• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Audio Bug: COD: CW; On PC Voice chat - No Audio In or Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

John3:16

Recruit
Ok. I've reinstalled Cold War because of audio issues. The issue is that I cannot hear when people speak nor does my own microphone work. My Test Mic function in-game doesn't note that any audible sound is coming from my mic, despite it working just fine in Warzone and so I reinstalled the game. It worked for a day. It doesn't work anymore. I have no clue whatsoever why it won't work. I've scoured the Audio settings. Test Mic function works just fine on my PC Sound Settings as well as on Blizzard Voice Settings, even on Modern Warfare. It doesn't work AT ALL on Cold War. People's names will pop up as they speak through theirs, but I can't hear a work they say. My mic pops up to me but my friends will confirm via text that they cannot hear me. I don't understand it. I hate it. It's pissing me off to the point that I regret getting the game. Wonder when it's going to be fixed. Wish I could do more... It is not on my end at all.

Recruit
If you're on PC and your Voice Chat works can you please tell me. I feel like maybe I can grab an audio file from you - idk.

Recruit
Ok so I've come as far as figuring out it's probably because the game is downloaded on an external hard drive. After reinstalling it again I got as far as the lobby of a friend's party and mic in and out both worked. I decided to exit the game and disconnect to then reconnect the external hard drive to see if it was stable and upon this I discovered that the mic was short lived. After reconnecting my External Hard Drive which hosts COD:CW it didn't work in the lobby anymore, but I did hear him still. In audio settings the Test Mic function actually was still picking up my voice but for whatever reason my friend wasn't able to hear it. Once the Zombie game started it turned out that my friend's voice stopped being heard and not only that but also the Test Mic function was stagnant and stopped working altogether.

Elykson343

Recruit
I have the same issue, but i mainly use discord for VoIP so it doesn't really matter too much good to know its my external hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements