• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Sledgehammer: Here's what makes Advanced Warfare different

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoIsDo

Recruit
Advanced-Warfare-640x360.jpg
Reading a recent article on MP1st, Sledgehammer stated a few reasons as to why they feel Advanced Warfare will be different from previous Call of Duty titles. I've included a few snippets from the article below:

Speaking to GameInformer, the duo shined a little light on what their vision of Call of Duty is and how it might differ from past iterations.

“I don’t think it’s fair to call us either a Treyarch or Infinity Ward style, but certainly the best learnings from both studios have given us a great foundation to deliver on Call of Duty,” Condrey said.

Echoing his sentiments, Schofield added, “You know, when I pick up a third or fourth version of a game, I want it to feel a little, you know, ‘Okay I’m Familiar with it, but what’d you bring me new?’ And we’ve gone through the entire game. I mean, even to the HUD, the front-end, how we’re going to do the movies – everything like that, we’re trying to innovate and change. But at the same time, you know, maybe we change it up as much as possible but there’s something in it that people can say, ‘Eh, it’s still Call of Duty.’ Because we know there’s millions of people that play and they don’t want a completely different game. They want Call of Duty but better, different, innovative.”

Condrey went on to explain, “I think that’s what excites us about Advanced Warfare, right? Innovation through this concept of the EXO – off the controller changes. So, for us, I think that was a message that I most to to heart coming out of MW3, which was with all that effort and energy and push, we needed to bring a new way to play Call of Duty, and you’re going to see that.”​

Derri

Recruit
Sounds very awesome but I'm rather guarded right now because the last few CoD games while fun, haven't kept my appeal for more than the first few months. I'm craving that CoD that brings me back into playing the entire year like I used to. Ever since BO2 I've played these CoDs less and less as BO2 wasn't fun for me and Ghosts for some reason lost its appeal.

Grim

Prestige
Me neither! It looks really cool and a very nice change to cod than what we've all seen in the past.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I'm gonna keep my final judgment of the game to myself until I play it, but so far it looks like it could potentially be one of the biggest cods of all time.

Dante

Recruit
Sounds very awesome but I'm rather guarded right now because the last few CoD games while fun, haven't kept my appeal for more than the first few months. I'm craving that CoD that brings me back into playing the entire year like I used to. Ever since BO2 I've played these CoDs less and less as BO2 wasn't fun for me and Ghosts for some reason lost its appeal.

Well said @Derri. I think that this is gonna be an amazingly fun COD, but I've had hype for certain ones in the past that, imo, turned out to be terrible.

Grim

Prestige
Well said @Derri. I think that this is gonna be an amazingly fun COD, but I've had hype for certain ones in the past that, imo, turned out to be terrible.
That was one of my concerns for awhile after Advanced Warfare was announced but I don't know, I honestly think they nailed it this time around.

Dante

Recruit
That was one of my concerns for awhile after Advanced Warfare was announced but I don't know, I honestly think they nailed it this time around.

I'm kinda feeling the same way to be honest. I've been pretty disappointed with a lot of the previous COD titles, but this one just feels right for some reason.

Grim

Prestige
I'm the same way. I liked black ops 2, but almost all of the other recent cods for me personally have been just all around bad.

Dante

Recruit
I'm the same way. I liked black ops 2, but almost all of the other recent cods for me personally have been just all around bad.
Yeah me too. I did however really like the campaign for both treyarch and infinity wards series'.

Grim

Prestige
Yeah me too. I did however really like the campaign for both treyarch and infinity wards series'.
Me too. I just enjoyed the story to be honest. Nevermind if the storyline itself was amazing or whatever, there was just something with how they presented it, for me at least, that always had me wanting more regardless of which one I was playing.

Dante

Recruit
Me too. I just enjoyed the story to be honest. Nevermind if the storyline itself was amazing or whatever, there was just something with how they presented it, for me at least, that always had me wanting more regardless of which one I was playing.

I can see that. The presentation in most if not all the cod titles' campaigns was really good for me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements