• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

This game has some of the WORST audio I have ever dealt with

I am not talking about audio QUALITY
I am not talking about the weapon sounds and things like that
I am talking about sound localization
Where the sound comes from, and when it does and doesn't show up

I play Tarkov, which has INFAMOUS audio issues
And even that is NOWHERE near as bad as this game, SPECIFICALLY warzone right now

I can CONFIDENTLY say that the game's audio CONSISTENTLY doesn't work
Example: Teammate goes down, I start reviving behind cover, and then suddenly im being punched to death because the guy sprinted up making NO NOISE
Was on top of a roof, chilling, NOTHING going on, when suddenly im shot in the back, point blank: dude had sprinted up the building, climbed the ladder, all with ZERO noise
Both these examples were VERY early in the match

It happens FAR too often to be excused away with Dead Silence
Hell, ill sometimes even see GUNS making zero noise, despite being RIGHT next to them

To me, audio not working is UNACCEPTABLE
Players have 2 senses to rely on: Sight and Hearing
If one of those senses just doesn't work, a player is immediately HEAVILY handicapped

Also
In regards to Dead Silence
We REALLY need to rethink that ability
NOTHING should completely negate the 2 previous senses mentioned.
Dead Silence, as it is now, in my eyes is the EXACT SAME as if there was an ability to become entirely invisible (denying Sight)
That would be pretty broken, yes?
So is Dead Silence
Completely denying a player one of the two senses he has is NOT good game design

Should it REDUCE noise?
Sure
But 100% quiet on SPRINT?
Hell no

I am not talking about audio QUALITY
I am not talking about the weapon sounds and things like that
I am talking about sound localization
Where the sound comes from, and when it does and doesn't show up

I play Tarkov, which has INFAMOUS audio issues
And even that is NOWHERE near as bad as this game, SPECIFICALLY warzone right now

I can CONFIDENTLY say that the game's audio CONSISTENTLY doesn't work
Example: Teammate goes down, I start reviving behind cover, and then suddenly im being punched to death because the guy sprinted up making NO NOISE
Was on top of a roof, chilling, NOTHING going on, when suddenly im shot in the back, point blank: dude had sprinted up the building, climbed the ladder, all with ZERO noise
Both these examples were VERY early in the match

It happens FAR too often to be excused away with Dead Silence
Hell, ill sometimes even see GUNS making zero noise, despite being RIGHT next to them

To me, audio not working is UNACCEPTABLE
Players have 2 senses to rely on: Sight and Hearing
If one of those senses just doesn't work, a player is immediately HEAVILY handicapped

Also
In regards to Dead Silence
We REALLY need to rethink that ability
NOTHING should completely negate the 2 previous senses mentioned.
Dead Silence, as it is now, in my eyes is the EXACT SAME as if there was an ability to become entirely invisible (denying Sight)
That would be pretty broken, yes?
So is Dead Silence
Completely denying a player one of the two senses he has is NOT good game design

Should it REDUCE noise?
Sure
But 100% quiet on SPRINT?
Hell no
I honestly don't think Dead Silence is that bad.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements