• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Activision announces Skill Based Matchmaking (SBMM) Schema

Activision took to their official Call of Duty Blog, to discuss and have a dialogue about Skill Based Matchmaking (SBMM) process. They detailed a list of processes of how Skill Based Matchmaking works, and what it entails when you get into a Call of Duty lobby and/or match. [Source] The process of how SBMM works in Call of Duty in TL;DR format is the following, and it is from Activision themselves:

1. CONNECTION – As the community will attest, Ping is King. Connection is the most critical and heavily weighted factor in the matchmaking process.

2. TIME TO MATCH – This factor is the second most critical to the matchmaking process. We all want to spend time playing the game rather than waiting for matches to start.

3. The following factors are also critical to the matchmaking process:

· PLAYLIST DIVERSITY – The number of playlists available for players to choose from.

· RECENT MAPS/MODES – Considering maps you have recently played on as well as your mode preferences, editable in Quick Play settings.

· SKILL/PERFORMANCE– This is used to give our players – a global community with a wide skill range – the opportunity to have an impact in every match.

· INPUT DEVICE – Controller or mouse and keyboard.

· PLATFORM – The device (PC, Console) that you are playing on.

· VOICE CHAT – Enabled or disabled.

CoDSBMMProcessJan2024.jpg

nino

Recruit
Match Making is still not working, or i understand it not right. Every game the members im playing loosing with 6-8 kills on average, the other teams allways got 50 kills on average.
What should an beginner learn when he is killed 3 second after spawn. By the way, the spawn are terrible.
worst match making ever seen.

And everytime there is 1 or 2 players kills all. so other players leave the games.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Match Making is still not working, or i understand it not right. Every game the members im playing loosing with 6-8 kills on average, the other teams allways got 50 kills on average.
What should an beginner learn when he is killed 3 second after spawn. By the way, the spawn are terrible.
worst match making ever seen.

And everytime there is 1 or 2 players kills all. so other players leave the games.
F.Y.I. Spawns have nothing to do with the matchmaking. Spawns and "Spawn matching" = separate. I'm just saying this to alleviate confusion.

SammyBull

Recruit
pc players are always at disadvantage vs a controller with aim assist. Matchmaking does not take that in consoderation. I am aware that console players are more in numbers, but not 1 to 10 like the average lobby I enter every round. Me on PC vs 9 players with huge OP aim assist on console. That will never change, as they will always have a pay to win aim assist integrated, very buffed one, in my opinion.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements