• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Download Black Ops Cold War now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseowl

Recruit
It's a PS4 exclusive, you got my hopes up too. :(
Yikes! Didn’t realise! Are you still gonna stick to the pc version when It’s out? Just wondered!

@ carlos
The reason why my post has been moved is cos l know better! Lmao! I put it in modern warfare because that’s how l found out about it. I also thought more people would see it where l put it.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Yikes! Didn’t realise! Are you still gonna stick to the pc version when It’s out? Just wondered!
My only console is an XBox 360 which is still great for watching Netflix in bed, so yeah, PC it is, unless they bring it out on XBox 360, but I can't see that happening even with Cross Gen support.

@ carlos
The reason why my post has been moved is cos l know better! Lmao! I put it in modern warfare because that’s how l found out about it. I also thought more people would see it where l put it.
The What's new section covers all posts and you really should know better, maybe you need 5-minutes to take a time out on the naughty step.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
The What's new section covers all posts and you really should know better, maybe you need 5-minutes to take a time out on the naughty step.
Not only that, push notifications are there on Desktop (soft), and on Phones (where push is highlighted better). But yeah, people really should use "What's New." I don't, but I check all forums no matter which one. I do this to see it from YOUR perspective - your user experience is important to me. I'm not doing a good job if I don't.

And this won't really matter on the next update, you'll see why. I promise, it's going change how you see forums from phones. As a marketing guy myself, I can't wait for this update. It will explode traffic.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
I get this forum on Tapatalk, I don't know if that's the best way though and the ads in Tapatalk are starting to grind my gears so I might just go back to Chrome on my phone.

I don't use push notifications, I prefer to catch up when I have time to receiving alerts when I'm busy.

As for my user experience, your efforts come across and the experience is good the only issues I get with this forum are due to FBKAC (Fault between keyboard and chair) oh, and my inability to type at the speed at which I think!

And an edit feature would be most welcome, just saying ;)

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I get this forum on Tapatalk, I don't know if that's the best way though and the ads in Tapatalk are starting to grind my gears so I might just go back to Chrome on my phone.
I kept Tapatalk because some people like that "Native App" feel, but the downside to having Tapatalk is the ads. Tapatalk also brings in new users because there's a search engine inside Tapatalk, on top of working with Google for ranking.

I don't entirely like Tapatalk. I have my issues with Tapatalk. But I'm curious how Tapatalk will respond with their next update. xenForo 2.2 supports PWA, and will give you the option of putting a home icon on your phone - meaning you'll get push notification on the actual home screen. Just like any other app. If Tapatalk works with the idea, not around the idea, I'll keep it. If they are trying to work around it, I will just make an executive decision to remove it from all my forums. I can put the PWA version on app stores like Google's App Store (like I said, traffic surge.) I could do it right now with Tapatalk, but I don't think paying $x amount for premium is worth it. At some point, I just may decide to do it if I have enough capital (money) to put it on Apple Store.
I don't use push notifications, I prefer to catch up when I have time to receiving alerts when I'm busy.

As for my user experience, your efforts come across and the experience is good the only issues I get with this forum are due to FBKAC (Fault between keyboard and chair) oh, and my inability to type at the speed at which I think!
Nice to know. :)

Wiseowl

Recruit
My only console is an XBox 360 which is still great for watching Netflix in bed, so yeah, PC it is, unless they bring it out on XBox 360, but I can't see that happening even with Cross Gen support.

Lmao! Yep, that’s me sometimes l don’t mind being a little naughty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements