• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

The more I play this the more I regret spending my money on this game..

Nimrod

Recruit
This is just a massive downgrade from Modern Warfare.. Lacks on pretty much everything.

Sadly I am dumb enough to have deinstalled MW and invested 60 bucks in to this shite now I am forced to kind of play it for a while and hope for updates fixing it all..

I never played the alpha or the beta, as I hate playing those kind of things. It's just too annyoing to start to get into something with a timelimit. So I went into the full release more or less completely blind (Only saw a couple of clips on youtube)

I was chocked at how much of a downgrade it actually is. I did hear people talking about it before, but I assumed it was the usual shit talk whenever a new game in a series is released, but man was I wrong.

Graphics and animations are a huge step back. The gunplay is back to the arcady/free-to-play feel that recent black ops games have been plagued by and the visibility is fucking terrible on most maps.

I do enjoy the game though, but I really don't understand how they thought this would be an acceptable game to release after MW.

Oh Yeah I forgot to add that the controls feels so god damn floaty that it feels like im hanging from a kite shooting at people.

The aim assist on controllers are also beyond ridiculous. I didn't mind it in MW, but in black ops it is really over the top. You can throw a smoke granade and the crosshair will track people through the damn smoke. I got 4 kills in a match yesterday on people I couldn't even see and I had no idea they were even there until my crosshair started moving by itself.

Nimrod

Recruit
I never played the alpha or the beta, as I hate playing those kind of things. It's just too annyoing to start to get into something with a timelimit. So I went into the full release more or less completely blind (Only saw a couple of clips on youtube)

I was chocked at how much of a downgrade it actually is. I did hear people talking about it before, but I assumed it was the usual shit talk whenever a new game in a series is released, but man was I wrong.

Graphics and animations are a huge step back. The gunplay is back to the arcady/free-to-play feel that recent black ops games have been plagued by and the visibility is fucking terrible on most maps.

I do enjoy the game though, but I really don't understand how they thought this would be an acceptable game to release after MW.
Oh Yeah I forgot to add that the controls feels so god damn floaty that it feels like im hanging from a kite shooting at people.

The aim assist on controllers are also beyond ridiculous. I didn't mind it in MW, but in black ops it is really over the top. You can throw a smoke granade and the crosshair will track people through the damn smoke. I got 4 kills in a match yesterday on people I couldn't even see and I had no idea they were even there until my crosshair started moving by itself.
Fully agree with everything said.

Can't say much about the controllers as I play on PC, controls feel fine to me. But the speed to aim in seems odd and does not always react.

I hope they do something about all this and SOMEHOW rescue the game.

Jared S

Recruit
yeah, its an unrefined mess of a game lol... like im playing a ten year old game. the MP is horrendous haha...the single player and zombies are pretty damn fun tho... but thats where it ends for me. why would i play this when i can play MW and have a streamlined perfect game lol.

i also play on PC. i mean yeah even as far as the deaths... so cheesey!

Nimrod

Recruit
yeah, its an unrefined mess of a game lol... like im playing a ten year old game. the MP is horrendous haha...the single player and zombies are pretty damn fun tho... but thats where it ends for me. why would i play this when i can play MW and have a streamlined perfect game lol.

i also play on PC. i mean yeah even as far as the deaths... so cheesey!
Yeah.

I will give it 1-2 more months and if then I still find it bad I will deinstall and go back to COD MW completely.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I played the alpha, and a little bit of the beta. Was not impressed so far. But I already knew that. Here's why...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00FQVZ2agII

It's shit talk. We're in the middle of a console transition. So, I would not expect insane graphics just yet. Happned before with Ghosts on PS4/Xbox One, Advanced Warfare on PS4/Xbox One. The thing is though, Advanced Warfare took advantage of the hardware more than Ghosts did.
You ain't seen nothing. Alpha/Beta, the animation was like a more, "tanky" movement. You move, but there's a delay, like it's noticeable. When I saw the recent videos, the team must have changed the movement to make it seem like you're running fast.
Check the video above. Most devs have 3 years to finish the game, but there was a tug of war between Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software, so Activision stepped in and helmed Treyarch as lead. So, all of us are hurt in the process. Idiots. It's not about your game design ideas, devs. It's about what your customers want!

Stupid. *facepalm*

It's somewhat inconsistent. I don't see that in my playthrough, but I do think that the hit detection is a "hit and miss" affair, rather than the typical "hit or miss" affair. You hit your target, but you also miss your targets, too. When you empty your magazine at a player, your opponents takes 80% of the bullet sponge, with 20% not registering.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
I haven't played it yet, but from what I have been reading about it here and in other posts on CoDForums it seems like it was a good decision to hold back on pulling the trigger on this 1.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I haven't played it yet, but from what I have been reading about it here and in other posts on CoDForums it seems like it was a good decision to hold back on pulling the trigger on this 1.
Same here. The difference is, I'm not waiting on the "feedback," I'm waiting to buy PS5 and the game at the same time. Ghost on PS3 was a poor experience. I vowed to never buy the previous gen games during next gen's launch window. So, if for example, Advanced Warfare is available on PS4... I'll buy PS4 and the game at the same time. Which I did. I got PS4, then my first 3 games, which were Advanced Warfare, Diablo 3, and Grand Theft Auto V (which was bundled with my PS4). Last of Us Remastered was bundled with it, but it was a redeemable code, soo... there's that.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
Same here. The difference is, I'm not waiting on the "feedback," I'm waiting to buy PS5 and the game at the same time. Ghost on PS3 was a poor experience. I vowed to never buy the previous gen games during next gen's launch window. So, if for example, Advanced Warfare is available on PS4... I'll buy PS4 and the game at the same time. Which I did. I got PS4, then my first 3 games, which were Advanced Warfare, Diablo 3, and Grand Theft Auto V (which was bundled with my PS4). Last of Us Remastered was bundled with it, but it was a redeemable code, soo... there's that.
So, there is another thread where the OP talked about the behavior of the players AND how bad the game looked, at first, I didn't think that the issue of which gen would have an impact on the way that gamers playing would behave but that was only part of the issue.

The part of the complaint that I thought had nothing to do with the new gen consoles was the complaints about camping, after all camping has been an issue with first person shooters for as long as I can remember.

I think camping as a term is so vague, I have been accused of camping on occasions when I have been moving towards an objective, heard footsteps coming towards me, seen a place where I can crouch and pre-aim and then got the kill as the player I heard runs round a corner or goes through a door.

I have also played games where I have found a location that would enable me to get longshots, dropped claymores or mines at the two main entrances to my spot and waited to get kills over some long sight lines and not been called a camper.

After reading that other thread, I just thought it was someone griping over being caught out by a player using either of the 2 tactics above, but since posting I have heard from friends that I play CoD with that are also saying they don't want to get the new game until they have their new next gen console to play the game on in all its full glory. So, you're not alone with that train of thought.

As a PC player next and previous gen is not as big an issue for me as it is for console players who go through this generation gap every 7-years, unlike console players I can upgrade parts of a PC to make it more relevant to play a latest release game if for some reason my current config is not fully up to the task so my mindset didn't register the generational change issues until I saw the videos you posted and went back to OPs first post in that other thread.

Right now it looks like there is still a lot of work to be done to complete the game judging by the anecdotal posts in threads.

Treyarch were not just thrown into the deep end and told that they have a shortened development time to contend with, but they also had the added pressure of having to work with their teams operating remotely due to the pandemic as well as further pressure added as the also had to develop for 2 generations of console on top of the already heavy workload.

I guess I will just have to wait and see, maybe, if there is a Season 7 in Modern Warfare, I can at least enjoy that while Treyarch finish off the game.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
So, there is another thread where the OP talked about the behavior of the players AND how bad the game looked, at first, I didn't think that the issue of which gen would have an impact on the way that gamers playing would behave but that was only part of the issue.

The part of the complaint that I thought had nothing to do with the new gen consoles was the complaints about camping, after all camping has been an issue with first person shooters for as long as I can remember.

I think camping as a term is so vague, I have been accused of camping on occasions when I have been moving towards an objective, heard footsteps coming towards me, seen a place where I can crouch and pre-aim and then got the kill as the player I heard runs round a corner or goes through a door.

I have also played games where I have found a location that would enable me to get longshots, dropped claymores or mines at the two main entrances to my spot and waited to get kills over some long sight lines and not been called a camper.
This ALWAYS happens with launches of Call of Duty. I'm guilty of the same syndrome, of hating campers. I just hate them. However, your style of "camping" is what I do, too. But the difference is, I want to counter the campers, like that open container in Shipment (2019). Thing is, though, Black Ops games are supposedly "rusher" friendly. Hence the pronounced hate for campers.
After reading that other thread, I just thought it was someone griping over being caught out by a player using either of the 2 tactics above, but since posting I have heard from friends that I play CoD with that are also saying they don't want to get the new game until they have their new next gen console to play the game on in all its full glory. So, you're not alone with that train of thought.
Yeah, a lot of people got the train of thought from the issues of Ghosts/Advanced Warfare.
Right now it looks like there is still a lot of work to be done to complete the game judging by the anecdotal posts in threads.

Treyarch were not just thrown into the deep end and told that they have a shortened development time to contend with, but they also had the added pressure of having to work with their teams operating remotely due to the pandemic as well as further pressure added as the also had to develop for 2 generations of console on top of the already heavy workload.

I guess I will just have to wait and see, maybe, if there is a Season 7 in Modern Warfare, I can at least enjoy that while Treyarch finish off the game.
I guess so.

I use
I have played both the Ps4 Pro version (waiting for my Ps5 to arrive in 2 days) and the PC version. There's barely any difference except for the framerate and resolution beeing able to go higher on PC. (The looks very close to identical on all platforms)

It's not a case of them gimping old gen versions like they have in the past. ALL versions are serverly lacking this time around

Nimrod

Recruit
Btw, I am waiting for a game called '82'

It's made by the same developers who made Rising Storm 2 and from the looks of it is going to be awesome, I just don't know if it turns out awesome yet.

You can find it on steam

DizzyDemon

Recruit
Btw, I am waiting for a game called '82'

It's made by the same developers who made Rising Storm 2 and from the looks of it is going to be awesome, I just don't know if it turns out awesome yet.

You can find it on steam
A little bit off topic, but I think the game you're talking about is called '83:

‘83 - is a Cold-War-Gone-Hot, combined arms, first-person military shooter for high player counts currently in development at Antimatter Games.
Which sounds most interesting.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I use

I have played both the Ps4 Pro version (waiting for my Ps5 to arrive in 2 days) and the PC version. There's barely any difference except for the framerate and resolution beeing able to go higher on PC. (The looks very close to identical on all platforms)

It's not a case of them gimping old gen versions like they have in the past. ALL versions are serverly lacking this time around
Oh. So it's the same across the board, a lot of the footage I've seen so far is the PS4 version. I see lighter textures, and other issues - I just thought that because it was designed with Next Gen/PC in mind, then the game runs better.

Mark Hoff

Recruit
This is just a massive downgrade from Modern Warfare.. Lacks on pretty much everything.

Sadly I am dumb enough to have deinstalled MW and invested 60 bucks in to this shite now I am forced to kind of play it for a while and hope for updates fixing it all..
I wasted 0ver 90 bucks on this game expecting it to be better than MW2019. I jumped right into campaign mode and was shocked to discover how much they toned down the blood and gore from previous games...heck I can forgive lack of gore, but the lack of wounds on enemies is unacceptable. This is a Treyarch game but feels as sterile as an older Infinity Ward title. I am already back to playing MW 2019.

Oh. So it's the same across the board, a lot of the footage I've seen so far is the PS4 version. I see lighter textures, and other issues - I just thought that because it was designed with Next Gen/PC in mind, then the game runs better.
Do the next gen versions at least have bullet wounds and gore in campaign? I have the Xbox one version and there are no wounds on enemies bodies and zero gore. This feels out of place for a Treyarch game, especially in the Vietnam level.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I wasted 0ver 90 bucks on this game expecting it to be better than MW2019. I jumped right into campaign mode and was shocked to discover how much they toned down the blood and gore from previous games...heck I can forgive lack of gore, but the lack of wounds on enemies is unacceptable. This is a Treyarch game but feels as sterile as an older Infinity Ward title. I am already back to playing MW 2019.
Full story is in the video I posted above.
Do the next gen versions at least have bullet wounds and gore in campaign? I have the Xbox one version and there are no wounds on enemies bodies and zero gore. This feels out of place for a Treyarch game, especially in the Vietnam level.
I don't know. I didn't get my copy of Black Ops Cold War. Like I said before, I plan or planned to get it with the PS5 version because usually, the glaring glitches, graphical imbalances are obvious on the previous gen consoles. Advanced Warfare and Black Ops 3 had POOR, poor optimization. And it's obvious why: All that resource is put into the Next Gen consoles, so you guys on PS4/Xbox One are left behind, while the resource is all poured into the Next Gen consoles. Happened before, and possibly happening now with PS4/Xbox One > PS5/Xbox Series [insert model here]. But the difference won't be 100% noticeable unless you're looking for them. [Like you noticing that there is no bullet wound on opponents.]

But yeah, I noticed the toned-down violence during the Alpha/Beta of the game. I just roll my eyes, and move on. I think it's because of YouTube, and all this censorship bullshit nowadays. I just sigh and roll my eyes. It was perfectly fine in MW2019. If Black Ops Cold War on PS5 is anything like the PS4 version, I'll just drop it like I did with BO4, and play MW2019 on my PS5 via BC.

Nimrod

Recruit
A little bit off topic, but I think the game you're talking about is called '83:

Which sounds most interesting.
Yeah it is indeed called 82, a pretty odd name for a game in my opinion as it's very very hard to google, hope they change the game's title at some point in order to reach a larger audience.

90 bucks, wow, big regrets there.
Well blood and gore, this time I honestly did not even look in to this so much really, didn't give it much attention. What bugged me far more was the lack of native speakers, inaccurate uniforms and giving east-german guards bloody MP5, calling the border police " Stasi ", just so many inaccuracies that anyone who reads in to the topic for 2-3 minutes would have figured really and the devs get paid for that.

But I do agree, the lack of gore in these games recently is pretty bad, I remember the last CoD black ops which also had some vietnam missions was full ofi t.

Elykson343

Recruit
On this topic I did a little bit of testing on the damage and hit boxes in a private match. Went into private match with a buddy. The damage is random and inconsistent for an unknown reason. Either the hit boxes for the arms are bigger than they need to be or some +/- 5 damage RPG fuckery is happening here. Firing at the same distance every time and shooting at the chest at center mass, as consistently as possible, the result were insanely inconsistent. With an AK-47, with only a red dot for precision and ease of aim. The TTK (time to kill) at 10 Meters. Was a range of 3 to 5 shots... WTF is that. If it's true that the damage is a random + or - 5 damage of base gun damage. That would explain some of the weird deaths and kills I have experienced since launch. The hit boxes being larger than normal could also be the cause as well, Siege suffered with this problem for a long time too. Result are inconclusive. More data and testing is required for a definitive result. Hopefully this is a bug and will be resolved quickly, and was not an intentional game design.

Nimrod

Recruit
On this topic I did a little bit of testing on the damage and hit boxes in a private match. Went into private match with a buddy. The damage is random and inconsistent for an unknown reason. Either the hit boxes for the arms are bigger than they need to be or some +/- 5 damage RPG fuckery is happening here. Firing at the same distance every time and shooting at the chest at center mass, as consistently as possible, the result were insanely inconsistent. With an AK-47, with only a red dot for precision and ease of aim. The TTK (time to kill) at 10 Meters. Was a range of 3 to 5 shots... WTF is that. If it's true that the damage is a random + or - 5 damage of base gun damage. That would explain some of the weird deaths and kills I have experienced since launch. The hit boxes being larger than normal could also be the cause as well, Siege suffered with this problem for a long time too. Result are inconclusive. More data and testing is required for a definitive result. Hopefully this is a bug and will be resolved quickly, and was not an intentional game design.
LMAO, this is just an embarassement for a triple A title like this, unbelievable. These are issues some indie title would suffer with a developer team of 2-3 dudes doing this for the first time in their spare time.

Honestly, if I could I would take the game and slap it in to their faces as hard as I can, there are never any consequences for these money grabbing developers/publishers, they just go on and on and on and we never see our money again. There hasn't even been any official statement yet about all the issues and the crappiness of the game, I at least hoped for some apology but I am assuming they just booked the next ticket to Thailand and went straight for a 12 months vacation with our money.

I tried to refund the game but Blizzard apparently does not feel responsible although I bought the game through them and I won't even try to contact activision via mail, no point really.

Haven't touched the game since several days by now, just not in the mood to even pop 1-2 matches and that really means something.

I haven't been that frustrated and disappointed about a game like this in a long time, I guess the high price I paid has something to do with it as well.

I am actually starting to like it.

Still disappointed with the graphics, animations and the lack of content in MP, but the game isn't horrible. It's just feels more like a game that should have come out between BO4 and MW

Feels like a big step up from BO4, but multiple steps down from MW.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Xbox Live Looking to play with more people drop your Xbox gt or activision id Clan Chat 0
F PSN [PS4]NEED ONE MORE PLAY FOR TOURNEMENT AT 12 today Clan Recruitment 1
georgia22 who is in Wewana:Play app? I need more game friends :) Video Games 0
O Xbox Live I want more friends that play Call Of Duty MW3 on XBL Clan Chat 2
Y Multi Need more Recruits for the regiment Clan Recruitment 1
B Xbox Live Need 1 or more players to complete officer challenge Clan Chat 0
pumpknot 6 WINS YESTERDAY! TIPS, TRICKS & MORE! Call of Duty Media 0
S Can't hear supply crates and much more! Call of Duty: WarZone 0
A The only thing more awesome than losing in the late game to a hacker is... Call of Duty: WarZone 3
H More damage Call of Duty: WarZone 2
Wiseowl It’s about time the devs sorted this game out so it’s more fun! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
F Solo mode has more of a survival vibe Call of Duty Media 0
N Multi Wicked Guerillas recruiting 10 more players Clan Recruitment 1
L Multi Anyone need one more person to join their team to boost numbers Clan Recruitment 5
E COD MW Warzone Cheat Engine (ESP, AIMBOT, & MORE) Call of Duty Media 2
Wiseowl How to get more kills? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 16
K should scopes be more powerful in battle royal. Call of Duty: WarZone 0
SR71BETA Need More In Warzone Call of Duty: WarZone 0
V ...More Stealth Changes Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
D Xbox Live Looking for hardcore more clan? Clan Recruitment 2
M Multi Marianas Gaming Looking for more now! Clan Recruitment 0
J Check out my gameplay video!!! More on YouTube follow the link!! :) Call of Duty Media 0
K Xbox Live Need 4 More Clan Members. Clan Recruitment 3
cisco PSN Soldiers Never Sleep Recruitment for PC/PS4 COD MW and more.... Clan Recruitment 14
V Multi eE Recruiting Comp. Content. And more Clan Recruitment 0
K PC Upcoming CoD4 clan with servers - Need staff, members, server managers and more! Clan Chat 0
TeenMatch Youtube Videos about COD and more! NEW CHANNEL! Call of Duty Media 0
CODForums How to earn more XP in CODWWII? General Call of Duty 0
VoiDProjects Multi VoiD Clan wants to get two more sponsors Clan Chat 0
I Multi Se7en Alliance is recruiting!! READ MORE Clan Recruitment 0
Carlos CarlosX360 Co. Ltd. acquires two more COD domains CoDForums Announcements 0
Carlos More Modern Warfare Remastered gameplay in 60fps Call of Duty Media 0
S More Info on Villains of Infinite Warfare General Call of Duty 1
T WIN MORE GUNFIGHTS! - BUMPER JUMPER TACTICAL -NO SCUF? NO PROBLEM - Black Ops 3 TIPS Call of Duty Media 0
Dookey Lukey More Mildly Entertaining Clips Call of Duty Media 0
Carlos More Infinite Warfare teasers arrive General Call of Duty 0
Peaceful Panda Black Ops 3 - Cryptokeys and #BlackMarketBlackout (How To Earn More Cryptokeys) Call of Duty Media 0
M New clan! Message for more info! Clan Chat 1
P Nuke out FFA and more multiplayer Gameplays! Call of Duty Media 0
D How to get more kills in safeguard video! Call of Duty Media 0
J Xbox Live KSI Global Gaming Network recruiting now read for more Info Clan Recruitment 27
V Looking for 1 more for 2v2's Clan Chat 0
V [XB1][UK] I am looking for 3 more people to start a team Clan Chat 0
JusZenTFN 2 More Work Days! The Lounge 13
T XBOX ONE AW DUBBLE FUN TERNY MORE IN THE INFO Clan Chat 0
Carlos More evidence of PS4 being lead platform of Black Ops 3? General Call of Duty 0
eGsistance More Info Bout Reveal General Call of Duty 0
eGsistance Black Ops 3 Teaser Breakdown: Zombies references, Campaign locations, and more General Call of Duty 0
Veritas Gaming Multi Veritas Gaming is recruiting! We have many more game divisions! Clan Recruitment 19
M Searching for more clan members on ps4 for AW Clan Chat 0