1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

What was your favourite mission on CoD4?

Discussion in 'Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare' started by RetJoSek, Mar 30, 2013.

1. RetJoSek

RetJoSek Recruit

For me it has to be "All Ghillied Up". In my opinion this is the best mission from and call of duty game, or perhaps one of the best missions from any game. Just in case you aren't sure the mission I mean I'll just quote the wiki:
    CoD isn't known for its intelligence or for any kind of tactical application, but this is an exception. I love stealth games, Tom Clancy, Fallout (I always make myself stealthy as hell), etc. And this was a mission I could play over and over, and even better, in CoDMW2 it was a multiplayer spec ops mission. In my opinion this is one of the things that made CoD4 so great.

2 people like this.
  2. Melvin

Melvin Recruit

I 2nd that. I play sniper in multiplier, and by far, this was the most exciting mission I've ever played. I'm not going to lie. It was frustrating at first, but it took some time, thinking, and effort to actually master the mission. I kept getting stuck where we had to law low in the field until the troops went past us. The damn tank kept crushing me. I'll probably pull out my MAC, and go play it later since you brought it up haha.

3. kamy

kamy Recruit

If this is the right call of duty I'm thinking of mines has to be the mission where you are in the AC130. I love it because I don't get bored of it but I do have a second favourite also which is where you are invading the enemy camp stealthily with silenced snipers :D.

2 people like this.
  4. Halbit22

Halbit22 Recruit

Yea I have to hop on the bandwagon and agree with the "All Ghillied Up" mission. That mission has been highly regarded across the entire gaming population. That mission was so much fun and at the time there was nothing else like it. The part where you are laying prone in the grass and that entire patrol of tanks and soldiers goes past you is intense! I love that mission and I still go back occasionally to play it.

5. SilverAtom

SilverAtom Recruit

All Ghillied Up was the best one for me, I remember the intro scene to the mission where it's closing up in the grass and then Price gets up with the Ghillie suit and I was like WOAH didn't know you were there, it really got me and the mission was extremely difficult too.

3 people like this.
  6. Vali07

Vali07 Recruit

Mine has to be aftermath, one of the best scenes almost in a video game ever in my opinion.

7. thethirdeye

thethirdeye Recruit

Although All Ghillied Up was a classic mission, especially on Veteran, I don't think it's the best one. My favorite was " Mile High Club ", done on veteran of course. I love the level of strategy you need to beat it.

8. GreenCamino

GreenCamino Recruit

I'd have to agree with the majority here and say that All Ghillied up was my favorite mission. It might just be because it was the most memorable to me but I remember having the most fun on that mission playing co-op. At the part where you have to wait for all the soldiers and vehicles to pass by we would always try and kill them off. Of course it never worked but we had a lot of fun doing it. I think it's a unique mission and the setting of Chernobyl definitely helps it to stick in my mind.

9. RetJoSek

RetJoSek Recruit

Exactly, I think it was the coop aspect in MW2 that has made such a high impression upon me, the teamwork and strategy portion made it all the more memorable and special.
    Oh also I have to agree with the Chernobyl part, I have always found it quite interesting and plan on going there (I think the main thing that attracts me is how desolate it is and how it is almost a wasteland)

10. chrislyons88

chrislyons88 Recruit

hahah I agree. That was a great missions. mines are tricky and suspenseful. Great to see other people enjoy the same things :D

11. riku517

riku517 Recruit

I must also jump on the bandwagon and agree that All Ghillied Up was an amazing mission. My brother and I had the same problem Green had with trying to not kill the soldiers that were passing by. Though we failed that mission a ton of times, it was pretty fun.

12. bradman1313

bradman1313 Recruit

Definitely "All Ghillied Up" or "One Shot One Kill". These missions offered so much contrast to the multiplayer sniping that I started wishing for more open maps with longer sightlines, just so I could feel like I took an awesome shot.

13. icebloodz

icebloodz Recruit

Just like most of the posts in here, 'All Ghillied Up'.

I gotta say that the part were you had to lie on the grass and wait for the damn army to pass. After they left I tried snipin as much of em as I could. Fun times to be had.

14. thethirdeye

thethirdeye Recruit

Interesting choice with " One Shot One Kill ". That mission was, in my opinion, the hardest mission in COD4. I would even put it above Mile High Club. I agree with you about the contrast. During those two missions, sniping an enemy in the head and staying stealthy was an amazing feeling. Carrying Price with you really strengthened the character bond as well.

15. visto

visto Recruit

Stealth missions can be so thrilling when it's done right, and it's done right in spades here. I wish there was an Oscars for video games, this would win for stealth.

16. Arutea

Arutea Recruit

All Ghillied Up. Yep, that was my favorite Misson in CoD4 as well.

Playing as Price was just so bad-ass plus the mission itself was just perfect!

17. nicudeemus

nicudeemus Recruit

All ghillied up is one of the best FPS missions of all time in my opinion. Such an awesome mission and storyline in general.

18. apriapism

apriapism Recruit

The sniper missions are my favorite missions in every game I've played. So I'd have to go with Ghillied up as well, I love the sneaking around and scoping my victims out.

19. derbestrafer

derbestrafer Recruit

"All Ghillied Up". The sniper mission was just one best that I ever played in a video game, and also was the most memorable in COD 4. I remember playing that mission at least five times after I finished the game.

20. xlSynergy_imported3

Definitely "All Ghillied Up". It did take me a few tries to do it, but it was really fun and awesome! That's the only mission I really remember from the game, probably because I played it like 20 times in a row, haha.