• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Very Minor Annoyance. Boot Screen On Secondary Monitor

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
This just bugs me and if I can fix it without having to buy new cables or something, it would be awesome..

I have a 27" ACER Monitor with only DB15 and DisplayPort connections.. That is hooked up to my RTX thru a DisplayPort cable..

My secondary monitor is a DELL 24" with DB15, DVI and HDMI ports.. That is hooked up to my RTX thru the HDMI connector..

The RTX has no DVI hookups. Only DisplayPort (3) and HDMI (1)...

Whenever I boot up, the TUF GAMING boot up screen shows on my secondary monitor.. When the full boot up is accomplished, the main display is on the 27" as I like... But it would be nice if the TUF GAMING boot up screen is ALSO on the main 27" display..

As I said, it's a minor annoyance, but it would be nice to switch if possible..

Thanx in advance...

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
I have a 27" ACER Monitor with only DB15 and DisplayPort connections.. That is hooked up to my RTX thru a DisplayPort cable..

My secondary monitor is a DELL 24" with DB15, DVI and HDMI ports.. That is hooked up to my RTX thru the HDMI connector..
Just a thought, but on the Dell 24" are the HDMI ports labelled as HDMI 1 & 2?

If they are try switching the HDMI cable to input 2. On a TV when you have a set top box connected to port 1 the TV will power on when it detects power to the connected device. It doesn't do this for Input 2, your graphics card decides the order of output priority during POST.

If my theory is correct, your Dell monitor will be the first to be noticed with a connection to monitor port 1, but it will see port 2 after finding the Acer monitor, so your POST should go to the Acer screen.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
My mistake.. The 24" Dell only has DVI and DB15... No HDMI... I have it hooked up to the RTX with a DVI cable with a DVI<->HDMI adapter...

Maybe I can try a DVI<->DP adapter and see if that will solve my issue..

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Try starting up your PC with the Dell monitor disconnected, then connect it and set it up as monitor 2, then restart your PC to see if it still defaults to the Dell.

If that doesn't work, then leave it as it is, Windows will correct the screens so that it will prioritize the Acer as monitor 1 for you.

I don't recommend buying the adapter for a monitor that doesn't have HDMI, the chances are it is already out of warranty. While it might last a few more years, that adapter won't have much use when the monitor dies and gets replaced with a newer model.

Concentrate your spending on things that will give you a maximum return on overall performance (like your CPU cooler) or save your money for a better/future build.