• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Rant: Modern Warfare II Cheaters and Activison

I made an account on here solely for the purpose of ranting about the disaster that is Modern Warfare II. I'm aware that other users have made similar posts, but I just want to give my ten cents and tell you about my experience with the game.

After a little break, I got back into Modern Warfare II a few months ago. I had a lot of fun, got good camos, and did a little bit of ranked play.

In the pass two weeks or so, I have had a terrible time playing this game, for the following reasons:

- Cheaters in a large minority of ranked matches. 20-25% of all ranked matches I play are filled with aimbot and wall cheat users. They aren't even trying to hide it. No silent aim users or anything like that, literally just blatant cheating. Despite multiple reports, Activision seems to do nothing about this. Activision also doesn't refund SR lost from losing to hackers. With so many hackers, the rate at which you progress in ranked is little to none.

- Shadow bans and "shadow lobbies". Normal players who aren't even cheating are getting banned or placed in lobbies with other cheaters for no reason at all. If you are an above-average player, Activision punishes you for being good at the game by forcing you to play with cheaters. I played Shipment 24/7 for a few hours today. Not a single lobby was composed of 100% legit players. Every single time there was AT LEAST one player BLATANTLY cheating. I can't even enjoy the game.

- Activision REFUSES to address the cheating and shadow ban issues. I reached out to Activision multiple times. Social media, email, support tickets. Not a single Activision representative would agree to speak with me about ANYTHING related to the issues mentioned above. Not one.

There isn't even really a point in playing anymore. I can't play ranked because Activision can't even do the bare minimum and provide compensation for rounds lost due to cheaters. I can't play casual matches either because every single match is filled with blatant cheaters.

If you've experienced anything like this, please reply to this post, as I would like to see how many others are encountering issues like this.

I just really hope they get their shit together if they plan on releasing a game this year. I would love to play a new Call of Duty this year, but if Activision can't at least address this issue or make any sort of public statement acknowledging how terribly this situation is being handled, I'm not sure how I would feel about giving them my money this fall.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
- Shadow bans and "shadow lobbies". Normal players who aren't even cheating are getting banned or placed in lobbies with other cheaters for no reason at all. If you are an above-average player, Activision punishes you for being good at the game by forcing you to play with cheaters. I played Shipment 24/7 for a few hours today. Not a single lobby was composed of 100% legit players. Every single time there was AT LEAST one player BLATANTLY cheating. I can't even enjoy the game.
I've been feeling this way since Season 1. I dropped the game long before everyone else. I realized this early on in the launch window of Modern Warfare II...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE733K1DCH8

I'm posting this video, to show you that rule of 3 was broken by the time I reached 3rd match. The algorithm wants you to lose on the 2nd match, so you end up miserable because you performed "poorly." (Robot's view.) But when you win on the second match, your 3rd match is far worse because they're forcing you to lose. At least that's how I feel. My connection is fine, and I got HORRENDOUS lag no matter what I did. I laid down, camped my ass off, like the developers wanted me to... I mean, what. the. fuck.

I've been feeling this way since Season 1. I dropped the game long before everyone else. I realized this early on in the launch window of Modern Warfare II...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE733K1DCH8

I'm posting this video, to show you that rule of 3 was broken by the time I reached 3rd match. The algorithm wants you to lose on the 2nd match, so you end up miserable because you performed "poorly." (Robot's view.) But when you win on the second match, your 3rd match is far worse because they're forcing you to lose. At least that's how I feel. My connection is fine, and I got HORRENDOUS lag no matter what I did. I laid down, camped my ass off, like the developers wanted me to... I mean, what. the. fuck.
That is ridiculous. It seems like everyone who is at least halfway decent at the game is getting shit on by Activision. The SBMM has literally gotten to the point where it has ruined the game entirely. There's no good or bad players, and they want everyone to have a perfect 1 K/D.

Activision, if you stumble across this somehow:

LISTEN TO YOUR COMMUNITY, WE WANT TO HAVE FUN AGAIN.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements