• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Any Call of Duty: WWII impressions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
So, Call of Duty: WWII was released today. Have you played Call of Duty: WWII, yet? Where did you start first? Single Player? Nazi Zombies? Multiplayer?

Any first impressions? Final thoughts?

Toxic34

Recruit
I have been watching theRadBrad's playthrough of the game, especially to see if it is worth buying. I must say that it is thoroughly impressive. It is as much of a return to roots as you can get, not just by reviving healthpacks, but in bringing back the humor that the original games were known for. The environments are impressive, and the narrative is surprisingly gripping. I also can't help but sense a great inspiration from recent films such as Hacksaw Ridge and Dunkirk. Without a doubt, this game will be thoroughly successful with the critics and in sales. But, I do not foresee any more ground worth covering in WWII after this title. I think, for COD to do successful non-futuristic titles, they should follow Battlefield 1's lead in covering WWI. Titles covering the whole of Vietnam would also be appreciated, since that war has yet to get a truly worthy title. Korea and Desert Storm would also work. We also know from Medal of Honor that the War on Terror is worthy of attention in a manner that is not simply blatant jingoistic propaganda. I still hold out hope that Ghosts and Advanced Warfare will be finished in some fashion, and that other original narratives can emerge. Activision and the developers must remember that variety is the spice of life...and death.

GTK48

Recruit
Vietnam IMHO is not a place that I would want as a Game. The War was way to controversial and should be best forgotten.

Knoxtane

Kaos Ambassador
So far, I love the game! I've only played one Campaign mission and survived 12 rounds of zombie, most of my time has been in Multiplayer. I haven't felt this solid type of MP since Call of Duty: Black Ops 1.

A few things I'd like for them to nerf.
1. PPSH-41 (Feels like I'm playing Call of Duty: PPSH-41 Edition)
2. Combat Shotgun

Other than those two things, I honestly can't complain. I love the game! so far, $100 USD well spent!!

JusZenTFN

Banned
The server instability and constant connectivity issues are absolutely pathetic for a game that has the kind of support that this game has and it has drastically swayed my view on the game because when it comes down to the actual gameplay, I'm actually really enjoying it.

Knoxtane

Kaos Ambassador
What did you spend the additional $40 for?

@Toxic34

I purchased the Pro Edition, which came with a steel book case, season pass, zombies camp and Call of Duty: Endownment bonuses (which is a program that supports and hires military veterans)

Also, because I’m a regular at my local GameStop, I got a free Call of Duty: WWII lanyard.

Attachments

• 16EF7011-61A8-45CC-A923-7AAEB5B8CEE5.jpeg
    16EF7011-61A8-45CC-A923-7AAEB5B8CEE5.jpeg
    738.4 KB · Views: 1

GTK48

Recruit
The server instability and constant connectivity issues are absolutely pathetic for a game that has the kind of support that this game has and it has drastically swayed my view on the game because when it comes down to the actual gameplay, I'm actually really enjoying it.
They are working on that.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I beat the Single Player campaign. An absolute masterpiece. The game has a lot of attention to detail. Even the Nazi buildings are gorgeous. It's obvious the developers put a lot of time, and care to every single little detail in the game. Even the interactions are too close to reality. You learn how Germans in those days talk to each other. You may even learn some German words. Like, for example "fuck you" sounds different in German.

I knew Sledgehammer Games were a bunch of great talents, but daaaaamn. Car chases are awesome. Missions are awesome. With WW2, I've earned a lot of respect for ...bolt action rifles. I never used bolt actions in any Call of Duty title, but in here...? I used it for sniping even the furthest away from me the enemy was, especially in towers. I don't know if it's my TV or not, but I could see the tiny heads. :p

Congratulations, Michael Condrey and Glen Schofield! Excellent game!

I dabbled into Nazi Zombies, and the multiplayer. I need to get used to this game now.

JusZenTFN

Banned
I've beaten the campaign on Recruit or whatever, definitely was a fun campaign. I like to play through on the easiest difficulty to enjoy the story and now it's time to beat it on Veteran. I'm about to prestige on MP and haven't went into zombies yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements