• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

WHY??? compiling shaders every start up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I have less than recommended system but I get 85+ fps with all graphics maxed @ 1080p. I5-3470, 16GB ram, RX590 8GB, 4TB SSD, 12TB HDDs, LG 144Hz Freesync display....PROBLEM IS: If I do not re-compile the shaders upon every restart, maps take 10-30 min to load. After recompile shaders (20+ mins) maps usually load in less than 30 seconds....So essentially It is taking more than 20 mins to start game to a playable (map loading) state. Is there something corrupting the shaders on close? Or just a bug Activision is working on....

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I can't imagine why it wouldn't work... I have to reinstall shaders every time I update drivers, but that shouldn't happen every time you start yer pooter..

Maybe it's something with the drivers?? Maybe COD is thinking you just updated the drivers??

Did it ever work right???

Since I have encountered another bug "stuck compiling shaders" no progress, the fix is I have to load single player mission then exit then it will resume as usual, but headed to work soon, my 3rd gen platform isn't fast enough to do that in 20 minutes... LOL, back at it at 12:30 a.m., thanks and I will let ya know....

Well, upon resuming my "play BOCW quest" with new amd drivers and trying to get the game to compile shaders by loading single player level and quitting didn't work. After 30 mins of running around in circles about the shaders, I just decided to go ahead and play MP, I was pissed at this point LOL. Why not, I get my ass shot up all the time anyway. Anyhoo, played first map and of course massive hitching, cost me about 10 lives, but after about 2 minutes started playing @ 85 fps, finish match, while waiting for next match I notice my shaders were finally installing. So I hit MP again anyway (without waiting) next map had very minor hitching, 10 maps later I was satisfied, and still with only 38% shaders compiled, I quit for the duration very pleased. It was like after playing a couple of maps most of the shaders were in memory that I needed, I was just amazed at how good the game played without shader compilation complete.. Oh very short map loads, always waiting on other players....Best experience so far....

100mbs wireless game ping usually < 40ms, live in upstate sc, very wired, I am literally within range of 50+ wifi networks. Its a rip off I pay 80 bucks for 200mbs, my router is only 100mbs, Tmobile has home service here and its cheaper, thinking about trying it...

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I'm waiting for Starlink to be available in Florida.. Fiber Optic speeds w/ unlimited bandwidth.. :D

I am out in the boonies where AT&T DSL is the only option.. I'm lucky if I get 6mbs...... :(

hopefully you get some starlink soon, I know I am whining about my service, I just think internet should be free given all the freakin' ads endured.. Oh btw BOCW, after shader install complete, on restart. . Infinite load screen again. LOL, my fix restart shader install, play anyway, just played 5 games no problems at ALL....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements