• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Vanguard wont launch

Tuna

Recruit
Vanguard won't launch, tried everything I seen online nothing works, warzone works fine someone pleeeease help

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Welcome to CoDForums @Tuna
I'm not sure what to suggest to you as you haven't said if you're playing console or PC.

If it's PC and you're able to play Warzone then you should have the right specs to play Vanguard, if it's console then maybe someone else will have an answer that would help.

What have you tried so far? If you don't tell us then all we will do is suggest fixes that didn't work for you.

Are you getting any error messages or error codes?

The more information you can give us the easier it becomes for us to help you fix it.

Tuna

Recruit
Welcome to CoDForums @Tuna
I'm not sure what to suggest to you as you haven't said if you're playing console or PC.

If it's PC and you're able to play Warzone then you should have the right specs to play Vanguard, if it's console then maybe someone else will have an answer that would help.

What have you tried so far? If you don't tell us then all we will do is suggest fixes that didn't work for you.

Are you getting any error messages or error codes?

The more information you can give us the easier it becomes for us to help you fix it.
Thanks for replying, on PC, no error codes, I tried reinstalling, ran scan and repair, put it in different folder, Ran as administrator, set compatibility for windows 8 (I have windows 10) sure there's other thing I tried, just can't remember the rest. Just won't launch, I click play, it says launching then playing but nothing happens and it goes pack to play button.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
are you playing cold war or warzone then going to vanguard i had an issue with same thing happening and found for whatever reason the game i was playing didnt stop so i was not able to launch another so i have to make sure any existing game is not still running. its weird strange i dont understand it but i havn,t had the issue for awhile and i think vanguard just had an update.

Tuna

Recruit
I have tried to go from warzone to vanguard but I have also restarted my pc and went straight to vanguard and it still doesn't work

KeyboardDemon

When applications shut down unexpectedly Windows keeps a log in the Event Viewer, if you run Vanguard and search your Event Viewer immediately after it shuts down you should find an error code that will help with debugging your installation.

Check out this link to see if it helps you with this process.

Beso

Recruit
Vanguard won't launch, tried everything I seen online nothing works, warzone works fine someone pleeeease help
Good luck with the Support team, they never respond and they don't care, I have a case open for 4 months now

Tuna

Recruit
alright so i ran the event viewer got this form it for the issue

BEX64
Not available
Vanguard.exe
623e207e
ntdll.dll
1be73aa8
00000000000923df
c0000409
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4464.tmp.dmp \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER461A.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER465A.tmp.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4658.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER46C6.tmp.txt
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Vanguard.exe_aa6630d61d36e18b3c5cd91ed3e6ba8b8a35cec1_dd96406d_19ea055d-1420-4d64-a269-eccdece0a708
c181d371-8975-48fa-bcfd-63468434eef2
524675c280a7f0399c0a36b89469c22a

KeyboardDemon

Cool, the part that shows:
Is the part the looks like a Windows Error code, the part with all the file locations and file names are listing which files are likely to be related to or affected by the error, and the other stuff is stuff that's quite a bit over my head now, but hopefully we have enough to get on with here.

So, I googled the code, it is classed as an exception error and might be an indication that you have a corrupt system file, or your installation of Vanguard was somehow corrupted during or after installation.

If you haven't already tried to Scan and Repair your installation, you can try it now by following this link.

You could also try to root out and fix your Windows installation by following this guide, I would start by the part on using System File Checker, which is quite conveniently part 1 of the guide, click here to try it.

It doesn't matter what order you do these in, though I would start by trying Scan and Repair which is why I listed that option first, but if you've already tried that then go to the next link first, though it wouldn't hurt to repeat the Scan and Repair, it's a lot faster than a complete uninstall and reinstall.

Cool, the part that shows:

Is the part the looks like a Windows Error code, the part with all the file locations and file names are listing which files are likely to be related to or affected by the error, and the other stuff is stuff that's quite a bit over my head now, but hopefully we have enough to get on with here.

So, I googled the code, it is classed as an exception error and might be an indication that you have a corrupt system file, or your installation of Vanguard was somehow corrupted during or after installation.

If you haven't already tried to Scan and Repair your installation, you can try it now by following this link.

You could also try to root out and fix your Windows installation by following this guide, I would start by the part on using System File Checker, which is quite conveniently part 1 of the guide, click here to try it.

It doesn't matter what order you do these in, though I would start by trying Scan and Repair which is why I listed that option first, but if you've already tried that then go to the next link first, though it wouldn't hurt to repeat the Scan and Repair, it's a lot faster than a complete uninstall and reinstall.
Hello, I have the same problem with the same error code in Event Viewer 'c0000409'. I tried all your fixes apart from System Restore because it will delete my game. Though I have already uninstalled and installed again, and then I came across your solutions. Any more help?

*bought the game, it did not work, then I installed the currently free version from another battenet account, and I still have the same issue.