1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Worth playing?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty 1' started by moaz13, Nov 14, 2014.

1. moaz13

moaz13 Recruit

I used to be a Sony and PC kid but I liked other kinds of games so I never even heard of these games for a long time, but now that I know, is it worth playing the origins of the series? What does it do better or what does it do that makes it worth playing now?

2. gh0st233

gh0st233 Recruit

Well, if you can get your hands on this and the United Offensive expansion, make sure to get it and play both of them. They are really good, and everyone should play the game that started it all. Also, play Call of Duty 2, if you haven't already. My first Call of Duty game was CoD 2. After that, I played the Call of Duty and the United Offensive and I loved those two. The campaign is so fun, and the multi-player isn't bad but you can see that it's a bit old. These are good games, and you should try them if you can.

EDIT: Also, forgot to add, you can drive cars in United Offensive multi-player. I think it's the only CoD game that lets you do that.

3. GlacialDoom_Imported3

Definitely. The campaign isn't as "hollywoodian" as the ones in the newer titles, because back then, they aimed for a gaming experience, not a cutscene-filled-with-quicktime-events experience. Also, the campaign is much, much longer.

I played this game when I was a small kid on PC with my father. We had a blast.

Be sure to play it, and get the United Offensive expansion too.

4. moaz13

moaz13 Recruit

That sounds much better. One of my favorite games is Brothers in Arms and I like how much less of an action packed Hollywood ride and focuses on the horrors of war and how important squad mates are.

5. harpazo22

harpazo22 Recruit

Absolutely it is so worth it. It's the original so if you play any others you'll really appreciate it more. The graphics are good, it's action packed and never boring. It's just fun!

6. AmazonXD

AmazonXD Recruit

Definitely different that modern CoDs. The original really harkens back to a time when World War 2 shooters were all the rage. Brothers in Arms, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, all fighting for the same platform. I guess that's kind of how it is now, though.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Recruit

Game developers tend to make games they know will sell, and if one game is a massive success, you tend to get quite a few other games coming out that are similar as they also try and jump on the bandwagon and cash in.

While if you like one style of game that's a good thing, it gives you a varied choice of titles to choose from, if your not a fan though, you'll find that there's not a great deal of variety being released you can look forward to purchasing.

8. nusster

nusster Recruit

Absolutely, original CoD is the first one I played and like someone mentioned, the market was very crowded back then with WWII shooters, and Call of Duty is my favorite. I have thought about re-playing it myself, I am 100% sure the quality still holds up!