• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Things wrong with the game from someone with 20 days playtime

Is the MP5 still op and they missed the bullseye with the nerf?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Civil discussion/argument. To start off

"Why dont you do it" is not accepted because I am not a sweaty trying to impress my 5 twitch viewers. I play for fun, and while winning is fun the game is boring seeing the same guns/strategies.

1. MP5. Nuff said. "they just nerfed it" no they nerfed basically only the 10mm rounds, which nobody uses in warzone. It is the sweaty's drug. No gun has a ttk equal to or better than the MP5 except r9 & origin. "According to ***'s chart it is slower than ***" stfu. ttk is a myth unless u literally bump bellies then land nothing but chest shots and pull the trigger at the exact same moment. What needs to be nerfed about the mp5 is the damage per shot and increase hip spread. Most point blank encounters are basically lost against the mp5. Stopping power mp5 outguns every gun between 7-30 meters. Shotguns only decent below 7 tbh and other 30 the 1% recoil it has can make an average player miss enough shots to bring it down mixed in with jump/drop shotting.
  2. Solos are impossible to enjoy without sweating ur a$$ off. You either die by someone camping or 3rd partied, which the latter cannot be fixed by Activision. Snipers need to be nerfed in solos to make it impossible to 1 shot down/kill with full armor full health. Headshots with snipers should do 240 damage in solos only to give the person who actually tries to play the game a chance to dodge and retaliate.
  3. The game kicks you while your down. Congrats you won the gulag. Heres a green VLK with slugs and now everyone with a uav/heartbeat sees u. Now you are a bounty target. Good luck!
That sniper is totally not paying attention. Could make a great assassination play for someone not paying attention...

"ENEMY DROPPING IN THE AO", siked.

4. Meta guns are ruining the game. I can count on 1 hand the number of custom dragunovs, Scars, MG34, AK47, Oden, Bizen, Striker, P90, Any shotgun, AUG, M9, ERB, SKS, MK2. You get the point by now. "Their strengths are not good in warzone" okay, then buff their weaknesses/ Nerf meta guns. The only gun in that last I can say would not be viable in WZ would be the MK2 but nobody wants to hop off their M4, M13, Grau, MP5, sniper classes.

5. Playing 2s,3s,4s as a solo is toxic. Teammates leave 90% of the time after they die. Make it a 5 minute queue penalty if you leave before the whole squad is dead including gulags. "Nobody wants to watch someone play for 10 minutes and not come back" then dont play. Part of being a TEAM. I have RQ before but only when my teammates play so incredibly stupid (like driving circles around the map in a truck not even looting).

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
3. The game kicks you while your down. Congrats you won the gulag. Heres a green VLK with slugs and now everyone with a uav/heartbeat sees u. Now you are a bounty target. Good luck!
That sniper is totally not paying attention. Could make a great assassination play for someone not paying attention...

"ENEMY DROPPING IN THE AO", siked.

3. This part has never made sense to me. You're coming back from the Gulag with nothing but a pistol while everyone else has Loadouts and HB Sensors and UAVs - why do they also need an audio alert that you're sneaking up on them from the sky? Do they not have enough of an advantage already that they also need an advanced warning of you spawning in the area? I imagine it's because too many crybabies would whine when they lost all their stuff because of someone "respawning".

My idea for the Gulag has been...

Every time you down someone and are able to reach their body before they're revived you have the choice to finish them off or "capture" them. Killing them would permanently end their game, no questions asked - no Gulag, no Buybacks, nothing. But you "get" nothing for killing them. However you could choose to "capture" them instead, and then the Gulag would pay you a small bounty to buy your prisoner to use in their fight club games. Players could go to the Gulag multiple times if they keep getting captured after winning each Gulag. However eventually even these numbers would dwindle as 2 go in but only 1 comes out, and players will quit capturing players once they get to the mid/late-game.

So you could decide depending on whether it's early or late-game whether to kill or capture your downed players. Do you want some cash for a capture because it's early game so you can get a loadout? Is it mid-game and you already have loadouts but maybe want some cash for UAVs so you still capture them. Or maybe you're set already and just want to eliminate a team from the game permanently. It adds a risk/reward element while also adding a realistic reason for the Gulag to exist while eliminating the stupid feature of "buying back" dead teammates from the grave.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
2. Solos are impossible to enjoy without sweating ur a$$ off. You either die by someone camping or 3rd partied, which the latter cannot be fixed by Activision. Snipers need to be nerfed in solos to make it impossible to 1 shot down/kill with full armor full health. Headshots with snipers should do 240 damage in solos only to give the person who actually tries to play the game a chance to dodge and retaliate.

Disagree about snipers not being 1-hit kills - they need to actually be rewarding skill in this game. What they should be doing is adding more bullet drop to all the snipers - stop having these laser-beam HDRs making it so easy to headshot people from 300m away. All snipers should have considerable bullet drop making those ranged shots much more difficult, but that much more rewarding if you do land one. And if you get sniped in the face by a sniper at that point, well either you shouldn't have been standing still or you congratulate their great shot hitting you on the move.

4. Meta guns are ruining the game. I can count on 1 hand the number of custom dragunovs, Scars, MG34, AK47, Oden, Bizen, Striker, P90, Any shotgun, AUG, M9, ERB, SKS, MK2. You get the point by now. "Their strengths are not good in warzone" okay, then buff their weaknesses/ Nerf meta guns. The only gun in that last I can say would not be viable in WZ would be the MK2 but nobody wants to hop off their M4, M13, Grau, MP5, sniper classes.

The problem is the lack of recoil for most of the weapons. Most of the A/Rs need a huge recoil nerf - why should anyone use a DMR that has semi-auto ROF and recoil when they can just full-auto beam an A/R from the same distance. The same argument applies to the AK, Oden, etc - why even deal with the high recoil A/Rs when there isn't a benefit to using them over the recoil-less A/Rs like the Grau. The weapons are completely unbalanced in general and the #1 fix would be to add some massive recoil to a lot of the weapons, and force players to burst or semi-auto instead of laser-beaming people. I would also add another damage dropoff at long range for the A/Rs. This would also mean effective TTKs slow way way down because nobody is full-autoing at long-range anymore, so those ~17 hits come much slower. It would give DMRs a reason to exist again. SMGs would get the same nerf - recoil doesn't matter in CQC where you can aim at their belt and the recoil will just walk up their torso. But it should be next to impossible to fire an SMG full-auto outside that CQC range.

Stop using the damage/ROF TTK as the only way to balance a weapon. Slow down the effective TTK by making players burst/semi-auto at range.\

3. This part has never made sense to me. You're coming back from the Gulag with nothing but a pistol while everyone else has Loadouts and HB Sensors and UAVs - why do they also need an audio alert that you're sneaking up on them from the sky? Do they not have enough of an advantage already that they also need an advanced warning of you spawning in the area? I imagine it's because too many crybabies would whine when they lost all their stuff because of someone "respawning".

My idea for the Gulag has been...

Every time you down someone and are able to reach their body before they're revived you have the choice to finish them off or "capture" them. Killing them would permanently end their game, no questions asked - no Gulag, no Buybacks, nothing. But you "get" nothing for killing them. However you could choose to "capture" them instead, and then the Gulag would pay you a small bounty to buy your prisoner to use in their fight club games. Players could go to the Gulag multiple times if they keep getting captured after winning each Gulag. However eventually even these numbers would dwindle as 2 go in but only 1 comes out, and players will quit capturing players once they get to the mid/late-game.

So you could decide depending on whether it's early or late-game whether to kill or capture your downed players. Do you want some cash for a capture because it's early game so you can get a loadout? Is it mid-game and you already have loadouts but maybe want some cash for UAVs so you still capture them. Or maybe you're set already and just want to eliminate a team from the game permanently. It adds a risk/reward element while also adding a realistic reason for the Gulag to exist while eliminating the stupid feature of "buying back" dead teammates from the grave.
thats way too much. My solution was you land back down with the weapon you used to win the gulag. That was a better Idea when it was ARs and SMGs but dropping down with a markman rifle would be broken, especially kar98 and hdr

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
thats way too much. My solution was you land back down with the weapon you used to win the gulag. That was a better Idea when it was ARs and SMGs but dropping down with a markman rifle would be broken, especially kar98 and hdr

Mine wasn't really a "solution" to the landing from the Gulag - I fully agree they should remove the audio alert and yea landing with the weapon you used in the Gulag would make sense as well.

My "idea" was a way to eliminate the "Buybacks" and once players are dead they're dead. The only way to come back is to be "captured" and sent to the Gulag and win, which you could do more than once if you get captured more than once. Teams are rewarded financially ($3-5k or something) for sending a player to the Gulag instead of killing them.

Disagree about snipers not being 1-hit kills - they need to actually be rewarding skill in this game. What they should be doing is adding more bullet drop to all the snipers - stop having these laser-beam HDRs making it so easy to headshot people from 300m away. All snipers should have considerable bullet drop making those ranged shots much more difficult, but that much more rewarding if you do land one. And if you get sniped in the face by a sniper at that point, well either you shouldn't have been standing still or you congratulate their great shot hitting you on the move.

The problem is the lack of recoil for most of the weapons. Most of the A/Rs need a huge recoil nerf - why should anyone use a DMR that has semi-auto ROF and recoil when they can just full-auto beam an A/R from the same distance. The same argument applies to the AK, Oden, etc - why even deal with the high recoil A/Rs when there isn't a benefit to using them over the recoil-less A/Rs like the Grau. The weapons are completely unbalanced in general and the #1 fix would be to add some massive recoil to a lot of the weapons, and force players to burst or semi-auto instead of laser-beaming people. I would also add another damage dropoff at long range for the A/Rs. This would also mean effective TTKs slow way way down because nobody is full-autoing at long-range anymore, so those ~17 hits come much slower. It would give DMRs a reason to exist again. SMGs would get the same nerf - recoil doesn't matter in CQC where you can aim at their belt and the recoil will just walk up their torso. But it should be next to impossible to fire an SMG full-auto outside that CQC range.

Stop using the damage/ROF TTK as the only way to balance a weapon. Slow down the effective TTK by making players burst/semi-auto at range.\
Adding more bullet drop barely would fix the problem. Its the 100 or less meters shots that piss me off. No bullet travel, no drop, etc. Standing still to itch for half a second? Dead. Peek out a window? Someone across the road one shot kills you, no chance to fight back. even with self res he can run over with his MP5 and kill you before the animation gets done, nonetheless you revive with literally 1/4 hp, one bullet from any gun kills you. "ThE FlaRes MakE TheM BalaCeD" yes and no, just because I see a flare across the map does not mean I should have to bob and weave to avoid getting 1 tapped out of the game and panic for my life. I should be rewarded for playing aggressive and not window camping all game. See the memes about the guy winning the game with 2 kills and about the 2nd place guy with 10+? Yes its BS

I think recoil is the issue, its the well-roundedness of the guns. M4 does not need a secondary so you can snipe and use an M4. Grau is basically an all-in-one gun as well. It the higher damage-higher recoil guns (high risk high reward) that do not produce enough reward. Oden is so op in MP because it can 2 tap at chest shots, add in armor and it takes 5ish shots and by the time you are at the 3rd or 4th shot they are sliding, jumping, proning, etc. Same situation with a M4 is that it takes about 6 and with no recoil, even if they prone you can track them easy. My solution would be to buff the non-existent weapons and not even in the recoil section but the shots to kill. I use the PKM religiously and even with some kick it is well rounded. Paired with a shotgun/SMG i feel comfortable at all ranges but still lose to M4s and Graus because its so easy to stay on target with those guns. Nerf the iron sights on the M4 and grau to make them thicker to make them lose 1 recoil-reducing slot would be another fix.

Mine wasn't really a "solution" to the landing from the Gulag - I fully agree they should remove the audio alert and yea landing with the weapon you used in the Gulag would make sense as well.

My "idea" was a way to eliminate the "Buybacks" and once players are dead they're dead. The only way to come back is to be "captured" and sent to the Gulag and win, which you could do more than once if you get captured more than once. Teams are rewarded financially ($3-5k or something) for sending a player to the Gulag instead of killing them.
Bring in an Apex mechanic. If you fetch your teammates "dog tag" then its a free revive. If not, then 4500. This would reward players for sticking together instead of spreading out and fking their team over.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
Adding more bullet drop barely would fix the problem. Its the 100 or less meters shots that piss me off. No bullet travel, no drop, etc. Standing still to itch for half a second? Dead. Peek out a window? Someone across the road one shot kills you, no chance to fight back. even with self res he can run over with his MP5 and kill you before the animation gets done, nonetheless you revive with literally 1/4 hp, one bullet from any gun kills you. "ThE FlaRes MakE TheM BalaCeD" yes and no, just because I see a flare across the map does not mean I should have to bob and weave to avoid getting 1 tapped out of the game and panic for my life. I should be rewarded for playing aggressive and not window camping all game. See the memes about the guy winning the game with 2 kills and about the 2nd place guy with 10+? Yes its BS

I think recoil is the issue, its the well-roundedness of the guns. M4 does not need a secondary so you can snipe and use an M4. Grau is basically an all-in-one gun as well. It the higher damage-higher recoil guns (high risk high reward) that do not produce enough reward. Oden is so op in MP because it can 2 tap at chest shots, add in armor and it takes 5ish shots and by the time you are at the 3rd or 4th shot they are sliding, jumping, proning, etc. Same situation with a M4 is that it takes about 6 and with no recoil, even if they prone you can track them easy. My solution would be to buff the non-existent weapons and not even in the recoil section but the shots to kill. I use the PKM religiously and even with some kick it is well rounded. Paired with a shotgun/SMG i feel comfortable at all ranges but still lose to M4s and Graus because its so easy to stay on target with those guns. Nerf the iron sights on the M4 and grau to make them thicker to make them lose 1 recoil-reducing slot would be another fix.

I think it's simply easier to nerf the 5.56 and 9mm recoil across the board. Because I 100% agree there isn't enough "reward" with the 7.62 A/Rs/DMRs to counter the massive recoil penalty they have. Having no recoil is the best attribute a gun can have, because no matter how long you fiddle with the damage or range dropoffs, the difference in 14 HTK and 20 HTK is barely noticeable because they're already lasering you anyway so what difference does 2-3-6 extra hits make.

I think it's simply easier to nerf the 5.56 and 9mm recoil across the board. Because I 100% agree there isn't enough "reward" with the 7.62 A/Rs/DMRs to counter the massive recoil penalty they have. Having no recoil is the best attribute a gun can have, because no matter how long you fiddle with the damage or range dropoffs, the difference in 14 HTK and 20 HTK is barely noticeable because they're already lasering you anyway so what difference does 2-3-6 extra hits make.
They would only have to nerf it in warzone. In MP excluding GW the maps are so medium and small size that even the oden can land 2 shots with no problem. They would literally have to do some crazy work in the files to make it happen. MP any gun can look "op" because every gun is at most a 4 shot kill. They fucked up by nerfing shotguns the first month of warzone. I firmly believe if I point blank shoot someone with a buckshot 12 gauge, their guts would be on the wall. Armor would not mean shit. If anything, buffing shotguns would nerf the mp5 and MP7 because they would not have time to react by rushing so hard knowing their gun is superior to any gun at that close. The only 2 real shotgun options now are the R9 and Origin after that nerf and even then a slightly missed shot on the shotgun can lead to death by MP5 before you can get the next one-off. Buffing shotguns would change the MP5 meta IMO thus changing the M4/Grau/Sniper with MP5/7 secondary Meta.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
They would only have to nerf it in warzone. In MP excluding GW the maps are so medium and small size that even the oden can land 2 shots with no problem. They would literally have to do some crazy work in the files to make it happen. MP any gun can look "op" because every gun is at most a 4 shot kill. They fucked up by nerfing shotguns the first month of warzone. I firmly believe if I point blank shoot someone with a buckshot 12 gauge, their guts would be on the wall. Armor would not mean shit. If anything, buffing shotguns would nerf the mp5 and MP7 because they would not have time to react by rushing so hard knowing their gun is superior to any gun at that close. The only 2 real shotgun options now are the R9 and Origin after that nerf and even then a slightly missed shot on the shotgun can lead to death by MP5 before you can get the next one-off. Buffing shotguns would change the MP5 meta IMO thus changing the M4/Grau/Sniper with MP5/7 secondary Meta.

Yea I should preface everything I've said by saying I'm purely a WZ player - I only play MP to rank up guns for use in WZ. I came from Pubg and Apex and WZ is definitely my thing rather than the "ADD" style play MP seems to be filled with. But I understand some people prefer that and that's fine too.

I fully agree with you on shotguns - they all should absolutely be 1 HTK from absolute CQC range. And yes, knowing a guy with a shotgun could end you with 1 trigger-pull might slow down some of the rampant SMG rushing.

I just think I should not have to fear someone with an MP5/7 as someone who uses the R9 when they enter my building. Which brings me to point 5, nerf fucking C4s and RPGs got damn. 1 C4 max and 2 Rockets max. Even with EoD 1 C4 does 2 and a half armor plates and the second one takes me down to half hp. I day C4 is used by 90% of the players and about 5% use claymore/proxy and th rest the other lethals. Theres an issue here
Activision has us by the balls. Coincidence they release a $10 tracer pack for the Grau when it was at its peak of being OP/OU(overused). Then right after a nerf release an M4 tracer pack knowing the nerf would bring out the M4 usage? Yikes. Honestly surprised there's no MP5 tracer pack. Cannot blame them though, they just trying to get rich. No love for the UU guns like the Bizen or MG34.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
I just think I should not have to fear someone with an MP5/7 as someone who uses the R9 when they enter my building. Which brings me to point 5, nerf fucking C4s and RPGs got damn. 1 C4 max and 2 Rockets max. Even with EoD 1 C4 does 2 and a half armor plates and the second one takes me down to half hp. I day C4 is used by 90% of the players and about 5% use claymore/proxy and th rest the other lethals. Theres an issue here
Activision has us by the balls. Coincidence they release a $10 tracer pack for the Grau when it was at its peak of being OP/OU(overused). Then right after a nerf release an M4 tracer pack knowing the nerf would bring out the M4 usage? Yikes. Honestly surprised there's no MP5 tracer pack. Cannot blame them though, they just trying to get rich. No love for the UU guns like the Bizen or MG34.

Agree 100% with all of this, including the tracer park marketing. Are they ever planning to add damage for jumping out of moving vehicles or will that forever remain on the list of most unrealistic FPS strats in history.

Agree 100% with all of this, including the tracer park marketing. Are they ever planning to add damage for jumping out of moving vehicles or will that forever remain on the list of most unrealistic FPS strats in history.
Adding some damage maybe, but an animation makes sense like opening the door. I should not have a team drive by and a dude behind me because he just "popped" out

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
Also the current version of the Gulag is literal absolute shit. Basically everything turns into melee only. What kind of idiot thought using snipers with 8x scopes was a good idea. At least take the scopes off.

Status
Not open for further replies.