• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Still crashing to desktop after 5 minutes...

herrerik

Recruit
Hi!
First day it crashed all the time. Fine. New patch came. I could play for 90 minutes without a crash.
But then another patch came and not its back to crash to desktop after 5 minutes each match. No message either.

The same for you? Unplayable right now.

vez2005

Recruit
Yes it's nvidia. What's the trick?
ok, this is working stable for me and not guaranteed to any and you, I don't uninstall the new version of nvidia 442.59. but i did install another version ---> Nvidia 441.87 see the link? https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/156282/en-us
Note1: Don't restart the computer just play after install. Note2: I did this always if i turn off my computer

this next step is if the game still restarting.
after install the old version of invidia, when clicking play on battlenet try to end task some application that are not useful like: microsoft edge, google chrome, microsoft store, any apps that are not useful and make your CPU 10% below running.. mine is 2% after exiting some apps.
and then go back to game.

in the game try to lower graphics except the text resolution set to normal or more.
i dont think monitor resolution also matter but still i set to 1152x720 and render resolution 100

frame limit custom
maximum 60
minimum 30

hope it helps.

if still doesn't just try another version of nvidia video card

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Hi how comes there’s so many ppl playing but we still can’t yet Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
D Sitting still for thirty seconds ISN'T INACTIVITY Call of Duty: WarZone 4
Icyheart still missing pumpkin punisher even after update. Call of Duty: WarZone 3
C Paladin Coop mission still bugged!? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
U Old gamertag and Activision name still showing on leaderboards Call of Duty: WarZone 2
D T Pose reticle unlock broken. Still. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
B Are there still people playing COD4 on xbox 360 ? General Call of Duty 3
R Anyone on xbox one x having the memory error m 13-71 still pop up as well as must be sign in to xbox live ? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
R Multi Looking for a clan who still plays some MWR. Clan Recruitment 0
VoiDProjects Multi Does the clan KSI still exist Clan Chat 1
T Xbox Live My least favorite title (But I Still Like and Play It) General Call of Duty 0
nusster Does the game still hold up? General Call of Duty 0
B Xbox Live Which are still playable? General Call of Duty 1
gh0st233 Does anyone still play this? Please tell me you do. General Call of Duty 8
TeamNiceDynamite Xbox Platforms Still Get Timed-Exclusive DLC General Call of Duty 13
Carlos A new Modern Warfare is still happening General Call of Duty 2
L0l0 Do I Still Hate Call of Duty: Ghost? Call of Duty Media 0
TheViper Do You Still Play This Game? General Call of Duty 13
Carlos Modern Warfare 4 may still be in development General Call of Duty 1
dcloutier Do You Still Play Black Ops 1? General Call of Duty 63
JetSet Anyone still playing? General Call of Duty 0
MidnightEagle11 Does anyone still play? General Call of Duty 24
R ELITE PREMIUM MEMEBER WHO STILL HAVE FOUNDERS STATUS Clan Chat 0
MidnightEagle11 Is Gaz Still Alive in MW2? General Call of Duty 6
J Still playing MW now MW2 is out? General Call of Duty 7
R who still plays? General Call of Duty 11
N Constantly crashing in-game (zombies more than multiplayer) Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
S Crashing on transitions? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
Yankee_LT Crashing On Exit (PC) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
N Solved? Modern Warfare Crashing to Desktop (PC). Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
F Warzone crashing on end credits Call of Duty: WarZone 0
K My game is crashing to desktop, in lobby, or in game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
T COD Keeps Crashing to desktop Call of Duty: WarZone 10
D Crashing everytime on PC Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Skunkopath How to FIX Cod Warzone CPU 100% - Crashing after 2 mins Call of Duty: WarZone 0
F Weird crashing that I cant seem to find online. Help?!? Call of Duty: WarZone 1
S COD Warzone is being DDOS right now. Which explains why their servers are crashing.. DEBATE! Call of Duty: WarZone 1
T Game Keeps Crashing Call of Duty: WarZone 0
G Crashing after about 2 minutes in game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
P Post your PC Desktop The Lounge 5