• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Thoughts on Black Ops Cold War

Wiseowl

Recruit
The graphics and colours are amazing! Maps amazing. I find Miami for me is the hardest map. I also find that l don’t mind playing hardpoint, it some how feels different to MW! In MW l find it a bit boring.

JusZenTFN

Staff member
I wasn't a huge fan but the alpha definitely has me intrigued. I'll check out the beta & possibly get the game - or actually get the game because if I'm honest with myself I always buy the new CoD.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Quick thoughts about the alpha...

- Frag/C4/Grenade-style equipment throws are slow. Like fuck... slow. Both animation, and the actual execution. I go like "oh, c'mon. I fucking threw the bomb!" many times because of the delay.
- I like the faster movement, but it feels heavy. I don't know what it is about it, it feels clunky. Like the character is struggling to move...?
- I like some of the weapons, and I like how customizable they are. But hit detection is stupid. Half of the time, you're not hitting the target. I swear, I see the bullet arrive at the person, but it goes through the person without making a hitmarker... WTF? It's worse than Modern Warfare.
- I love the little details in the game. Like the rumble feature - it rumbles when a helicopter killstreak is active. I'm thinking this is a test for PS5's 3D Haptics. Another little detail I liked is the pool area in Miami. Makes me wonder what other small details is going to come launch day. Keep going, Treyarch, I love these details. :)

Wiseowl

Recruit
Quick thoughts about the alpha...

- Frag/C4/Grenade-style equipment throws are slow. Like fuck... slow. Both animation, and the actual execution. I go like "oh, c'mon. I fucking threw the bomb!" many times because of the delay.
- I like the faster movement, but it feels heavy. I don't know what it is about it, it feels clunky. Like the character is struggling to move...?
- I like some of the weapons, and I like how customizable they are. But hit detection is stupid. Half of the time, you're not hitting the target. I swear, I see the bullet arrive at the person, but it goes through the person without making a hitmarker... WTF? It's worse than Modern Warfare.
- I love the little details in the game. Like the rumble feature - it rumbles when a helicopter killstreak is active. I'm thinking this is a test for PS5's 3D Haptics. Another little detail I liked is the pool area in Miami. Makes me wonder what other small details is going to come launch day. Keep going, Treyarch, I love these details. :)
I have noticed some of the things you mentioned. I only threw a few grenades but it felt pretty quick to me. They are a little slow to detonate but if you hold for it for a bit then nothing to worry about. I also thought they were easier to control the throw!

l think with the bullets going through enemy without hit marker, most of the time it depends on the attachments you use for each gun. Once you change them and put the right ones on you will see a big difference. I personally don’t think it’s worse then MW.

JusZenTFN

Staff member
I do agree that this game feels a lot more "tanky" than previous CoD games. Almost a BF type feel.

Wiseowl

Recruit
I do agree that this game feels a lot more "tanky" than previous CoD games. Almost a BF type feel.
I can’t comment on other COD games as l usually only do campaign. I’ve just compared to MW and to me feels better especially throwing grenades. Not sure what BF is either in the terms of what you’re speaking?

JusZenTFN

Staff member
BF = Battlefield. I'm not sure if you've ever played that game but it goes for a more "realistic" feel which means your soldier feels heavier & has clunkier movement in general.

Wiseowl

Recruit
BF = Battlefield. I'm not sure if you've ever played that game but it goes for a more "realistic" feel which means your soldier feels heavier & has clunkier movement in general.
Thanks for explaining, no l don’t think l have played Battlefield before! This heavy movement thing you talk about l hope l won’t notice if l play again, l probably will now it’s been mentioned but l hope not.

Anyway it seems like a lot of games have negative bits but overall just from those days of play l am impressed. I was also very disappointed when it said l had until 10am the next day but it finished half 6 the night before.

The top thing l hated about the game was that enemies can still jump really high above you. It made me laugh tho when l watched the kill cam, my gun was shooting in a circle up in the air, completely missing target!

JusZenTFN

Staff member
Yeah, I said I still enjoyed the game. I know that was an alpha & I'll be checking the beta out for sure. I'll likely be buying the full game as well because I do enjoy Black Ops campaigns. I'll be waiting for the P5 version though.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Thanks for explaining, no l don’t think l have played Battlefield before! This heavy movement thing you talk about l hope l won’t notice if l play again, l probably will now it’s been mentioned but l hope not.

Anyway it seems like a lot of games have negative bits but overall just from those days of play l am impressed. I was also very disappointed when it said l had until 10am the next day but it finished half 6 the night before.

The top thing l hated about the game was that enemies can still jump really high above you. It made me laugh tho when l watched the kill cam, my gun was shooting in a circle up in the air, completely missing target!
The thing is, Modern Warfare's Alpha had me excited for the game, but with Cold War, I can't stand the clunky player movement... Like what the fuck were they thinking...? If I wanted Battlefield, I would get it, I wanted CALL OF DUTY. I do like the large scale battles, like the Armada map. I like the swimming, it gives the gameplay some kind of variety.

I tolerate Modern Warfare's "movement" because it's still basically Modern Warfare, just... a bit slower than the regular Call of Duty. But Black Ops Cold War's tanky feel is not going to cut it for me. I mean, I like what I've seen of the maps, the guns, the gameplay, my issue is the controls.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Carlos What are your thoughts after playing the Black Ops 4 Beta? General Call of Duty 3
M Thoughts on the Black Ops 4 storyline? General Call of Duty 1
InfamousSlayer Black Ops 2 - NEW "CYBORG CAMO" In Action! And My Thoughts Call of Duty Media 0
charliebandey Black Ops 2... Thoughts? General Call of Duty 7
N My thoughts on Cold War Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 1
T My Thoughts On IW and Cheating... Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
S Battlefield player thoughts Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
M Thoughts on Warzone Balance Call of Duty: WarZone 1
Empire Whats everyone's thoughts on Back Ops 4 General Call of Duty 2
C What are your thoughts on reloading while sprinting? General Call of Duty 1
JusZenTFN Operation Intercept: Your Thoughts General Call of Duty 0
VoiDProjects My thoughts on the Logan Paul Situation The Lounge 2
T Battlefield and Medal of Honor rankings and thoughts Video Games 1
VoiDProjects My thoughts on VR (Virtual Reality) Video Games 1
VoiDProjects What are your thoughts on the next Halo Video Games 0
VoiDProjects What are your thoughts on COD WWII General Call of Duty 4
T Fair Use, Copyright, and My Thoughts The Lounge 2
T Ready Player One-Trailer And Thoughts The Lounge 0
T Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus-Thoughts? Video Games 1
BecauseWhyNot First Thoughts on WW2, good or bad....? Call of Duty Media 0
Tthizzle88 BO3 Trailer and Gameplay: First Thoughts and Concerns (AW gameplay) Call of Duty Media 0
TeamNiceDynamite Thoughts on the Campaign? General Call of Duty 17
N Michael Myers, your thoughts. General Call of Duty 2
GoldenWrapper Thoughts on the DLC? General Call of Duty 7
Rebornfury After finally creating some YouTube content, we would very much appreciate your thoughts! Call of Duty Media 0
H4D3N Might stop prestiging... Thoughts? General Call of Duty 10
L Girls thoughts on Modern Warfare 3 Call of Duty Media 1
zMrLegacyz The LW3 TUNDRA is AMAZING, and it gave me HOPE for CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS COLD WAR'S MULTIPLAYER Call of Duty Media 1
CODForums First look at Black Ops Cold War Fireteam: Dirty Bomb Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
zMrLegacyz CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS COLD WAR BETA GAMEPLAY, This actually brought some ENJOYMENT to my life Call of Duty Media 0
Haven Black Ops: Cold War - Highlights and Take-aways! Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 2
zMrLegacyz ZOMBIES IS BACK AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!!! (REACTING TO THE BLACK OPS COLD WAR ZOMBIES TRAILER) Call of Duty Media 0
CODForums Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Beta Trailer Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
CODForums Black Ops Cold War Zombies Reveal Trailer Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Videos and Movies 0
CODForums Black Ops Cold War Intro Cinematic Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
gigo777 Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War - shipment Reveal Trailer Call of Duty Media 2
Carlos First Look at Black Ops Cold War Zombies Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 2
F All the changes You have to know in black ops Cold War Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Videos and Movies 0
zMrLegacyz The SNIPING in the CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS COLD WAR ALPHA was PERFECT Call of Duty Media 0
Carlos CarlosX360's 8th Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Open Alpha Gameplay Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Videos and Movies 2
Carlos CarlosX360's 7th Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Open Alpha Gameplay Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Videos and Movies 2
Carlos CarlosX360's 6th Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Open Alpha Gameplay Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Videos and Movies 2
Carlos CarlosX360's 5th Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Open Alpha Gameplay Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Videos and Movies 1
Carlos CarlosX360's 4th Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Open Alpha Gameplay Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Videos and Movies 1
Carlos CarlosX360's 3rd Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Open Alpha Gameplay Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Videos and Movies 1
Carlos CarlosX360's 2nd Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Open Alpha Gameplay Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Videos and Movies 5
Carlos CarlosX360's 1st Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Open Alpha Gameplay Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Videos and Movies 2
Wiseowl Black ops Cold War warzone? Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 12
Wiseowl Download Black Ops Cold War now! Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 8
T any similar games to play while waiting for black ops cold war General Call of Duty 0