• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

DMZ Battle.net: Warzone-free update to CoD War. II - Missing promotion for DMZ

Sonnyside

Recruit
Hi everyone this is my first post.

I took up Battlenet's offer to upgrade Warzone-free to CoD Warzone II for the promotion shown here in the banner.
All at the cost of €34.99.

The game has been updated and works, but I have no confirmation of the '300,000 $ + 15 slots' promotion in the game, everything remained at default in DMZ.

I asked Battlenet for info but they just advised me to look around the forums and see if anyone knows how to do it to activate the offer in this screenshot.

Attachments

• 4acorret.jpg
    4acorret.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 3

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I vaguely remember that most items that were in DMZ are not being carried over anywhere beyond MWII. DMZ is not getting any support. Its currently a paperweight.

Sorry.

I quote: "We would like to thank the entire community for their support and continued feedback on the DMZ Beta. Infinity Ward and all the development teams who contributed to the creation of DMZ are incredibly proud and delighted to see the enthusiasm and participation that you’ve shown since its release, and to see so many players pouring into the MWZ mode in Modern Warfare III, which has many DMZ-inspired gameplay aspects within it.

Beginning with next week’s launch of Season 1, DMZ Beta players can continue the mode via the Call of Duty: Warzone section of COD HQ. The DMZ Beta will remain fully playable across all current DMZ content, including Al Mazrah, Ashika Island, the Koschei Complex, Building 21, Vondel, as well as all DMZ missions. The mode will not be available or interact directly within Modern Warfare III or Call of Duty: Warzone which means that progression and any new Modern Warfare III or Warzone content, including Battle Pass or store bundles, will not sync or carry back into this DMZ mode. Also, DMZ progress will not apply to new Battle Passes beginning with Season 1.

We recognize that not having cross progression with Modern Warfare III and Warzone may be frustrating for some players, but we felt now was the time to take all the learnings from the Beta that we could apply toward future development efforts as we evolve this style of play. We also know that many players still enjoy the mode and wanted to ensure that everybody can keep playing, which is why we are keeping a variety of content available.

Going forward, development teams will continue to evolve these dynamic open world experiences into the future. We look forward to sharing updates when ready."

Source: Call of Duty Blog Post

Sonnyside

Recruit
Hi, thanks for your interest, but it doesn't explain the issue (IMHO)..
I'll summarize it.

1) I had Warzone-free where I purchased weapons. I used to play DMZ a lot

2) A few days ago I received a promotion* for DMZ: '300,000 $ + 15 slots' which it offers me
to upgrade Warzone-free to CoD II which always has DMZ.The cost is €34.99.

Upgrading to Cod II works. DMZ works. There is no promotion* for DMZ: everything is default:
$100,000 + 20 slots.

Without this promo* for DMZ, I wouldn't have upgraded to CoD II.

I sent my report and the requested files to Activision support, I'll see what they can do
so as not to disappoint a customer.
Thanks.Bye.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Hi, thanks for your interest, but it doesn't explain the issue (IMHO)..
I'll summarize it.

1) I had Warzone-free where I purchased weapons. I used to play DMZ a lot
I read what you said, bro. It doesn't matter if you played a lot.
2) A few days ago I received a promotion* for DMZ: '300,000 $ + 15 slots' which it offers me
to upgrade Warzone-free to CoD II which always has DMZ.The cost is €34.99.
Yeah, but what you bought won't GO anywhere is what I'm saying. Read what they said. That quote is STRAIGHT from Activision themselves. That blog is their official communication. They're saying all support for DMZ, is done.
Upgrading to Cod II works. DMZ works. There is no promotion* for DMZ: everything is default:
$100,000 + 20 slots.

Without this promo* for DMZ, I wouldn't have upgraded to CoD II.

I sent my report and the requested files to Activision support, I'll see what they can do
so as not to disappoint a customer.
Thanks.Bye.
Good luck, but I'm not holding my breath for a refund.

Sonnyside

Recruit
I played al lot = The game worked fine, without problems.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
After reading my DxDiag and MSInfo files, an Activision technician informed me via email to update several drvs. via nVidia. Let's see how it goes. Bye. And thanks.

Sonnyside

Recruit
Yesterday I received the following explanation from support Activision:

I checked what you explained, but it seems that the promotion is to unlock Crown Faction, it has
some challenges that give you a chance to get these upgrades (300,000 wallet size, over 15
weapon slot) but it doesn't unlock the instant one.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements