1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: WWII, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Survival Mode - Did you enjoy it?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3' started by samb222, Apr 6, 2013.

Sponsored
  1. samb222

samb222 Recruit

One of the main reasons I bought Modern Warfare 3 was for the survival mode - In my mind, this was a cross between Gears of War's 'Horde Mode' and Black Op's 'Zombies'.

But boy was I wrong. Sure, it was really fun.. But you could only play with one other person!
    I envisioned playing online with ATLEAST 3 of my friends, but nope... Only 2. Which sucked, especially as I usually play in a group, and it eventually led to just having to pick one person to play with, and the other 2 being left out.

Did you enjoy survival mode? Opinions?

2. Danblu

Danblu Recruit

Well I suppose, for me, it was alright. Nothing really new compared to many other games or modes but still very enjoyable and challenging. It does suck that it's so limited player number wise, 2 players, in the current day and age, is quite limited. Overall it's a nice addition to the modes a person can choose from.

3. GreenCamino

GreenCamino Recruit

It wasn't bad but I'd take Nazi Zombies over it any day. I felt like it kind of got repetitive faster than a game of Zombies would have. It was still a pretty fun mode though in my opinion. I liked the cash system they had with it and that there were waves of enemies instead of just a constant never ending stream. It was unique and I do play it every now and then when I'm at a friends house but I would have rather had them put a Nazi Zombies mode into Modern Warfare 3

4. apriapism

apriapism Recruit

I thought it was alright, I didn't play it too often. but whenever I did with my friends we ended up enjoying ourselves.

5. kamy

kamy Recruit

yeh it is pretty good to play with a friend when your bored of multiplayer or single player. I played it for a full sunday on each level it can get addicting but boring at the same time.

6. SkinTight

SkinTight Recruit

Me and my friend loved survival mode, we would play it all the time after multiplayer. I didn't have black ops at the time so i didn't know what it was like to play zombies so me and my friend played survival instead. It was pretty cool how we got to use killstreaks.

7. thethirdeye

thethirdeye Recruit

It was fun at first, but over time I got somewhat bored of it. It doesn't come close to being as good as Nazi Zombies however. It's cool as a warmup, or sometimes when I feel like mindless shooting I guess.

8. riku517

riku517 Recruit

I agree with most of the replies here, survival was fun the first couple of times, but got boring fast. I'd rather survive with 3 of my buddies playing zombies.

9. xlSynergy_imported3

I loved it! I never really got bored of it, and I played it a lot too. I did get frustrated with it a lot though, especially with those Juggernauts :p

10. samb222

samb222 Recruit

Haha yeah, there's no denying it was a great gamemode with some great ideas (killstreaks, buying weapons through a cash based system), but I think it was ruined by not being able to play with more then one other person at a time. If it was 4 player, it'd of been a great hit, in my mind anyway :)

11. thethirdeye

thethirdeye Recruit

It had so much potential with what it borrowed from World at War. It almost could have been what zombies, was but a million times better. I hope MW4 gets it right though.

12. GoodGorilla

GoodGorilla Recruit

I really don't like call of duty for anything other than campaign and multiplayer. Well zombies is an exception, but it is only in treyarch games. I didn't really expect survival mode to be anything impressive and I was right. All the spec ops and other modes like these feel really not refined. They are really just a few spit outs to make the game have more variety and they don't really put much effort into making these.

13. SkinTight

SkinTight Recruit

I like it, the unlock system is pretty good the more you play the better things you get to help you survive. I use sentry guns, delta squad and predator missiles. Survived 25 rounds by myself that way...it gets pretty intense, juggernauts, helicopters, enemies with c4 strapped to em and they even start planting claymores for you to trip when running around the map...the last round i was in had infantry and helicopters at the same time...it gets pretty intense, so far best thing about MW3

14. blackmk7

blackmk7 Recruit

Shoo I still have a lot of fun with this game, with my best friend. Love playing the survivor mode when he comes over. Its what you would call an oldie but goody.

15. bsge11

bsge11 Recruit

Survival mode is fun and am glad it's featured in MW3. It's really fun when you play with your friends. Also challenging to, cause you have to work together and stay alive while taking on an entire army of enemies.

16. Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Recruit

It was okay, but not enjoyable. It didn't strike me as Fun, but just repetitive. I feel like there was a really steep learning curve for it. It was quite a difficult game mode, which was kind of a turn off to me. Zombies, while it is still difficult, is much easier to adjust to, in my opinion.

17. Canarez

Canarez Recruit

I felt survival was fun for the first while of having MW3, I played with my friend but it was pretty annoying that you could only have one friend with you. After a couple weeks it started fading for me, I got more bored of it and didn't have the urge to play it anymore. Occasionally I'd just pop in Zombies from Black Ops and just play that for a survival-type mode in CoD. The survival was very disappointing in MW3. I totally agree

18. Gunner3579

Gunner3579 Recruit

Survival was one of those things that I think sounded better in concept that it actually was in execution. It was a fun time waster, and had a few interesting ideas (such as the aforementioned ability to purchase killstreaks, perks and/or weapons), but the enemy AI was lackluster (never really balancing well between terrible and aimbotting), and limiting it to 4 players was also a bit annoying. Beyond that, the level system placed a huge emphasis on grinding, forcing you to slowly level up (independently of the multiplayer mode) in order to purchase better equipment, rather than just putting a higher price on the items (which they also did).

19. toughtrasher

toughtrasher Recruit

Yes, I enjoyed it.

For me, it was something fairly different for the game and I just had a great time playing it. I wasn't as addicted as I thought I'd be, however, but it was still a good experience. Nothing to bash on it about.

20. oscarmikewhiskey

Survival mode was a poor imitation of nazi zombies it was not at all comparable to the amazing game type in World at war or either black ops games.It was too easy three stars was too easy to attain in any difficulty. The enemy helicopters were too easy to take down and the juggernauts were armor plated kittens. Survival was a fun game mode if you didn't have much time to play though.