• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Does anyone know how to play Plunder properly?

DamagedHot

Recruit
I'm fed up of randoms who think getting kills or contracts is how you win - it really isn't.

Dropped in with 3 randoms last night, they ping an Intel contract. Fine, all 3 go do it and get 50k upon completion.
At which point I have 180k in my bag just from hitting crates.
End of game, I've opened 40+ crates with over 900k and 1 kill. They have 8 kills between them and less than 300k in cash between the 3 of them.
I despair. Just go play WZ ffs.

I used to have a squad, we had hundreds of wins on Verdansk, thousands of 2nds and 3rds.

Simple rules for an easy win on Plunder:

You do not enter the same building as somebody else on your team. Why would you? That's just spreading the cash thin, following a squadmate means you get next to nothing.

You spread out. Within support distance but not so you're stealing crates from each other.

You shoot in defence, but you don't hunt people for kills. But if you do kill somebody, of course you loot them.

Crates are the priority, because money wins the game.

Activate a bounty by all means, but let others poach it. It's free money. Ignore all other contracts as the reward isn't worth the time.

Bank! Whether balloon or helicopter, bank your cash to make it safe. Running around with 500k is not a good move.

Crates are the priority, because money wins the game.

Would love to put together a UK Plunder squad who actually know how to play the mode for the win, rather than kills or sniping.
Plunder is very easy to win when a squad is all on the same page.
It's very easy to lose when you rely on randoms who really should play Resurgence or TDM.

I'm fed up of randoms who think getting kills is how you win - it really isn't.

All depends on how it's done.
On Al Mazrah, me and 3 randoms went to the tallest building in the city. We never left that spot and got lots of kills, cash and the win.
If you avoid other players, it makes it boring when you just go for crate after crate.
Also, go after the money kings for big rewards. There's a reason that was added to the mini map.

DamagedHot

Recruit
All depends on how it's done.
On Al Mazrah, me and 3 randoms went to the tallest building in the city. We never left that spot and got lots of kills, cash and the win.
If you avoid other players, it makes it boring when you just go for crate after crate.
Also, go after the money kings for big rewards. There's a reason that was added to the mini map.

How did you get the cash if you were atop a building, sniping presumably?

I'm not saying avoid the enemy entirely, more don't go hunting for them because the rewards don't justify the risk.
Fight when you're shot at and fight to win, but it's not a strategy to get consistent wins.

How did you get the cash if you were atop a building, sniping presumably?

I'm not saying avoid the enemy entirely, more don't go hunting for them because the rewards don't justify the risk.
Fight when you're shot at and fight to win, but it's not a strategy to get consistent wins.
The more cash we got from dead players, the more it made us targets. More bodies, more money. None of us were sniping as the bodies came to us.
But you also got to remember, just how fun is it to go crate to crate to crate? I have more fun with a good squad getting into big fire fights.

DamagedHot

Recruit
The more cash we got from dead players, the more it made us targets. More bodies, more money. None of us were sniping as the bodies came to us.
But you also got to remember, just how fun is it to go crate to crate to crate? I have more fun with a good squad getting into big fire fights.

How did you get the cash if you were atop a building? You have to loot bodies to get the cash they were carrying

Your last sentence says it all - I have more fun with a good squad getting into big fire fights.
Why play Plunder at all? Resurgence is more your thing if you want firefights.
All you're doing is losing the match for your squad if you're randomed up.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements