• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

Stutter

Zilko

Recruit
Hello there,

Recently i've build my PC and was excited to finally play games on high-res.
When im playing CoD-MW (BR), the FPS-rate is awesome (150-200). Though, an avarage of every 10 seconds it drops like 40-50 FPS for a quarter of a second. This sounds like nothing, but when you're in the midle of a gunfight or w/e, it's impossible to play normally.
I've already read some thing about changing settings (disable V-sync, disable 'depth of field') but I still can't fix it to make it run smooth.

Hopefully anyone out here has some advice/tips for me to try

Angels of Death

DizzyDemon

Recruit
There are a few threads about this already, it looks to me line a server issue, please use the links that @Carlos had provided and report it as an issue to Activision/IW, because whether it is poor software optimization or server issues, I think there is very little we can do to fix it.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

You can find the support links here.

Zilko

Recruit
Thanks for the help! I posted on one of the communities, hopefully someone there has an answer...

Oh, and I forgot to ask.. You're telling me about it might be the server. 2 friends of mine have nearly the same PC, we compared the settings ingame. We have to be on the same server, so how can it even be the server?

DizzyDemon

Recruit
Your PC hardware will determine how will the game will run but it requires data from the server in order for you to pay online.

The server has to manage multiple players with different levels of ping and other factors that could hinder the server's ability to share essential data between all points simultaneously. If you and I play a game on identical systems but my ping is 30 while yours is 20, it means that you have an advantage as the server can inform you of what's happening in game before it can inform me.

When I talk about it being a server issue, it doesn't always mean the server has a fault, it is more to say that there are issues with data and ping rates.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Zilko

Recruit
So, I finally found the cause. I tried all kind of shit; diffrent ISP's, diffrent RAM, hotspot from my phone, cooling by an extern fan, all kind of diffrent settings, re-installing the game+shaders.
Then I tried another SSD with windows installed on it, and guess what; this shit worked.
So I re-installed windows and basta, it's working for now. Stupid but simple.
Hopefully this will work for someone else as well.