• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Some updates on my build

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
So after some open part surgery and the addition of a new bracket, I now have a new look for my pc.

This is what it looked like all opened up after adding the bracket and swapping the fans.

IMG_20211107_212207.jpgIMG_20211107_212209.jpgIMG_20211107_212211.jpg

And here she is with the covers back on.

IMG_20211107_215936.jpgIMG_20211107_215942.jpgIMG_20211107_215949.jpgIMG_20211107_215953.jpg

I have an annoying cable at the top and I need to do something about the GPU power cables, but I might leave those till I'm feeling more energised.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
looks awsome i have thought about having graphics card sideways is there a temp difference or no. i like how it looks.

KeyboardDemon

I think the GPU is marginally warmer, I'm seeing it hit highs of around 64c in Control, I think I was closer to 61/62c before, but I also swapped my top fans to exhaust now, and my room temperatures might also be a factor here.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
room temps are a factor. ive been seeing that.when im not gaming i run case fans at 75 percent and gaming 100 percent and all is good. afterburner runs my gpu fans while gaming. as far as color schemes i forget how many msi has. all my rgb fans run through nzxt cam.

KeyboardDemon

The MSI software is only good for controlling the colour of the LEDs on the mobo, it has limited effects, and no effects that I'd ever use. I have switched back to using the buttons on my case for my case fan LEDs, AMD Wraith software for the CPU cooler, Corsair iCue software for the RAM, and now I also have the PNY Velocity software for the GPU, which has better options than the MSI software, but that doesn't make it good.

KeyboardDemon

I have been messing around with colour schemes, it's hard to set my case fans to the exact colour I want as these are controlled by the buttons on the top of the case and only give me 10 colour options and 5 colour modes.

I must start with picking one of the case colour options and then a mode such as solid, breathing, radar, sparkle or rainbow. The rainbow looks really good, but it's quite distracting, so I have decided to go with sparkle and matched my the CPU, mobo and GPU LEDs to sky blue.

What do you guys think? I might experiment with the orange and yellow colours sometime too.

KeyboardDemon

Thanks, my options are quite limited due to the limited options with my case colour selection. I would either need to change my mobo or change my fans to something with a USB header that lets me control the fans through software to get more options.

KeyboardDemon

I've added a like to your video on YouTube.

Screen capture on games only caps the output from your PC, I'd have to be in front of your monitor to see it the way you see it on your monitor.

The important thing is the you're happy with the results that you're getting and I hope you stay that way for years to come.

In my opinion, your new monitor choice is a much better decision than the one you made when you stepped down to a 24" at 1080p, and this comes across in your posts about the monitor. I'm liking the enthusiasm, I hope you enjoy it for many years. :D

KeyboardDemon

Ok, so I have had time to mess around with my lighting and for now I have settled on an orange theme and I have shot a short video of my lights, my phone doesn't pick up the true colours as I see them, but hopefully you will get the essence of what I was aiming at.

My theme is to lava, yep, my PC is lava... run!!!

What do you all think?

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Looks awesome..

I have never been a big one for aesthetics... I am always tinkering so I never even have my case fully on..
I remember one time when I was running a domain, I had the LINUX "box" screwed into a 2x6!! Just sittin bare on a network rack... :D That was a fun time.. I even ran an old XBOX (Original) as a LINUX EMAILServ....

Good times.. :D

But your machine looks awesome!! Almost makes me want to be respectable.. heh

KeyboardDemon

Looks awesome..

..... :D

But your machine looks awesome!! Almost makes me want to be respectable.. heh
Thanks.

I first used lighting in my previous build but it was an afterthought and looked quite rubbish even after swapping out cold cathode tubes.

This build, that I started in June 2020 was started with lighting in mind and it hasn't come together the way I thought it would as there was a lot I didn't get about the plethora of different standards and methods of implementation.

It will look even better on my next attempt.