• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

I'm pretty sure this game is anti-rusher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else noticed this?

In every CoD ever made, even the abomination that Ghosts was, I was able to play very aggressively. Yet despite the exo-suits, this game seems to favor passive play. I rush I'm lucky if I get 30 kills…I play passively I get 50 - 70 kills and few deaths.

The SMGs, the go to rushing weapons, are not very good.

The ARs, the 2nd go to rusher weapons, are decent but don't seem effective unless playing defensively.

Sleight of hand is gone and fast mags is barely worth using.

The spawns are so unpredictable it's not uncommon to have a good streak ended because the person you just killed respawns behind you.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
What?

If anything, CODAW supports rushers! Think of those Exo Abilities like Slide, Dash, and Dodge! Those abilities support rushers. I almost felt like I was playing DMC or Mega Man X with those moves... I see a lot of creative gameplay with CODAW, but people aren't utilizing them!

The only thing I ever agree with you on is the spawn points. You can be killed by a respawn or be killed from behind. Either way, the spawn system needs re-work in CODAW.

What?

If anything, CODAW supports rushers! Think of those Exo Abilities like Slide, Dash, and Dodge! Those abilities support rushers. I almost felt like I was playing DMC or Mega Man X with those moves... I see a lot of creative gameplay with CODAW, but people aren't utilizing them!

The only thing I ever agree with you on is the spawn points. You can be killed by a respawn or be killed from behind. Either way, the spawn system needs re-work in CODAW.

It doesn't explain why nearly everyone on there plays like a scared child.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
They have always been scared. Campers, lagswitchers, cheaters, all of them. But CODAW supports rushers, that's how it was supposed to be designed.

I always thought that CODAW would have discouraged camping because everyone would be jumping, shooting each other, just busy trying to destroy each other. So, if you see a camper, take the free kill. They don't really win.

This has been a long standing trend among people who are satisfied with having good stats and don't care about anything else. There have been players like this since COD 4. With the player base of COD growing, so does this sort of niche of people who don't mind staring the same way for 2 minutes of game time waiting for that 1 free kill.
Pubstomping is what most people call it. Going into public matches playing it likes it's an MLG championship match. They'll try to never confront you head on, always have the upper hand, have greater numbers than you (the butt buddy system), and use the easiest cheapest methods to kill you/win.
It makes the game boring, nothing exciting will ever happen in matches with these people and somehow they are content with this. My friends and I have always called these people the cancer of COD.

Advanced Warfare has the largest number of these types of players, aside from the player base growing correlation, Advanced Warfare has also made it easier for these type of people to flourish. Map design (not in Classic modes though), assault rifles (certain elites of every single assault rifle are ridiculous in stats), exo abilities like the shield, cloak and stim, slightly longer time to kill (numbers/group advantage), terrible spawn system, connection which is still an issue (even with 3 updates), etc.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
This has been a long standing trend among people who are satisfied with having good stats and don't care about anything else. There have been players like this since COD 4. With the player base of COD growing, so does this sort of niche of people who don't mind staring the same way for 2 minutes of game time waiting for that 1 free kill.
Exactly this.
It makes the game boring, nothing exciting will ever happen in matches with these people and somehow they are content with this. My friends and I have always called these people the cancer of COD.
I'm with you guys, count me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements