• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Need Help: Game Keeps Dropping To Task Bar Once It Loads On PC.

garethmb

Recruit
Hello,

The game has worked fine since launch but the latest update has made it difficult to play. I have updated the drivers and run the repair so those are not the issues. When the game starts it crashes to the desktop but is running in the taskbar. This is after starting and doing the long loading screen when the cinematic starts before getting the menu option. I have to alt tab to get the game to play but this rarely works as restoring the screen causes the issue to repeat. I have done all the tech steps, verified the driver install, scan and repair, etc but the issue remains. This had not been an issue until the most recent patch.
It became playable and now with the latest update the issues remains; the moment the game starts the animation screen it drops to the task bar, touch it there or alt tab brings it back only to drop to the task bar again. I do he scan and repair, and same. It is now unplayable.

Also, if you are using an Nvidia video card the latest drivers, 551.23, will crash the game. At least it did on mine so I had to rollback and everything is fine again.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements