• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

What are your thoughts after playing the Black Ops 4 Beta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
PlayStation 4 owners had two Multiplayer betas. Other platforms got betas this weekend; Xbox One and PC got their chance this weekend. The next beta is going to be Black Out in September, so keep your Black Ops 4 game installed on your platform... (PS4, Xbox One, PC, doesn't matter)

So, what are your thoughts?

JusZenTFN

Banned
Honestly, I'm not impressed. I enjoy the feeling and smoothness of the controls but that's never been a problem in any Call of Duty. The MP itself feels very bland, boring and tired. Far too many things that show exact locations of enemies as well.

I'm hopeful for the Blackout beta though as the core game itself has good controls.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Honestly, I'm not impressed. I enjoy the feeling and smoothness of the controls but that's never been a problem in any Call of Duty. The MP itself feels very bland, boring and tired. Far too many things that show exact locations of enemies as well.

I'm hopeful for the Blackout beta though as the core game itself has good controls.
I think that the game is good, but the problem is that 5v5 and the size of the maps don't really work. You end up fighting the same person over and over again. It doesn't help, that the spawns are still broken as ever in these small maps. Especially in Contraband. You can wreck people in 4's or 5's if you know when and where the spawns are going to come up. I can't begin to tell you how many times I get pissed off when someone is RIGHT THERE in my spawn to kill me and leave me with no choice but to die. If you thought BO3's spawns are bad, wait until you get killed in 4's.

Camping is so bad in this game, it's amazing. I only camp because I need to wait for that stupid ability to fill up. I'm not hating on the ability, but I hate how long it takes for the R button's timer to fill up. However, other players camp just so they can hide like a bunch of scared lil' pansies.

I do like the core game, just I don't think the maps, and the playercount, along with the spawns will work in the long run. This part of the formula needs to change.

I like everything else. Call of Duty needs to change the formula from what it's used to. 10 years ago, it was acceptable to have 5v5, 6v6, or the standard 12v12 matches, but today, we'd have to have variety.

It's time.

JusZenTFN

Banned
Camping and spawn killing are staples in Call of Duty so I always expect that. That Vision Pulse thing though that I thought was ridiculous in BO3... now extends to your entire TEAM?!?! That's dumb.

Like who is going to use a useless dog when something like that is in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
AntiCheatAgent94 First thoughts.. Not Impressed.. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II 8
AntiCheatAgent94 First Thoughts PACIFIC Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 13
AntiCheatAgent94 First Thoughts On Vanguard Call of Duty: Vanguard 28
M I enjoy Apocalypse, others thoughts? Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 6
YungShiftzTTV Thoughts on the new MAC-10? Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
N My thoughts on Cold War Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 1
Wiseowl Thoughts on Black Ops Cold War Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 9
AntiCheatAgent94 My Thoughts On IW and Cheating... Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
S Battlefield player thoughts Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
M Thoughts on Warzone Balance Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 1
Empire Whats everyone's thoughts on Back Ops 4 General Call of Duty 2
C What are your thoughts on reloading while sprinting? General Call of Duty 1
M Thoughts on the Black Ops 4 storyline? General Call of Duty 1
JusZenTFN Operation Intercept: Your Thoughts General Call of Duty 0
VoiDProjects My thoughts on the Logan Paul Situation The Lounge 2
T Battlefield and Medal of Honor rankings and thoughts Video Games 2
VoiDProjects My thoughts on VR (Virtual Reality) Video Games 1
VoiDProjects What are your thoughts on the next Halo Video Games 0
VoiDProjects What are your thoughts on COD WWII General Call of Duty 4
T Fair Use, Copyright, and My Thoughts The Lounge 2
T Ready Player One-Trailer And Thoughts The Lounge 0
T Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus-Thoughts? Video Games 1
BecauseWhyNot First Thoughts on WW2, good or bad....? Call of Duty Media 0
Tthizzle88 BO3 Trailer and Gameplay: First Thoughts and Concerns (AW gameplay) Call of Duty Media 0
TeamNiceDynamite Thoughts on the Campaign? General Call of Duty 17
N Michael Myers, your thoughts. General Call of Duty 2
GoldenWrapper Thoughts on the DLC? General Call of Duty 7
InfamousSlayer Black Ops 2 - NEW "CYBORG CAMO" In Action! And My Thoughts Call of Duty Media 0
Rebornfury After finally creating some YouTube content, we would very much appreciate your thoughts! Call of Duty Media 0
charliebandey Black Ops 2... Thoughts? General Call of Duty 7
H4D3N Might stop prestiging... Thoughts? General Call of Duty 10
L Girls thoughts on Modern Warfare 3 Call of Duty Media 1
freakdaddy64 me playing mw 2 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II 1
C Playing Shipment 24/7 i can only use my main custom weapon and secondary is always the 45? Call of Duty: Vanguard 0
G Black shapes come up when playing Vanguard (PC) Call of Duty: Vanguard 6
S Help with playing campaign offline Call of Duty: Vanguard 2
C Playing the Demo? Call of Duty: Vanguard 1
G Always playing the same 5 maps? Call of Duty: Vanguard 6
T This game is almost not worth playing anymore Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
O What is the best Warzone game mode for weapon xp? Playing solo... Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
K Playing a Black Ops 2 Zombies Map in Multiplayer Call of Duty Media 0
Redwineiii Why is my download speed limited at 1mb/s by playing cod: cold war on pc? Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 2
H How does playing with my friends from US servers can affect the experience of I’m on EU? Call of Duty: WarZone 1
T Want your playing abilities analyzed? General Call of Duty 2
N 6y old playing COD Call of Duty Media 0
Tigerfurlife Playing cod, Crossplay disabled, How to fix pc’s from invading rooms? Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 15
A Playing Outbreak, stuck in First Person View Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 1
N Enable Voice Mute (because playing background music) Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
E What kind of game am i really playing? Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
DustyPlaysGames Playing so good that my teammate had to report me - Modern Warfare Gameplay Call of Duty Media 0