• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

SKILL BASED MATCHMAKING PLEASE

Flashshark

Recruit
The teams are too unfair...

Please stop mixing lvl 10 and lv 155 !
make at least 5 steps (lvl 0-30, 31-60, ....)

and seperate premade taems from random teams thanks!

Angels of Death

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
They took it out?
What? You don't notice anything different after we had problems with matchmaking? There was a huge backlash, and we had wait times longer than a minute. They removed it after players noticed the wait times. I forget which update it was, but it's gone.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
What? You don't notice anything different after we had problems with matchmaking? There was a huge backlash, and we had wait times longer than a minute. They removed it after players noticed the wait times. I forget which update it was, but it's gone.
I have never seen anything regarding SBMM one way or the other from Activision/IW. I've seen YT vids where people use test accounts to confirm that SBMM does exist to a degree. I realize there was backlash because people cry about anything, but can you find which update they supposedly removed it? After googling I find nothing.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I have never seen anything regarding SBMM one way or the other from Activision/IW. I've seen YT vids where people use test accounts to confirm that SBMM does exist to a degree. I realize there was backlash because people cry about anything, but can you find which update they supposedly removed it? After googling I find nothing.
Yeah, to a degree. Meaning parts of SBMM is gone at that point. Here's Season One Refresh, if I remember correctly...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNfv45MWjOA

It was crazy. I sometimes leave the lobby alone to show the difference in wait times for future reference. However, Season 4 refresh was much smoother, much. much quicker. There are some lag spikes, but I noticed that we can go from match to match with no issue. Both Warzone/Multiplayer.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
Yeah, to a degree. Meaning parts of SBMM is gone at that point. Here's Season One Refresh, if I remember correctly...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNfv45MWjOA

It was crazy. I sometimes leave the lobby alone to show the difference in wait times for future reference. However, Season 4 refresh was much smoother, much. much quicker. There are some lag spikes, but I noticed that we can go from match to match with no issue. Both Warzone/Multiplayer.
See I've seen YT vids from the last couple months from a couple guys I follow that suggest there is still SBMM. I've never seen anything from Activision/IW either way though - do you have a link?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
See I've seen YT vids from the last couple months from a couple guys I follow that suggest there is still SBMM. I've never seen anything from Activision/IW either way though - do you have a link?
Doing a search isn't getting me results, but I remember tweets saying portions of SBMM being removed, but at the same time.... There was a change in the way lobby search was done mid-March, where everyone was complaining about the wait times. People noticed that SBMM has changed somewhat, and you noticed it yourself. It's not entirely gone, but you need to realize that the game is basically playing like regular Call of Duty. You can even notice it in your gameplay. It's classic Call of Duty. That's why I say SBMM the way we know it... is gone.

However, don't get all excited, because it's still there somewhat.

EDIT: Typed in "Call of Duty Wait times" and found the CharlieIntel article, and volia...

View: https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist/status/1256406582931251201

Keep in mind, this is just official announcement, but around mid-March, we has a few hotfixes that was silent.

Flashshark

Recruit
Back to Apex Legand! They have a good SBMM and a ranked mode!

So much better to play for me!

Really liked the military style and the weapons of WZ but it's unplayable for me...

Flashshark

Recruit
I've tried Ring of Elysium now, and wow! thats I true realistic military br shooter.
You have to organize your backback, look which ammunition you grab (9mm, 7,62, .50 ...).
There are upgrades for yor weapons to equip during the session...
Nice!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Things that need a little adjustment - Game sound, skill based matchmaking, crossplay fps difference Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 11
M Multi Looking for new members. We are are not a skill based group. We also consider ourself a community of gamers not a clan. Clan Recruitment 0
S REMOVE C4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO SKILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Call of Duty: WarZone 2
T Please ban or limit c4! It literally takes no skill. I was flying im a heli and all they have to do is jump and double tap square. Make it to were the Call of Duty: WarZone 24
S Multi Valiant Gaming is recruiting all skill levels Clan Recruitment 0
RK_S1N1STER Xbox Live Recruiting High Skill players. Clan Recruitment 1
S Xbox Live Sentinel Gaming looking for people of any skill Clan Recruitment 0
Phlipups Xbox Live Pork Chop Platoon is Open for Recruitment! 25+ Mature FPS Gaming Community - No skill required. Clan Recruitment 10
SG_DiVinE Multi Seismic Gaming ✫✫ Mature || Discord || 16+ || RECRUITING ALL SKILL Clan Chat 6
C "How to improve aim, accuracy, and gun skill" - CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS 3 TIPS AND TRICKS Call of Duty Media 0
Phlipups Xbox Live (PCP) PorkChop Platoon- Mature 25+ Xbox FPS Gaming Community Recruiting- Good times/no skill needed Clan Recruitment 0
P The Skill of Camping!!!!!!! Call of Duty Media 1
K CoD4 Survival Mode on ''WELLTOWN'' Map (based on the MW3 Mode) Call of Duty Media 0
S What Rifle is the M13 based on? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
R PSN UK based cod clan Clan Recruitment 4
Crash124 PC UK Based PC Player looking for a clan..... Clan Recruitment 1
E Multi Looking.. Clan on GMT or UK based Clan Recruitment 0
F Xbox Live FEAR is a friend and family based 17+ clan on xbx1 Clan Recruitment 0
RabidGamer420 Xbox Live [ANOM] Aka Anonymous xbox 360 based clan needing recruits Clan Chat 0
RabidGamer420 Xbox Live [ANOM] Aka Anonymous xbox 360 based clan needing recruits Clan Recruitment 0
P Why A Civil War-Based CoD Would Be Great For Our Times General Call of Duty 0
C Looking for TDM clan on xbox1 pls b good winners/losers southern cali based Clan Chat 0
C Looking for a UK based clan on PC. Clan Chat 0
D Objective-based Player searching for a clan Clan Chat 1
M Manic Gaming looking for new members on xbox one (uk based) Clan Chat 1
M PSN Looking for a Small UK based clan Clan Chat 0
F PSN looking for aussie based clan PS4 Clan Recruitment 0
Carlos Weapons in CODAW are based on real-life tech General Call of Duty 0
M Xbox Live Suicide by Superpower | Xbox 360 | US Based | Website Clan Recruitment 0
BTCGuru81 Objective Based Multiplayer Mode General Call of Duty 12
M FPS research into war based FPS games - for a uni project i'm doing Video Games 3
X We Are EN3MYDOWN. UK Based xBox Clan/Community. Clan Recruitment 0
B Question About Matchmaking Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 7
T Matchmaking Is Terriable General Call of Duty 1
S MATCHMAKING IS JUST AWFUL General Call of Duty 9
A-state501 Matchmaking General Call of Duty 0
eGsistance BO3 Matchmaking General Call of Duty 1
R Zombie matchmaking General Call of Duty 1