• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Warzone Hit detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
Pay attention to what he's saying. Framerates don't really matter. It has multiple layers of problems.

You press a button, it goes, but on-screen the action is delayed because of the screen's input lag. Then you also have to realize that there's also syncing issues between the game you're playing and the server. Microsoft is trying to
age, and frames, but the audio was delayed by seconds.

eliminate this in Xbox Series X, Sony is doing the same with PS5.

The best way to see this in real time is livestreams, and livestreaming. Just this morning I saw a livestream (Summer Fest), and it lagged... I could see the im

This is also why they play ESports tournaments in person so the
Im the only xbox player in this post, the other players are on pc I believe and Im not the one complaining about anything. I was just pointing something out. Stop putting all the blame on the game it could easily be your hardware giving you those problems period. You guys make it sound like this the game the planet that lags, what are you guys new to gaming, seriously? Grow up..

I've been playing CS since it came out. Hit detection and latency issues are not new. Some games are worse with it than others - the COD franchise has always been issues dating back to like the first Modern Warfare, which btw I played on Xbox.

This is absolutely not hardware related. It has to do with latency between two players and a server communicating data back and forth. Sometimes it works to your advantage when you're the peeker, sometimes you're the one dying when you thought you got behind cover but the server says nope.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Im the only xbox player in this post, the other players are on pc I believe and Im not the one complaining about anything. I was just pointing something out. Stop putting all the blame on the game it could easily be your hardware giving you those problems period. You guys make it sound like this the game the planet that lags, what are you guys new to gaming, seriously? Grow up..

*"you guys make it sound like this is the only game on the planet that lags"
It is sometimes the game [server went offline the other day], I was in a Warzone match where it lags, etc. Its sometimes your connection. But the thing PC players have to contend with is sync'ing issues between the monitor and what's really going on-screen. I'm just saying people need to realize there's more than one issue with what's happening on-screen, and the server. I blame the server most of the time, because I have good connections, yet when I clipped players, it doesn't register half of the shots I wanted to beam.

I'm a PS4 player.

RDSXV

Recruit
eliminate this in Xbox Series X, Sony is doing the same with PS5.

The best way to see this in real time is livestreams, and livestreaming. Just this morning I saw a livestream (Summer Fest), and it lagged... I could see the im

This is also why they play ESports tournaments in person so the

I've been playing CS since it came out. Hit detection and latency issues are not new. Some games are worse with it than others - the COD franchise has always been issues dating back to like the first Modern Warfare, which btw I played on Xbox.

This is absolutely not hardware related. It has to do with latency between two players and a server communicating data back and forth. Sometimes it works to your advantage when you're the peeker, sometimes you're the one dying when you thought you got behind cover but the server says nope.
There is always the possibility of it being a hardware or internet thing as well as it just being the game. The reason I keep saying this is because no matter the platform you are playing on it is common sense that not everyone is playing on the exact monitor or tv or with the same internet speeds.

It is sometimes the game [server went offline the other day], I was in a Warzone match where it lags, etc. Its sometimes your connection. But the thing PC players have to contend with is sync'ing issues between the monitor and what's really going on-screen. I'm just saying people need to realize there's more than one issue with what's happening on-screen, and the server. I blame the server most of the time, because I have good connections, yet when I clipped players, it doesn't register half of the shots I wanted to beam.

I'm a PS4 player.
Have you noticed i say it could be not is the problem

Last edited by a moderator:

*"you guys make it sound like this is the only game on the planet that lags"
well then considering I have ran MANY TESTS had my ISP guy come over EVERYTHING works perfect on my ISP. so once again, Don't think that a game can't have hit detection problems because they do. Go look at Apex Legends, They finally admitted it having a detection problem. have a nice day..

CMCFLYYY

Recruit

I'm a PS4 player.

This is not a thing. It's no different than your PS4 connecting to your TV, except gaming monitors have very low input lag while most TVs not.

There is always the possibility of it being a hardware or internet thing as well as it just being the game. The reason I keep saying this is because no matter the platform you are playing on it is common sense that not everyone is playing on the exact monitor or tv or with the same internet speeds

Repeat after me - hardware has nothing to do with network connection or latency issues. Yes PC players are all playing on different rigs, all that determines is what resolution you can play on, what graphics settings you're able to run, and what frames you get. AKA how nice the game looks vs how 1995 the game looks so you reach a playable FPS. By this logic, the XBox/PS4/TV setup is just another "rig" except that lots of people bought the same rig. It's no different than a PC build except it has inferior hardware.

Hardware has NOTHING to do with server-hosted netcode/latency issues.

RDSXV

Recruit
I get it now, i guess it doesnt matter because either way your both still trash at the game. Makes sense

lmao @ the repeat after me.
This is not a thing. It's no different than your PS4 connecting to your TV, except gaming monitors have very low input lag while most TVs not.

Repeat after me - hardware has nothing to do with network connection or latency issues. Yes PC players are all playing on different rigs, all that determines is what resolution you can play on, what graphics settings you're able to run, and what frames you get. AKA how nice the game looks vs how 1995 the game looks so you reach a playable FPS. By this logic, the XBox/PS4/TV setup is just another "rig" except that lots of people bought the same rig. It's no different than a PC build except it has inferior hardware.

Hardware has NOTHING to do with server-hosted netcode/latency issues.
Stop going off topic, I SAID FOR HIT DETECTION HARDWARE COULD BE A POSSIBILITY, learn to read

Nobody can control the game servers dumbass

I understood everything that was said by @CMCFLYYY. Excellent post, those are the kinds of posts I've wanted on this site for years. You guys are incredible people, posting in-depth posts and being positive to each other. Likes all around.
... Positive? you got jokes

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
I get it now, i guess it doesnt matter because either way your both still trash at the game. Makes sense

Now that sounds like a private match challenge to me.

Do we really need to resort to name-calling?

I understand you might be getting frustrated, but that's hardly going to help progress the conversation now, is it?

lmao @ the repeat after me.

Yep, that 1 tickled me too.

Stop going off topic, I SAID FOR HIT DETECTION HARDWARE COULD BE A POSSIBILITY, learn to read

I have found this thread to be a really interesting thread, we have had some fairly detailed explanations of a few things that I understood in part or have read for the first time here and it has put a really good context on what actually happens when I end up taking a fall in-game. (Of course, it doesn't really matter to me when I win a battle, I'm way too happy to care about how the server was on my side when I get a kill).

So far I have seen some detailed posts on why hardware doesn't matter because everything is polled at the server, now I would like to know what or why you think hardware could make a difference as I don't feel that there has been a strong enough or compelling argument to hold that corner.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private

Keep this attitude up, and I may just suspend you for a bit. And your jabs at me isn't going to help you. I'm the one with a ban hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements