• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

The Setting

In which era/setting do you think the next Call of Duty will take place?

• World War 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • World War 2

• World War 3

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Vietnam

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Korea

• American Civil War

• Modern Warfare

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason

Recruit
Call of Duty: World at War’s senior producer Noah Heller, in an interview with the Official UK Xbox Magazine had this to say about the future direction of Treyarch’s Call of Duty releases:

“I won’t let your readers read into the comment too much, but we are showing the final battles of the Pacific and the European Theatre and that lets us put a close to the war. I’m sure game companies will be making World War II games for years to come and World War II is a very classic war. But we’re happy that we put the war to bed.”

So what does that mean? Are Treyarch planning on following in the footsteps of Infinity Ward and bringing us a modern combat game? Or are they going to take us in a different direction? WWI, Vietnam, the USSR? The list of suggestions goes on.

It has been rumoured that Activision has been working on acquiring licenses for Vietnam War era music, but this is purely speculation.

What do you think and hope? I will throw a poll up, and you can let your thoughts be known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements