• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

PS4/Xbox One

Knoxtane

Kaos Ambassador
$5 a month to play the PS4 online, $60 a year...what's the difference? $799.00 for launch edition, $650.00 for standard edition $450.00 for standard at gamestop...Same graphics we see on PS3, only improvement graphically are the trailers.R.I.P Sony Playstation

Xbox ONE - Requires internet to play single-player and multi-player (Might be removed) also WILL NOT play used games.

R.I.P Microsoft Xbox...Hell, R.I.P Console Gaming.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
$5 a month to play the PS4 online, $60 a year...what's the difference? $799.00 for launch edition, $650.00 for standard edition $450.00 for standard at gamestop...Same graphics we see on PS3, only improvement graphically are the trailers.R.I.P Sony Playstation
Those aren't official prices. The only MSRP'd model is the standard one at $499. Retailers are free to make their own prices for consoles, and/or bundles. So, if you don't like those prices, don't buy it from GameStop.

$5 per month equals $60 dollars a year - but Xbox 360 owners have been paying that much for Xbox Live Gold every year..

And the graphics aren't the same - some of the 3rd party launch titles are, to be sure, but somewhere down the road, you'll see the difference. KillZone: Shadow Fall is the "showcase" game for PS4...
View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezTaAExI-FU

I'm most excited about... TitanFall, but it's timed exclusive to Xbox One. The game is being developed by the same folks that did Call of Duty 4 and MW2...
View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzYDrzk1xs4
Xbox ONE - Requires internet to play single-player and multi-player (Might be removed) also WILL NOT play used games.
Some of those policies have been reversed. However, I do believe that M$ will try to ease the policies back into Xbox One at some point when the controversy wanes.
R.I.P Microsoft Xbox...Hell, R.I.P Console Gaming.
I would think "R.I.P Microsoft Xbox" too, but not console gaming. I mean, this is an industry that survived the recession... We'll have some kind of video game crash, just not at the scale of the 1980's crash.

Knoxtane

Kaos Ambassador
I still don't think I'll be getting next-gen even when they turn the PS3 PSN off, I'll still singleplayer those games. I just don't see anything worth buying with the PS4 or Xbox One.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I still don't think I'll be getting next-gen even when they turn the PS3 PSN off, I'll still singleplayer those games. I just don't see anything worth buying with the PS4 or Xbox One.
PS3 was pretty similar in launch lineup. It was not only two years later, there were more games available. But with PS4 we have more indies, and more developer support. Therefore, we'll have more games out by early 2015, because of even more fan support to the console than PS3. By the time PS4 has a lot of developer support, you can expect 500 games by the end of 2015. Around that number. If not more. My point is that PS4 has more support than PS3 did.

Ink-Blot

Recruit
Gotcha. I was planning on getting a PS4 this month myself. I have a question concerning the PS4, perhaps you can answer... Let's assume that ALL of my PS3 games (24) will "upgrade" to a PS4 version (or whatever). All of my data on my PS3 is backed-up via PlayStation Plus. If I sign in to PSN via my PS4 and use a PS4 version of a game I already own (PS3) will my data transfer? Or will I have to start over for every game I have data backed up for?

Sorry, I tad off topic. :D

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Gotcha. I was planning on getting a PS4 this month myself. I have a question concerning the PS4, perhaps you can answer... Let's assume that ALL of my PS3 games (24) will "upgrade" to a PS4 version (or whatever). All of my data on my PS3 is backed-up via PlayStation Plus. If I sign in to PSN via my PS4 and use a PS4 version of a game I already own (PS3) will my data transfer? Or will I have to start over for every game I have data backed up for?

Sorry, I tad off topic. :D
Your current CODGhosts stats - All the stats you have now will all transfer. The only thing that won't transfer (obviously) is your game saves - so you'll have to beat the single player over again. But your multiplayer stats are not reset when you move to PS4, even if you do that upgrade route.

But as far as the other games in your PS+ account/PS3 saves - no. PS4 itself isn't backward compatible. Meaning you won't be able to play your current PS3 games, so keep that machine in hand somewhere in your house.

The only games you CAN "upgrade" are the ones that you bought this fall - more info here: http://us.playstation.com/digitalupgrade/?psu=0
And here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/19/how-to-upgrade-select-ps3-games-to-their-ps4-versions/

Like CODForums!

Advertisements