• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Addications

xXInfectedXx

Recruit
Do you have any addictions, if what to? Gambling, drugs, or alcohol? Are you planning to quit? Here is some advice:
  • Plan a date on your calendar when your going to Quit.
  • Gain professional/medical advice from your local GP.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Alcohol isn't a bad addiction. Of course, if you go overboard by becoming an alcoholic, then yeah, it's bad. Otherwise, it's supposed to make you happy, it's supposed to ease your well being.

Gambling isn't bad, you just need to have the right amount of money to lose (ahem, burn), and you have to know how to play the game, and understand that it's either pure luck, or you can calculate your next move. There are two movies that reflect this. ("21" and "The Gambler")

In the Gambler, a teacher drowns himself into debt, only to say "fuck you" to the debt collector because that's the point of it all. You gotta watch "The Gambler," because the guy who collects the debt gave one of the best acting "quotes" you can find when it comes to gambling. I don't remember what he said, but it was fucking brilliant. The actor doing the scene should've gotten an award for that. Brilliant.

Now, drugs is a whole 'nother ballgame. It's as advertised. Once you drown yourself into drugs, there's no going back. That is, until or if you plan to quit. Otherwise, once you drown yourself into that abyss, there's no going back.

JusZenTFN

Banned
Alcohol isn't a bad addiction. Of course, if you go overboard by becoming an alcoholic, then yeah, it's bad. Otherwise, it's supposed to make you happy, it's supposed to ease your well being.

If you're addicted to alcohol, you're most likely an alcoholic and it is very bad. I've seen it ruin lives and entire families up close and personal.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
If you're addicted to alcohol, you're most likely an alcoholic and it is very bad. I've seen it ruin lives and entire families up close and personal.
I can see how you would see it that way, but addiction is like a hobby. The difference is that the addiction is "I like this." While being alcoholic means you all you drink everyday is alcohol (I'm reaching, but the point remains.)

If you drink alcohol every day, and not putting ANYTHING inside your body other than wine, "shots" or beer, it will ruin your life. Not only because you need food and water, you also need to be mentally sound. If you have some vices like sodas, and juice, they're fine, but as long as you don't make it an addiction. Soda for another example is bad for you. I'm trying to stay away from sodas.

People don't get that you need moderation in EVERYTHING.

JusZenTFN

Banned
Yes, moderation is key in everything. Even too much water can hurt you.

Addiction isn't like a hobby though, a hobby is something you enjoy which an addiction can start as I guess but an addiction is something you need. Gaming is my hobby, but situations don't arise if I can't game for a certain period of time whereas when someone is addicted to something, that becomes their sole focus.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements