• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Call of Duty: United Offensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilroy

Recruit
Hey everyone,

Not sure if there are any retro gamers out there, but lately this very old Call of Duty entry has been making a comeback. "United Offensive" is an expansion to the original CoD 1, but it is the same game as CoD 1 at its core and regarding the gameplay mechanics. If you aren't familiar with the game, check out this recent gameplay video here. It also includes an expansive game mode called "Base Assault", which plays a lot of Battle Field. This is a 5 minute clip of what that looks like.

The game is available on Steam for Windows. CoD 1 is required to play, so it is recommended to get the "Warchest" bundle that includes UO for only $30.

The reason I'm posting is because I'm just curious to see how many players in the modern day CoD community are familiar with this game. A lot of CoD games have died or been forgotten, but this one has been played since 2004. I think part of the reason is because there are literally thousands of modded maps that keep the gameplay very fresh and dynamic. I think there are even still a few guys out there making new modded maps to this day.

If you haven't heard of or played this game, does it look interesting? The servers have a pretty tight community culture and even their own forums (example). A lot of returning players on a daily basis. Many of them use a voice chat feature through an app called Discord.

Personally, I've played a lot of Warzone, but I like to revisit this game from time to time. I've been noticing the player base is surprisingly expanding a bit, so I wanted to open a discussion here. I'd be curious to hear if any of you have interest in trying it out, or maybe you have some old memories of this era of CoD.

Let me know what you think!

Kilroy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements