• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

Which is the best Bolt Action Rifle??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo_psyche

Recruit
Here's an overview of all :

Springfield:

One of the first bolt action rifles, unlocked at level 4, but available for use on the pre-made classes at level 1, is the Springfield. People who use it are sometimes considered "scrub snipers", because you do not have to acquire 25 kills to unlock the sniper score; it comes with it as soon as you unlock the gun. The Springfield has 2 other attachments: the bayonet and the rifle grenade. The Springfield is like the M40A3 in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. They are similar because they are both unlocked at low levels, are most commonly used, and their sniper scopes are the best. The Springfield does great damage and is very accurate.

Arisaka:

Also unlocked at level 4, the Arisaka is hated by a big number of players and is usually unpopular. You can unlock the sniper scope, bayonet, and rifle grenade for the Arisaka. The Arisaka's iron sights are horrendous, in my opinion. However, the Arisaka with a sniper scope on it can become extremely deadly if used correctly. It is very inaccurate, by the way, so I do NOT recommend using the Arisaka unless you are just naturally good with it.

Mosin-Nagant:

The Mosin-Nagant is probably the hottest looking bolt action rifle, in my opinion. It is unlocked at level 21, and can be equipped with a sniper scope, the bayonet, and the rifle grenade. This is most definitely the best no scoping/iron sight bolt action rifle in the game. The Mosin-Nagant has pretty good power and amazing accuracy.

Kar98k:

This bolt action rifle is unlocked at level 41, and has the sniper scope, bayonet, and rifle grenade. In my opinion, this bolt action rifle is can be used by any experienced sniper; it has the second best rate of fire and has great accuracy and fairly good power. NOT the greatest for one shot kills, however.

PTRS-41:

The second most popular bolt action rifle in the game, which is unlocked at level 57. It is NOT always going to be a one-shot kill. However, it has an extremely great rate of fire and can be used as a spray n' pray form of a sniper rifle, and you will eventually get the kill. This is my, by far, most favorite bolt action rifle. It's accuracy is pretty good, but not as good as the Mosin-Nagant's or the Springfield's. The only downsides to the PTRS-41 is that it has no other attachments other than the sniper scope, which is automatically equipped on it, and it is extremely loud, keeping you from being a stealthy sniper.

Ok now to be straight and precise..Arisaka sucks while i just simply love the kar98k, which is my best bolt action rifle..

What about you'll??

Angels of Death

wow, super weirded out that no one has replied to this yet, thread was started in '09 unless my eyes are playing tricks :p I'm a new member, joined today lol

Out of the bolt action rifles, i would have to say that the Mosin-Nagant is my favourite bolt action rifle. In my opinion, the accuracy is great, the effective range of the weapon is quite pleasing, the iron sights are wonderful( i tend to use them more than a scope, even if im sniping for some reason), and the stopping power is quite high during standard mode, and even more substantial in hardcore mode. I have used all the other bolt action rifles, but for me it will be the Mosin-Nagant all the way :). Btw, i do have to level with you, the kar98k is a fine weapon indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
zMrLegacyz I finally beat SEASON 4 in MODERN WARFARE, and I saved the BEST CHALLENGE for last. Call of Duty Media 0
pumpknot 2.3 KD RATIO! Best Tips on How to Win in Warzone! Call of Duty Media 0
C I put "The Best Day Ever" from SpongeBob on the Modern Warfare 2 Trailer! Call of Duty Media 0
B *NEW*CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE & WARZONE BEST MOMENTS-#14 Call of Duty Media 0
B *NEW*CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE & WARZONE BEST MOMENTS Call of Duty Media 1
zMrLegacyz The BEST SEARCH AND DESTROY class set up on MODERN WARFARE Call of Duty Media 0
Mr Fishy McFIsh AX50 Best Setups! Call of Duty Media 4
B Best Sniping locations in ground war#1 Call of Duty Media 1
K The best sniper rifle in the game isn't a sniper rifle. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
G Probably the best M4A1 loadout ... try it u will be surprised Call of Duty Media 0
U BEST SETTINGS FOR WARZONE & MULTIPLAYER AFTER PATCH 1.20! *BEST CONTROLLER SETTINGS* Call of Duty Media 1
U MP7 BEST CLASS LASER ACCURACY NO RECOIL AIMBOT?! Call of Duty Media 0
pumpknot Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - BEST CONTROLLER SETTINGS *UPDATED* Call of Duty Media 0
J Best class setup for plunder/warzone? Call of Duty: WarZone 1
T Best Loadout for Renetti (Pistol Only Class)? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
J Is Kar98k the best sniper? Call of Duty Media 2
SR71BETA Stealth is Our Best Option! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
DizzyDemon My Best Game Yet... w00t! Tell me abouts yours... Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 16
S So what's the best gun in Scopes and Scatters you ask? Call of Duty: WarZone 1
S Best Assault Weapon?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 14
CIFIY New to forums anyone got a link to best setups for classes? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 6
J Here are some of the best loadouts to use in Warzone! Call of Duty: WarZone 2
B The Best Warzone Review by Russian Comrade Call of Duty Media 0
nuked the BEST AK-47 CLASS!! (Tactical Nuke) Call of Duty Media 0
T Best AK47 Attachments!? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 6
T Gunfight...best COD Mode ever? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
T Best Streak Ever :D Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
T Best Gunfight Kills!?... Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
WHUTZHIZNAME Call of duty modern warfare best plays Call of Duty Media 0
KH98 IS CONTROL THE WORST MODE EVER ? OR THE BEST ? Call of Duty Media 0
KH98 IS DOMINATION THE BEST GAME MODE ? FOR XP AND BEST TO PLAY Call of Duty Media 0
Jasonn What is your best way of playing COD? General Call of Duty 2
VoiDProjects Multi VoiD Clan Beats OPS Gaming in 6v6 SnD best of 3 Clan Chat 0
VoiDProjects List of favorite games series in order least to best Video Games 0
VoiDProjects What Sniper Rifle do you think is the best in cod history General Call of Duty 0
VoiDProjects Multi What is your opinion on which cod is the best General Call of Duty 0
OCN007 Do you agree that this is the best call of duty? Call of Duty Media 0
gambrinus The best soundtracks from the game CALL OF DUTY General Call of Duty 1
R PSN Join ATF and fight to be the best! Clan Recruitment 1
F Which is the best site to buy Console skins for Infinite Warfare? General Call of Duty 0
A BEST WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR AIM! Call of Duty Media 2
A Sick call of duty montage! Best ever! Call of Duty Media 0
BajaBlast Best Epic Variant? General Call of Duty 0
F Codename: FrosteR - A COD4 Promod LAN + Online Cup movie against the best Promod teams in Europe. Call of Duty Media 0
R Best Rushing Setup w/ 8 TIPS! Call of Duty Media 0
L The best COD Vines. Call of Duty Media 0
M Multi the best multiplatform clan Clan Recruitment 4
T The BEST SECRET WALLRUN ON EVERY Map! Including All Maps!! Call of Duty Media 0
B [PS4] BDG (Best Damn Gamers) Team - Recruiting Clan Chat 0
GhostlyAce BREACH BEST HIDING AND CAMPING SPOTS IN BLACK OPS 3! Call of Duty Media 0