• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Advanced Warfare has a "speed-reload" option that loses ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoIsDo

Recruit
There's an interesting reload mechanic in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare that I didn't know about until today. After doing a bit of searching, I've found that there's a "quick-reload" option in Advanced Warfare.

By double tapping the reload button, you'll throw away your current current magazine & load up a new one more quickly than normal. You can still opt for the traditional reload method by just tapping the reload button once, and you'll retain your ammo. The trade-off is that one will be a bit quicker than the other, which should prove useful in firefights.

This is not penalizing players for reloading when they still have ammunition in a magazine. That's something that I'd love to see added in hardcore modes (or at least a toggle), but that doesn't appear to be in the Call of Duty series just yet.

What do you think about the speed/quick reload versus the standard option? I think it's interesting and should prove for a useful tactic when you're in a few tricky situations. I assume there's a perk for faster reloading already (like Sleight of Hand) that would work in combination, so it'll be interesting for sure.

JamesGames

Prestige
OK, so if we use the normal reload time, we don't lose any ammo, but if we use the "quicker" reload mechanic we lose ammunition?

How is that suppose to work? :confused:

JusZenTFN

Banned
With the time per life being quite low.. even if you're playing good I feel like this is the only thing I would do. I don't feel like I would run out of ammo.

Grim

Prestige
With the time per life being quite low.. even if you're playing good I feel like this is the only thing I would do. I don't feel like I would run out of ammo.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly. The option is gonna be really nice to have but I would only use it in certain situations that called for it.

Jimmah

Recruit

Although I agree with you. I fear this will be a bit different after the games is in full swing. I can see a lot of " I die too quickly" threads coming very soon..

JusZenTFN

Banned
Although I agree with you. I fear this will be a bit different after the games is in full swing. I can see a lot of " I die too quickly" threads coming very soon..
That's my point. You die fast so it doesn't matter if you lose those extra bullets.

Jimmah

Recruit
That's my point. You die fast so it doesn't matter if you lose those extra bullets.
I worded it wrong.
I'm not holding my breath on the TTK I've seen so far. I believe it will be nerfed not long after release, as usual people will complain they die too quickly.

Grim

Prestige
I worded it wrong.
I'm not holding my breath on the TTK I've seen so far. I believe it will be nerfed not long after release, as usual people will complain they die too quickly.

Sadly, this is probably the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements