutier

Recruit
I have literally never played the single player on any of the COD games.

I know, I know. I hear it every time.

I just don't get into games like that. I like shooting at real people I guess lol.

What about you?

BTCGuru81

Recruit

I just don't get into games like that. I like shooting at real people I guess lol.

What about you?

Recent Call of Duty titles have been, in my little opinion, getting worse with each release in terms of quality of the single player campaign. They are all brutally short. Having said that, I realize most people buy them for the high quality online mode. I suspect you could easily sell a CoD title without single player though it can be helpful in games like Black Ops II where there are a number of unique weapon mechanics. The human player always provides an element of randomness to the encounter that an AI can never match. It's better for some players to prepare for that in single player so they don't have to learn both map traffic patterns AND weapon mechanics at the same time.

thethirdeye

Recruit
Up until Modern Warfare 1, the single player campaigns were amazing. However, in my opinion, starting with the release of MW2 the campaigns kept getting worse and worse. Most people, including me sadly, just keep playing these games for just the multiplayer. All the different game mode options, and added DLC, make multiplayer stay fresh.

RetJoSek

Recruit
Multiplayer, a big part of black ops was splitscreen online, and split screen zombies. Meaning I put in A LOT of hours with my ex/my brother/my friends. I do always play all of the single players in cod games. I've started to get pretty sick of them so nowadays I just end up playing it through on veteran just so I don't have to play it through twice. Unfortunately the multiplayer on black ops declined in quality.

visto

Recruit
Try singleplayer. It's a whole new ballgame, your heart will be beating a millions miles a minute. It's a rush looking after yourself.

bradman1313

Recruit
I'm always partial to multiplayer, but I guess that differs for everyone. These are definitely multiplayer games with single player added in as of CoD4. I loved the singleplayer in CoD4. After that, they got progressively worse.

Gferyl

Recruit
I am a multiplayer freak. I never really cared for SP when it came to Call of Duty. I belive I only beat black ops once out of all the games I had. I never made it past level 37 I don't think. I'm not big into games haha! But anyway, multiplayer is better in my opinion.

chrislyons88

Recruit
this game is only good for the multiplayer. The COD single player series stopped being fun 3 games ago. Now I just like looking at the graphics then quickly resetting to multiplayer and learning the maps. Seriously single player? what am I foreveralone ?

WadeWilson

Recruit
Multiplayer. Single player was ok, and I like the fact that I could kill a lot of bots. However multiplayer has far more dimensions and tricks to utilize upon others.

Multiplayer, for sure. I've only played single player for Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops, and that was because I had no internet. I'm gonna be honest, they were good, but I have more fun playing multiplayer. However, I think I'm gonna play MW4 campaign.

Danblu

Recruit
Singleplayer is good for a couple of run troughs, maybe in 2 different difficulties for achievements and challenge. Multiplayer, however, is always different each match, with different opponents and different ways to deal with them. Besides, there's variety in game modes, you can choose which one you prefer and stick with it or play a bit of all of them!

samb222

Recruit
Multiplayer. Hands down. I don't think I've even played the single player on Black Ops 2 or MW3 haha, except at my friend's house where he let me play through the very last mission. I just find multiplayer more refreshing and more fast paced, plus the challenge of ranking up faster then your friends and getting the best weapons etc. and also being the first to prestige is also an incentive to play it, and it distracts me from the single player haha, especially as the Multiplayer is real-time.

apriapism

Recruit
You should really try the single some time. A lot of the games have a really interesting story. But when I initially buy a CoD game I ignore it for a long time until I get bored of multiplayer.

BTCGuru81

Recruit
I would argue the story in Black Ops is a pretty compelling one. Though the gameplay has been lacking for years in the single player campaigns, I felt Black Ops made up for it a tiny bit by being interesting. It draws from the broad strokes of the various decades of the cold war, bridging the series' story line from the old school WWII titles to modern warfare very nicely.

You should really try the single some time. A lot of the games have a really interesting story. But when I initially buy a CoD game I ignore it for a long time until I get bored of multiplayer.

That's the same thing that happened with me and Black Ops 1. Not only was I really tired of the multiplayer (about 9th prestige), but I had no internet, so I just played the single player.

kamy

Recruit
Id rather choose to play multiplayer over single player. Why? simply because single player games arent there type of thing, Really i think they should just focus on multiplayer more than the single player as for them that is also where the money is made.

GreenCamino

Recruit
I play through the campaign once but usually not again except for replaying missions that I like such as the one where you break out of Vortuga or whatever the Russian prison was called. I probably have 100 times the hours vested into playing muliplayer than I do playing single player. Multiplayer is really just where it's at. There's like twenty different game modes, even more maps, and millions of players out there making for endless combinations of possibilities when it comes to the ranked matches. Also, it's better because you can play with a group of ten of your friends if you want to and pretty much make up an entire team compared to co op single player where I think you can only play with one person or something like that.

CrispyEggos

Recruit

What about you?

I'm the exact same. People like the story line but I'm just like great...I beat a game that doesn't have anybody on the other end playing....

Just doesn't seem like a real accomplishment, and a lot of other people beat it too...so why even play it? With multiplayer you can always get better and keep beating better people...there's room to progress.

riku517

Recruit
Multiplayer is far superior to single player for obvious reasons. I tend to do single player just so I can say I did it even if I don't get fully engaged in the dialect and stuff.

Multiplayer is far superior to single player for obvious reasons. I tend to do single player just so I can say I did it even if I don't get fully engaged in the dialect and stuff.

I can't do that. If I'm playing a single player, I just HAVE to pay attention to the story, even if it's for a really bad game. I don't know why, honestly, I just always felt that if I'm gonna play it, I might as well pay attention to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements