• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

What is the point in choosing Coalition or Allegiance?

Wiseowl

Recruit
So aswel as my kdr and wlr not adding up properly on my record sheet... please someone kindly answer me on my other post

When l choose Coalition I have been on Allegiance team 8 times out of 12? Same if l choose Allegiance l will go on Coalition a lot? Does anybody else have this happen?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Choice. Choice of which "operator" (character and character skin) you can use. If you look backwards, you're automatically put into a faction. What it seems like, going forward, we'll choose our operator.

Like, for example, in Modern Warfare Remastered, you can change your character "skin" by changing it. But you're stuck with that skin. Modern Warfare 2019 allows you to choose an operator, and the operator's clothes, execution, and gestures, etc.

The factions are tradition in Call of Duty, but it's different in Modern Warfare 2019 for the reason I described.

Wiseowl

Recruit
Choice. Choice of which "operator" (character and character skin) you can use. If you look backwards, you're automatically put into a faction. What it seems like, going forward, we'll choose our operator.

Like, for example, in Modern Warfare Remastered, you can change your character "skin" by changing it. But you're stuck with that skin. Modern Warfare 2019 allows you to choose an operator, and the operator's clothes, execution, and gestures, etc.

The factions are tradition in Call of Duty, but it's different in Modern Warfare 2019 for the reason I described.
i'm not if i've understood you or if you've not understood me. i was trying to say if i make coalition my faverite then i will be on the allegience team 8 out of 12 times. then i faverite allegience team i will be put on coallition 6 out of 8 times. everything is fucked on my game. is it just mine or is anybody else having problems with everything too?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
i'm not if i've understood you or if you've not understood me. i was trying to say if i make coalition my faverite then i will be on the allegience team 8 out of 12 times. then i faverite allegience team i will be put on coallition 6 out of 8 times. everything is fucked on my game. is it just mine or is anybody else having problems with everything too?
Oh. Well, because you have to actually select them. Think "favorite" like bookmarks, you see that bookmark tab on your browser? Like that. For example, right now, I have Ghost selected on the Coalition side, while my "favorite" is selected as Allegiance (for update reasons, when you installed the game, that's where it landed). But when you're in a lobby, you'll be split into two. This is where the "automated" grouping is in effect.

So, I guess the factions in your "Operator" menu is just cosmetic.