• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

This is what I have been talking about

Angels of Death

DizzyDemon

Recruit
Yeah, I have seen this sort of thing before, I think they used to sell them in Game (a UK version of gamestop).

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I've heard of these controller mods. It was big during PS3/Xbox 360 days, and it's now on PS4/Xbox One. Although, I would say that in the PS3/Xbox 360 days, these mods were not as obvious as it is now with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. For those of you curious what this really does to your gameplay, look no further than GGReloaded's video, where he makes fun of those who use it...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IlwmGlwlUo

I never understood the point of that device. Atleast not for COD. Most of the guns have damn near zero recoil to begin with compared to other games.

I still dont see how this is in anyway comparable to the pc hackers.

Wall hacks, aim bots and radar hacks and so on VS a device that is basically just pulling or pushing your right analog up/down to compensate for recoil.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
I never understood the point of that device. Atleast not for COD. Most of the guns have damn near zero recoil to begin with compared to other games.
I think many would disagree with this statement, I have only just started to work through gun mastery and I am not finding it as easy as your post suggests to learn to control recoil.

You might have already achieved that control and mastered your favourite loadouts so that recoil is no longer an issue. If that's the case then you have most likely mastered that control and do it subconsciously through muscle memory without noticing the recoil as you no longer have to think about it.

I'm hoping that by completing the mastery challenges I'll also get to that level, or at least close to it, and I'm seeing definite improvements in my game by working through these challenges. I'm also loving winning gunfights that I used to to lose at, like those moments when someone shoots at me from behind and I'm able to turn and take them out, when before I would just be an easy kill.

The video clearly shows the difference between running a controller with and without activation of the device, it's hard to dispute the presence of recoil when the evidence in the video so clearly shows shots spreading due to the affects of recoil.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I think many would disagree with this statement, I have only just started to work through gun mastery and I am not finding it as easy as your post suggests to learn to control recoil.

You might have already achieved that control and mastered your favourite loadouts so that recoil is no longer an issue. If that's the case then you have most likely mastered that control and do it subconsciously through muscle memory without noticing the recoil as you no longer have to think about it.

I'm hoping that by completing the mastery challenges I'll also get to that level, or at least close to it, and I'm seeing definite improvements in my game by working through these challenges. I'm also loving winning gunfights that I used to to lose at, like those moments when someone shoots at me from behind and I'm able to turn and take them out, when before I would just be an easy kill.

The video clearly shows the difference between running a controller with and without activation of the device, it's hard to dispute the presence of recoil when the evidence in the video so clearly shows shots spreading due to the affects of recoil.

Im just used to games with a lot more recoil.

If you're having trouble with the recoil try tapping fire instead of holding it (The "bumperjumper tactical flipped" button layout is pretty good this method)

I do agree that the cronus thing is cheating by the way, I just find it a bit ridiculous to claim that it is worse than actual hacks like the wallhacks, aimbots and so on that you see on pc like OP stated.

I really wouldn't be to bothered if I found out someone on the enemy team was using a cronus, but I sure as shit leave a match as soon as a saw any idication of a wallhack or aimbot.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
If you're having trouble with the recoil try tapping fire instead of holding it (The "bumperjumper tactical flipped" button layout is pretty good this method)
It's not an option that I get on PC, my issue is I try to control it, but when I get into the thick of it my mind can't seem to process everything AND remember to use aim, burst, aim, burst until someone dies (usually me, but increasingly not).

I do agree that the cronus thing is cheating by the way, I just find it a bit ridiculous to claim that it is worse than actual hacks like the wallhacks, aimbots and so on that you see on pc like OP stated.
I see cheating as cheating, and don't feel the need for their to be degrees of separation between different levels of cheating scumbags, anyone that has to use them to play is just trash in my mind.

I really wouldn't be to bothered if I found out someone on the enemy team was using a cronus, but I sure as shit leave a match as soon as a saw any idication of a wallhack or aimbot.
Well I guess they still need to have the skill to get a bead on you before that can take a shot. If you dodge out of their stream of bullets, turn and shoot you can still beat them. But someone with an aimbot and wall hack can shoot you from another building with no clear line of sight for you to use to retaliate, assuming you're not dead after that first shot.

It's not an option that I get on PC, my issue is I try to control it, but when I get into the thick of it my mind can't seem to process everything AND remember to use aim, burst, aim, burst until someone dies (usually me, but increasingly not).

I see cheating as cheating, and don't feel the need for their to be degrees of separation between different levels of cheating scumbags, anyone that has to use them to play is just trash in my mind.

Well I guess they still need to have the skill to get a bead on you before that can take a shot. If you dodge out of their stream of bullets, turn and shoot you can still beat them. But someone with an aimbot and wall hack can shoot you from another building with no clear line of sight for you to use to retaliate, assuming you're not dead after that first shot.

ahh ok you're on Pc though you were on console.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G What happened to the tanks and helicopters? been about 5 days playing without them it kinda sucks. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
DizzyDemon Something has been bugging me about CoD characters. General Call of Duty 2
T Has Aim Assist Been Tweaked Downward?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 5
J hello, i have been banned and i dont know why.. is any posible to see why???? thx joutes@seznam.cz Call of Duty: WarZone 6
B PSN Been Gaming For 20 Years LFG Clan Recruitment 2
A [MW2] [BO1] [PS3] All of my ranks on old COD games have been reset!! Help!! General Call of Duty 1
C Why can't I play after 50% has been downloaded Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
T Issues That Haven't Been Addressed General Call of Duty 0
CODForums CarlosX360 has been playing Black Ops since the beginning Call of Duty Media 0
C One thing that has always been missing in CoD and I think would be cool if it was inc General Call of Duty 2
T Half-Life 2 Episode Three/Half-Life 3-Might Have Been This Video Games 0
B PSN I Need A Clan Been Looking For Days!!! Clan Recruitment 4
T Multi What could have been done to improve the game? General Call of Duty 4
WhoIsDo The Bal-27 has been nerfed a TON General Call of Duty 8
dinomarino1 What has been killing the COD series over the past few years? General Call of Duty 19
F Xbox Live I have been banned? General Call of Duty 0
aledpj 79 - 6 + Overlaping Lodestar (would have been 3 lodestars) Call of Duty Media 0
D map pack info and how we have been trolled again Call of Duty Media 0
R Multi Welcome to DoA.....We have been expecting you Clan Chat 4
Carlos Zombie Rezurrection has been taken over by Zombie Authority General Call of Duty 0
C TRASH TALKING FOR NO REASON! (KIDS GET MAD!) Call of Duty Media 0