1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: WWII, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

This or MW2? Which do you like more?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3' started by gh0st233, Nov 10, 2014.

Sponsored
  1. gh0st233

gh0st233 Recruit

Do you like Modern Warfare 2 or 3 more? I liked Modern Warfare 2 a lot more, when it came out. Modern Warfare 3 feels too copy-pasted, too mediocre. There is nothing new in the game, except for a few new guns and the new story-line, but in terms of multi-player, almost nothing significant has changed. It feels a lot worse than MW2, to me. A lot more imbalanced. It just doesn't feel like a good game that could compete with other games of this genre.

2. Glen_Imported3

Glen_Imported3 Recruit

I feel the same way. Modern Warfare 3 feels like that it just took the same ingredients used to make MW2, stirred them up, and put it together and sold it as MW3. Unlike many other Call of Duty's, MW3 just doesn't feel innovative or different. It's the same recipe as MW2 in my opinion.
    (Excuse all my cooking-related phrases)

3. gh0st233

gh0st233 Recruit

Well, I don't know. Modern Warfare 3 just feels a lot worse for me. Playing it left no positive impact on me, or a negative one. The only negative impact it left on me was that I thought it's boring. It's possible that, it's the same thing as MW2, but since MW2 was actually "kind of" original, back when it came out, I guess that has worn out, and MW3 feels so bad because of that. However, I don't like the game and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I didn't play the campaign, however, that could be the only reason to play it.

4. AmazonXD

AmazonXD Recruit

I definitely preferred MW2 over MW3, but I did have a pretty fun time with MW3's campaign mode. I was getting tired of Call of Duty around MW3 though, so that could've been a factor. I played MW1 and MW2 religiously, every day. MW3 just missed that part of my gaming life.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Recruit

I also prefer MW2 as well to be honest as I think MW3, while it is enjoyable, it just doesn't have the same lasting impact for me, and I can play MW2 for hours on end, with MW3 there just isn't that same appeal for some reason.

6. harpazo22

harpazo22 Recruit

2 was better in my opinion as well. They didn't upgrade too much on 3, not enough change.

7. GlacialDoom_Imported3

I liked Modern Warfare 2 way more, but mostly because of the nostalgia. When I was playing Modern Warfare 2, I had a lot of friends online to play it with. By the time Modern Warfare 3 launched, they mostly jumped ship from Call of Duty, or they just lost interest. I guess I'm one of the few who still buys new Call of Duty games on PC. Also, I enjoyed Modern Warfare 2's campaign, while Modern Warfare 3's was a bit too over the top for me.

8. jesolis

jesolis Recruit

Hello everyone, I am Jorge. I have both call of duty modern warfare 2 and call of duty modern warfare three. I definitely like the special ops in CODMW2 way better than the survival waves in CODMW3. What do you guys think?