• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

Worst Call Of Duty Multiplayer So Far?

Do you find Ghosts multiplayer enjoyable?

• Yes

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

3Quency

Recruit
In my opinion I do find Ghost's multiplayer to be not a patch on the earlier versions, the modern warfares had such a stronger map choice and intensity, what do you think?

Angels of Death

AndreiFL

Recruit
I think it's still a fun and intense MP. It could have been brighter, but it was pretty decent compared to other series. Almost all of the COD games had a great MP.

ReaperTV

Recruit
It was way to laggy. Maps were terrible. The graphics were poor. I didn't enjoy at all. It could have been a decent game if there weren't any Ieds. That basically ruined the entire game for me. It got me so mad that I didn't even rage, just sat there and accepted it. The lag was a huge problem. Especially in competitive.

gh0st233

Recruit
I haven't play this game to have a strong opinion on it, but I have watched a few videos of it on YouTube. And from what I've seen, it didn't even feel or look like a Call of Duty game. It felt a lot different, but in a bad way. I think that's why they don't change the engine, if they did, the game would change so drastically, and everyone would think of it as "the worst Call of Duty". I think we should look at it as a game that isn't bad, rather than the worst Call of Duty in the series. I don't even think it's the worst one in the series, I think Call of Duty 3 is the worst one in the series, definitely. That felt more like Day of Defeat, or something.

js85

Recruit
I agree that it's the "worst" but I don't think that means it's unplayable. I go to it every now and then, but it didn't take long for me to discover that squads was way more enjoyable. I have a really big problem with campers and snipers -- being that I'm always the dummy to walk straight into their traps -- and that's what a lot of Ghosts consists of, unfortunately. I tend to love maps like Tremor and Warhawk, with a smaller playing field and less camping.

moaz13

Recruit
When the levels are this badly designed and there's an infinite tunnel of corridors and corners you get shot from everywhere and the spawns are terrible. This is definitely the worst of them all.

All the maps feel the same and the gameplay feels slower than the one of the earlier titles. I not only think this is the worst call of duty multiplayer, but the worst call of duty game altogether. The singleplayer campaign was alright, but I felt like it was trying too much to impress me, and that's why it failed. For example, I didn't give two shits when Riley got shot.

Getting back to the multiplayer, I found the performance on my mid-high PC to be atrocious, running way worse than it should have. A friend of mine pre-ordered the game and got fucked up by the 6gb of ram initial requirement.

Yoso123

Recruit
The maps feel so boring and bland, not to mention big. Some series, like Battlefield, can do good with big maps since they have vehicles and more people in a match, but Call of Duty is about smaller lobbies with no vehicles. I can see why they added bigger maps (encourage people to stick together and flank), but it doesn't fit the run and gun style of 99 percent of Cod players. The trick to a good map isn't how big and open it is, it's just the design of the map. The devs were lazy, and created maps with big open spaces and random pathways. Counterstrike is a good example of good mapmaking. The maps are easy to memorize, but at the same time strategy is rewarded. Ghosts had the worst maps, and I won't even mention weapon balance, camping, killstreaks, etc.

moaz13

Recruit
The maps feel so boring and bland, not to mention big. Some series, like Battlefield, can do good with big maps since they have vehicles and more people in a match, but Call of Duty is about smaller lobbies with no vehicles. I can see why they added bigger maps (encourage people to stick together and flank), but it doesn't fit the run and gun style of 99 percent of Cod players. The trick to a good map isn't how big and open it is, it's just the design of the map. The devs were lazy, and created maps with big open spaces and random pathways. Counterstrike is a good example of good mapmaking. The maps are easy to memorize, but at the same time strategy is rewarded. Ghosts had the worst maps, and I won't even mention weapon balance, camping, killstreaks, etc.
I agree with the ghosts criticism, but I think AW did killstreaks (score streaks) and loadouts much much better, except for the arbitrary locking of scopes and weapons behind nonsense levels, like cosmetic scopes behind a number of headshots for no reason (no reason a scope is better than the other, it's personal preference)

KNH

Recruit
Like other people mentioned, the maps were my biggest problem with it. I kind of got bored with it and the campers were just killing me non-stop. I was really hoping for more when this came out but was sorely disappointed.

nekroz

Recruit
The maps don't look really ugly, huge turn off to play in. DLC maps look better but, they aren't free...I also feel it's much too easier to kill people, that makes the game boring when you win too much or when you get crushed mercilessly...However the biggest problem is that playing on PC (which I do or did...), not very many people for matchmaking sometimes.

bsthebenster

Recruit
I never had any problem with the lag people talk about. My main problem with Ghosts is that they encourage camping. Giant maps with tonnes of camping spots, the ability to have two I.E.D.s and the poor quality of short range weapons with the possible exception of the mtar. On most maps, it seems to make more sense to camp than to not camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GooseAlwaysDies Worst Call of Duty Match Ever! Call of Duty Media 0
Atlas of Karma Double XP is the worst thing for older Call of Duty's General Call of Duty 2
InfamousSlayer WORST Call of Duty Trend? Call of Duty Media 0
D Warzone is by far one of the worst BR experience Call of Duty: WarZone 8
K The worst thing about Modern Warfare. Join in Progress. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 13
B Plunder turned from one of the most fun game modes to the worst game mode Call of Duty: WarZone 2
M This game has some of the WORST audio I have ever dealt with Call of Duty: WarZone 5
J Worst Audio (Right Now) Call of Duty: WarZone 2
KH98 IS CONTROL THE WORST MODE EVER ? OR THE BEST ? Call of Duty Media 0
T Worst Game Adaptation Of A Movie? Video Games 0
M Pretty sure im the worst BO3 player ever!! Please confirm? General Call of Duty 1
GooseAlwaysDies Worst Map in Advanced Warfare?! Call of Duty Media 0
F Do you think Black Ops 2 was the worst CoD ? General Call of Duty 5
chrislyons88 Worst game of the series? General Call of Duty 35
H4D3N WORST REVENGE SPAWN EVER! Call of Duty Media 2
Devinnspell MP7 Worst SMG in BO2? Call of Duty Media 0
T Worst CoD player ever? Call of Duty Media 2
Mrespano Call of duty Channel trailer Call of Duty Media 0
Delta v Force RavenOne - Call of Duty® Modern Warfare® Xbox Live Public, Hardcore Hardpoint Suldal Harbour 4K Call of Duty Media 0
JetskjiOnTwitch How To WARM Up In CALL OF DUTY (Accuracy/Warm-up Drill) Call of Duty Media 0
J Multi Call of Duty Hub Clan Recruitment 0
Deemaa Call of matrix Call of Duty Media 0
H Call of duty warzone: Campers/Snipers paradise trash Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Q Call of Duty MW trees are twitching/flickering Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
L PC Italian Discord Community dedicated to "Call Of Duty Modern Warfare" Clan Recruitment 0
K Makarov in Call of Duty 4! (Army of the New Russia Mod) Call of Duty Media 0
K Call of Duty: STAR WARS Mod! (All Weapons & Maps) Call of Duty Media 0
robethang Call Of Duty: Warzone Highlight & Funny Moments 24H Call of Duty Media 0
B *NEW*CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE & WARZONE BEST MOMENTS-#14 Call of Duty Media 0
B *NEW*CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE & WARZONE BEST MOMENTS Call of Duty Media 1
G Banned for 4 days on call of duty for having a racist name. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
K YUGOSLAVIA WW2 Mission in Call of Duty Call of Duty Media 0
K Call of Duty 2 in 2020! Call of Duty Media 2
P Multi Call of Duty Discord Clan Recruitment 0
B *NEW* Call of Duty Modern Warfare WTF & Funny Moments #1 Call of Duty Media 0
CODForums The story of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare so far Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
S Call of Duty LagZone micro-stutter experience Call of Duty: WarZone 7
J Mobile Call of duty mobile Clan Recruitment 1
K Chinese CALL OF DUTY in 2020 (CoD Online Gameplay) Call of Duty Media 0
S Multi Call of Duty looking to recruit people Clan Chat 1
U Energy weapons from call of duty advanced warfare General Call of Duty 0
Y Multi Call Of Duty Warzone *help* Clan Chat 0
K Call of Duty Mobile help, please General Call of Duty 1
pumpknot Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - BEST CONTROLLER SETTINGS *UPDATED* Call of Duty Media 0
R Drake - Toosie Slide - Call of Duty Montage! Check it out! Call of Duty Media 0
K BLACK OPS 2 Weapons in Call of Duty 4 Call of Duty Media 0
N Multi Call of duty app squad Clan Recruitment 0
ShadowSeoul Xbox Live Looking for an Active Clan for Call of Duty Modern warfare Clan Recruitment 3
Soldier A Call of Duty Modern Warfare , HC Vids! Call of Duty Media 0
Soldier A PC Call of Duty Modern Warfare. Clan Recruitment 3