• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

Where is plunder

Burnzie

Recruit
Just logged on to discover they have completely removed plunder, and replaced it with 2 multiplayer game modes.
if I wanted to play multiplayer I would buy it. Why on earth would they remove plunder.

Angels of Death

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Just logged on to discover they have completely removed plunder, and replaced it with 2 multiplayer game modes.
if I wanted to play multiplayer I would buy it. Why on earth would they remove plunder.
It's still there. It's on the bottom. It's now like a filter button.

Only thing I found at the bottom was practice mode for plunder. Not plunder mode itself, only BR for 1, 2, 3, and 4 players, Rumble and two promo's game modes for Modern Warfare.

And there ends my game night tonight. I find it silly that we have 4 BR modes, and not even 1 plunder mode, which I find the most enjoyable.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Only thing I found at the bottom was practice mode for plunder. Not plunder mode itself, only BR for 1, 2, 3, and 4 players, Rumble and two promo's game modes for Modern Warfare.

And there ends my game night tonight. I find it silly that we have 4 BR modes, and not even 1 plunder mode, which I find the most enjoyable.
I just saw the new hotfix. I think this has to do with the "free CODMW Multiplayer" weekend or event. I saw something about it the other day.

I'm sorry, I was playing yesterday after the update and it was right at the bottom. I was literally saying "Whatchoo talkin' about? It's at the bottom." out loud.

Indeed, yesterday it was at the bottom. Just do not understand why the modern warfare promotion is at cost of plunder while there are 4 BR modes still available. :(

mattmdm47

Recruit
Wheres plunder and why is there is multiplayer crap in the warzone i want to play plunder. And this cross play required for plunder cause PC and xbox players are all hacing fools who dont know how to play anyhow so when is Plunder coming back ? If yall think your gonna get more players from those game modes yall are crazy .

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Wheres plunder and why is there is multiplayer crap in the warzone i want to play plunder. And this cross play required for plunder cause PC and xbox players are all hacing fools who dont know how to play anyhow so when is Plunder coming back ? If yall think your gonna get more players from those game modes yall are crazy .
Dude, CoDForums isn't the official Call of Duty Forum operated by Activision. I'm the owner of CoDForums.com

Warzone is accessible from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, and it's own free-to-play. So, let's say you download Call of Duty: Warzone for the first time... you see that CoDMW "Free Weekend," you try out Modern Warfare.

So, you may not like it, but there'll be people who will. There are 60 Million accounts playing or played Warzone.

Last edited:

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
I'm all for having as few Playlist options as possible, to keep as many players queueing together as possible for quick wait times. I feel like they should rotate Duos/Trios/Quads through Plunder. Keep Solos as Warzone only, and every week make one of the other 3 the Plunder mode. So 1 week Quads/Trios/Solos are Warzone and Duos is Plunder. The next week Trios/Duos/Solos are Warzone and Quads is Plunder. Then make Trios the Plunder mode the next week. This would encourage groups who normally play with a certain amount of people to try Plunder on occasion when their number is queued that way. Also when they add any new maps, keep them all in rotation instead of letting players queue for them separately.

Burnzie

Recruit
So the free weekend thing is over and the playlists have been removed. But plunder still isn’t in the game, wtf. You can do the training for plunder but that’s it.

UBMurda

Recruit
Yeah I also bought the game for the plunder
Plunder is free you dont need to buy the game for it. I bought the game to see if multiplayer is as fun as Plunder but its not. only 2 modes i enjoy on multiplayer is Gunfight n free for all. I spent most of my time just playin Plunder i wish next time they feel like sharing a new mode remove BR instead n leave my plunder alone.

I wish they would have a Plunder Free for ALL AKA Solo. I really want to see if i can get in the top 10 vs 100 players. I Think a solo version of plunder would be really competitive knowing the last spot is 10th place n theres 100 players all trying to win. How action packed n fun would that be, running out of contracts, fighting for cash drops, hunting down the cash king.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
Plunder is free you dont need to buy the game for it. I bought the game to see if multiplayer is as fun as Plunder but its not. only 2 modes i enjoy on multiplayer is Gunfight n free for all. I spent most of my time just playin Plunder i wish next time they feel like sharing a new mode remove BR instead n leave my plunder alone.

I wish they would have a Plunder Free for ALL AKA Solo. I really want to see if i can get in the top 10 vs 100 players. I Think a solo version of plunder would be really competitive knowing the last spot is 10th place n theres 100 players all trying to win. How action packed n fun would that be, running out of contracts, fighting for cash drops, hunting down the cash king.
BR is the vastly more popular mode they're never going to touch that.

I too bought MP because I like the F2P version so much and found myself disliking it just like I did when I quit playing CoD 8 years ago. Warzone BR is the only thing keeping me in this game.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
Even with this explanation, it’s still bs that they remove the only plunder game mode. Why not remove one of the br game modes instead there’s like 50 of them now.
This is going to be a total shock to you...but BR is vastly more popular than Plunder. I guarantee they didn't just throw a dart at the wall to pick which playlist to remove - Plunder most likely had the lowest player count so if they were going to temporarily remove something that's where they went.

I've posted elsewhere, but I wish they'd do a combined queue - always keep Solo in BR but rotate the other 3 through Plunder. One week have Duos/Quads in BR and Plunder gets Trios, the next week do Duos/Trios in BR and Plunder Quads, then the 3rd week do Trios/Quads in BR and Duos Plunder Duos. That would encourage certain groups to play Plunder or BR if it was their playlist's turn to queue for one or the other.

pop_nov

Recruit
Confirmed here that the removal was temporary:

This explanation still doesn't make sense. If they were really just trying to push a free M.P. week, then they would have paused all of Warzone except for B.R. Solos.

Besides M.P. not having a map size filter for quick play, getting rid of plunder is the most Ill conceived decision they've made. I don't expect to like every weeks' M.P. playlists and when I don't, which is right now, plunder is my go to. With no map size selection, no enjoyable playlist, and no plunder I don't really have a choice but to stop playing.

Burnzie

Recruit
This is going to be a total shock to you...but BR is vastly more popular than Plunder. I guarantee they didn't just throw a dart at the wall to pick which playlist to remove - Plunder most likely had the lowest player count so if they were going to temporarily remove something that's where they went.

I've posted elsewhere, but I wish they'd do a combined queue - always keep Solo in BR but rotate the other 3 through Plunder. One week have Duos/Quads in BR and Plunder gets Trios, the next week do Duos/Trios in BR and Plunder Quads, then the 3rd week do Trios/Quads in BR and Duos Plunder Duos. That would encourage certain groups to play Plunder or BR if it was their playlist's turn to queue for one or the other.
And this might be a shock to you, but not everyone of us play br. Some of us much prefer plunder.
I don’t get why they would remove the only plunder game mode, when they could’ve removed just one of the other br modes. If it was only for a few days then surely people could make do with playing other br modes. Those who solely play plunder can’t really do that can they.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CODForums Call of Duty: Warzone's Plunder is another mode where you can earn cash Call of Duty: WarZone 0
H Where do we report hackers Call of Duty: WarZone 9
T Credit Where Credit Is Due Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
F So... Where are the dogs? Call of Duty: WarZone 1
R Help me Identify this Weapon I cant find it any where. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Empire Where do you go for news? The Lounge 0
J Is internet expensive where you live? The Lounge 14
R Where to download CODAW? General Call of Duty 1
I Where is the MWR videos sub-forum? Completed Suggestions 1
B [PS4]- AoA clan, new clan where you can win, improve, and make friends Clan Chat 0
N I have a montage, not sure where/how to post it Call of Duty Media 1
Esperahol So in West Philadelphia, born and raised! On the Xbox is where I spent... The Lobby 0
PinkyCodgirl21 Not sure where this goes.... The Lounge 13
XxxVoidxxX xbox 360 is where its at The Lobby 1
A Where am i going wrong playing online? General Call of Duty 2
B Plunder - Quads + Solo User Bonuses Call of Duty: WarZone 1
K Multi Plunder!! Clan Recruitment 14
J Who Took Away My Plunder?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
O War-zone/Blood Money/ Plunder Call of Duty: WarZone 3
G Hackers in plunder PC The Lounge 1
T Plunder - Quads + Solo User Bonuses Call of Duty: WarZone 4
CODForums Plunder Pack Vehicle Skins featuring Xzibit Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
H Respawn time in Plunder modes. Call of Duty: WarZone 1
L Multi Plunder crews? Clan Recruitment 0
S Your drop-in logic in Plunder SUCKS Call of Duty: WarZone 0
J Best class setup for plunder/warzone? Call of Duty: WarZone 1
K Plunder is no longer Fun Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
D Thank you for bringing back plunder trios Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
O COD War Zone - Plunder General Call of Duty 0
B Plunder turned from one of the most fun game modes to the worst game mode Call of Duty: WarZone 2
ggChillinz How do marked targets work in Plunder? Call of Duty: WarZone 0
R Please bring back Plunder with TRIOS and QUADS Call of Duty: WarZone 3
I PC West coast NA pc player lf plunder group Clan Recruitment 1
M Gamemodes: Demolition and plunder trios/quads Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
D What's with respawns in Plunder? Call of Duty: WarZone 2
G Multi plunder sqaud recruitment Clan Recruitment 1
Y Make Solos, Duos, Trios and Quads in both Plunder and BR Call of Duty: WarZone 5
D Plunder should be QUADS and DUOS Call of Duty: WarZone 11
V Just bring back trios in Plunder Call of Duty: WarZone 15
K Buy stations to random in plunder. Call of Duty: WarZone 0
Deth_effelt_87 Multi LF clan plunder us. Wis. Clan Chat 0
A Multi Looking for a plunder/war zone clan Clan Recruitment 5
T PC LF WZ PLUNDER CLAN Clan Recruitment 3