• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

What’s a good laptop to play COD

Dog2500

Recruit
Hi many years ago I played the first COD on a desktop it was great! I don’t have room for a desktop computer. I see laptops have come a long way and say they can play games now. Any advice on a good gaming laptop for about 1000 dollars ?
Thanks

Angels of Death

Specifications

OMEN by HP 15-dc1058wm1588185852599.pngGaming specifications Operating system
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Microprocessor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
System memory
16 GB
Memory slot 1 8GB Samsung 2667MHz Memory slot 2 8GB Samsung 2667MHz
System board 8574 21.15
System BIOS
F.16
Video Graphic device 1
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Current resolution
1920 x 1080
Refresh rate
143 Hz
Version
26.21.14.4587 (4/3/2020)
Aero status
Enabled
Audio Device 1
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Status
Enabled
Driver
nvhda64v.sys
Version
Device 2
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Status
Enabled
Driver
nvvad64v.sys
Version
Device 3
Realtek High Definition Audio
Status
Enabled
THIS IS WHAT I USE. Of coarse I have a monitor I hook up to 1588185852599.pngHDMI for a bigger screen

DizzyDemon

Recruit
I was strongly thinking about getting an Asus FX505 Gaming Laptop, I've always preferred Asus motherboards for building PCs so I guess I have a natural leaning towards their gaming laptops.

BestBuy have a few options:

For around $900 US with the following specs:
FX505DV-EH54
15.6" Laptop
AMD Ryzen 5
16GB Memory
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
512GB SSD
more info here

For around $950 US you can get:
GA502DU-BR7N6
ROG Zephyrus G
15.6" Gaming Laptop
AMD Ryzen 7
16GB Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Max-Q
512GB SSD
Here are the details

Finally, for $1100 US you can get:
TUF505DUEB74
TUF FX505
15.6" Gaming Laptop
AMD Ryzen 7
16GB Memory
1TB HDD + 256GB SSD
You can see that here

MSI used to make some really good gaming laptops too, but lately, the build quality is not as good as it used to be, so I am not as keen to suggest them as a brand and flagship companies like Alienware and Razer are quite desirable but very pricy for what you get.

I was strongly thinking about getting an Asus FX505 Gaming Laptop, I've always preferred Asus motherboards for building PCs so I guess I have a natural leaning towards their gaming laptops.

BestBuy have a few options:

For around $900 US with the following specs:
FX505DV-EH54
15.6" Laptop
AMD Ryzen 5
16GB Memory
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
512GB SSD
more info here

For around $950 US you can get:
GA502DU-BR7N6
ROG Zephyrus G
15.6" Gaming Laptop
AMD Ryzen 7
16GB Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Max-Q
512GB SSD
Here are the details

Finally, for $1100 US you can get:
TUF505DUEB74
TUF FX505
15.6" Gaming Laptop
AMD Ryzen 7
16GB Memory
1TB HDD + 256GB SSD
You can see that here

MSI used to make some really good gaming laptops too, but lately, the build quality is not as good as it used to be, so I am not as keen to suggest them as a brand and flagship companies like Alienware and Razer are quite desirable but very pricy for what you get.
I used to be big on AMD myself. But seemed like it wasn't all there like intel. I went with intel this time, Don't regret it one bit.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
I used to be big on AMD myself. But seemed like it wasn't all there like intel. I went with intel this time, Don't regret it one bit.
Over the last 10 years, I have built 6 PCs, 1 for myself and the rest for other people, all of them have been with Intel parts (using i5s and i7s) and the last was built in 2016. My own PC, built with an i7 3770k is still producing some amazing results in games like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone, in fact, the performance I was getting in Warzone was a factor in deciding to get MW.

But things started to change when Ryzen launched and I think I would I seriously consider Ryzen for my next build, I nearly built something new at the start of the year, but it looks like the next step in development will be with DDR5 memory, DDR5 supports a speed of 51.2 GB/s per module and 2 memory channels per module.

Now in pure gaming performance, Intel desktop chips still beat AMD processors but the big price difference offset against the small increase in performance doesn't pay off in my opinion. In non-gaming multithreaded applications, AMD seems to be pulling away by a big margin while Intel is still a little ahead of AMD in single-threaded applications.

Using an AMD Ryzen 5 you can get great gaming performance and the CPU has enough spare capacity to allow you to live-stream your games without a loss in gaming performance or the need to build a second PC to capture and then stream your video output.

From what I have seen in reviews, AMD gaming laptops with Ryzen 3000 CPUs and now the Ryzen 4000 CPUs are leading the way, it is worth checking reviews before spending your money though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H PC LF people to play Warzone with! PC Clan Recruitment 0
T How To Play Night Maps in MP Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
Strilan.tv Multi Trying to find people to play with. (Small Unit Tactics) Clan Chat 0
pumpknot HIGH KILL WARZONE GAME PLAY! Call of Duty Media 0
B Cannot play Campaign mode since update. Keep getting a missing dlc pack error Call of Duty: WarZone 4
Yankee_LT Resolution Game Play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
S Multi Trying to find new people to play with Clan Recruitment 1
H Do you play BOTH console and PC? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 7
W PSN Anyone wants to play PSN Clique845 Clan Chat 0
W Making me play war zone! Agggh!!! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 12
X Multi Looking for people to play warzone with Clan Recruitment 1
Gisborne PC Looking for PC EU squad to play with... Clan Recruitment 3
Gisborne PC Looking for EU squad to play with... Clan Chat 1
W No play since update Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
B Quick Play not matching Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
I Xbox Live Who wants to play right now?? Clan Chat 0
S Cant play with specific friends. Call of Duty: WarZone 5
R PC Returning CoD player looking for a chill/competative clan to play with Clan Recruitment 5
A PC Looking for decent people to play with Clan Recruitment 9
B PC Play everyday and no one to play with? Check out TSF! Clan Recruitment 3
A [COD] League Play In Future COD Titles General Call of Duty 0
J PSN Let's play COD Warzone - add me :DD Clan Chat 1
I Forced to play Battle Royale now? Call of Duty: WarZone 4
P Multi LF Aggresive play style team Clan Chat 0
I PSN Don’t Play Well With Others Clan Recruitment 4
A PSN Just looking to play the game as a team Clan Recruitment 0
K Xbox Live Modern Warfare - Xbox - Looking for clan or people to play with - 18+ - Hardcore only Clan Chat 0
C Fed up of PC Cheats - When will Xbox be able to disable cross play? Call of Duty: WarZone 15
Q First impressions -cross play/auto aim Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 7
F Why can't I play this game?? Call of Duty: WarZone 3
Z Xbox Live Looking to play with more people drop your Xbox gt or activision id Clan Chat 0
B Flashing Lights On Screen - Cannot Play Warzone - HELP Call of Duty: WarZone 0
U Xbox: i cant play with cross-play disabled, why? Call of Duty: WarZone 2
D Mac Play Call of Duty: WarZone 0
Panda#4718 Xbox Live Looking for a team to play battle royal? Clan Recruitment 0
X PSN Need good people to play with! Clan Chat 1
M Can’t play warzone!!! Call of Duty: WarZone 0
X Xbox Live Need teammates to play with on XB1? Clan Chat 0
N PSN Adults looking for group to play with Clan Recruitment 1
W Multi Looking for a clan to play competitive with Clan Recruitment 3
P Multi Are you tired of playing your favorite game with randoms who are toxic, uninterested, or even hostile when you try to join up with them for team play? Clan Recruitment 1
E PSN Searching for PS3 players to play CoD: Ghosts Clan Chat 0
C Why can't I play after 50% has been downloaded Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
S PSN Looking for a CLAN or Players to Play Realism Clan Recruitment 0
G PSN How play Face Off maps in TDM or FFA ? General Call of Duty 0
N Play: Throws me into losing battles constantly General Call of Duty 0
KH98 IS DOMINATION THE BEST GAME MODE ? FOR XP AND BEST TO PLAY Call of Duty Media 0
KH98 Does Anyone Play Control On Black Ops 4 ? Let me know what you guys think I did. Call of Duty Media 7
P Streamer Dr. disrespect almost got banned by this play ?! - Call of Duty Battle Royale Call of Duty Media 0
S I want to play Call of Duty 11, xbox 360 and xbox one, which one should I buy?? General Call of Duty 0