1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Sites you wish you built

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fermlour, May 12, 2013.

1. fermlour

fermlour Recruit

is stupid but I liked to have created a social network, if we can call it so, called ask.fm. is basically a site nde people respond to questions, etc., the site has thousands of users!

and you? :)

2. supr3mefx

supr3mefx Recruit

Google. Hands down, I think we can all agree that it is the most useful site / search engine ever. Furthermore, Google owns a social network of their own (Google+) and Youtube! What can be better than that :D

3. themarksquared

themarksquared Recruit

Hands down, just like the poster above, Google, and all it's subsidiaries. It all started with a simple idea - to be able to search information on the internet through keywords, and now, it has become one of the richest companies in the world. I would give up everything I have just to be part of the creative process that conjured Google.

4. zackeymane

zackeymane Recruit

Have to agree with the above posters. Maybe Facebook, too. Any popular / profitable website, really.

5. TheViper

TheViper Recruit

I would have loved to create MySpace. The reason why is because I want to be approach with that offer to buy and then sell it all. I wouldn't be silly like the owner and decline and then get taken over by Facebook.

6. Thrix

Thrix Recruit

imgur.
    The site has a friendly community, enables you to stay informed, it's pretty funny and money can be made there. I visit it every day, and thousands other do as well, which only shows you how popular it is. I would have nothing against being an owner of such a site.

7. dejongkimberlee

dejongkimberlee Recruit

Google. Like everyone else how could you not wish you were the genius behind the greatest thing to happen to the internet!

8. eagle22

eagle22 Recruit

Myspace. Just kidding! I think it would be awesome to say you built Facebook. Everybody seems to be on Facebook these days. If not that, maybe an email service such as gmail.

9. BonnieGale

BonnieGale Recruit

I think it would have been Amazon. I'd know almost as much about people as Goggle does, and I'd be close to having a monopoly in the world of book selling. Not only that, but half the people on the internet would be promoting my products as affiliates. That being said, I wish it weren't there, for a lot of reasons.

10. starfox64

starfox64 Recruit

Facebook is an obvious one. That site has made so much money and is the biggest social network on the planet. Besides facebook, I wish that I would have come up with the idea of reddit. It's got a great concept: the front page of the internet. Not only that, but celebrities get on there to answer fans' questions and I've always thought that that was pretty neat.

11. goldenmaine

goldenmaine Recruit

Sites I wish I built would be Facebook and Instagram. These sites are so popular nowadays that they are raking millions of money because of the number of users using these. If I was the owner, I would also become really popular because I made these sites. It would also be fun to think of how to upgrade these sites in order for people not to get tired of these applications and how to constantly improve it for the better experience of its users.

12. Oropherion

Oropherion Recruit

I don't tend to show much envy. I know if I had to maintain a business as large as Google, I would crack under the pressure. I'm happy not being a billionaire. It helps that my boyfriend has a rich family, though.

13. harpazo22

harpazo22 Recruit

Google! Especially ever since I saw the movie Internship, haha. It's a huge website and I don't see it going anywhere in the future.

14. mooray

mooray Recruit

Hmm. That is a tough question. I can't decide, let me Google it ;)

15. AmazonXD

AmazonXD Recruit

I mean, everyone has said it already, but Google. However, I would also wish that I have the same staff and the same business ideas they did. Google really blew up due to their hand in a lot of the tech markets, so simply building the site didn't earn them their spot at the top. I would've really liked to be at the cusp of Youtube (I joined about 7 years ago, but I wish I would've produced more content then).

A little bit more on-topic, I wish I would've been there at the start for IGN or Gametrailers. Ideally, I also would've loved to be a part of "Mega64", but I guess that's more of a comedy video group than a website.

16. pwarbi

pwarbi Recruit

This might sound a bit shallow, but any site that would make me a millionaire I'd go for.

I'd like to say a site that's deep and meaningful or that,would help save the world or change people's lives but why bother lying?! Ha!

17. harpazo22

harpazo22 Recruit

That's a good one. I thought of Facebook too, but then thought about how it might lose interest and disappear in the future like Xanga did. So yes, they definitely need to keep it interesting.

2 people like this.
  18. pwarbi

pwarbi Recruit

Facebook is the most used site in the world along with Google so I doubt it will be disappearing anytime soon.

Anyway, even if it did, if you made the site then by now you'd have sold it and cashed in your billions a long time ago, well...I would have anyway!

19. Jordan94

Jordan94 Recruit

I wish that I would have been the one who created Facebook. The amount of money that guy has is insane! I also wish I would have made Myspace, that way I would be able to bring it back to it's original state. It's so dead now, and doesn't ever really have much going on at all anymore. It really sucks. It was a really good website. Better than Facebook in my opinion.

20. pwarbi

pwarbi Recruit

I think any of the social network sites would have made a lot of money for the people involved in creating them.

This just shows for me that if you have a good idea and concept, then it will work no matter what other competitors are out there at the time.