• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

How did you guys react to Captain Price's "death" and how the game ended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewC

Recruit
I remember being SO into the game and into the story, I don't think I've ever been into a storyline as much as I was with CoD 4, for some reason I felt the "emotional" connection between Captain Price and Soap and at the same time I don't know why I felt really bad when Sergeant Griggs died trying to save me and then to top that the game moves on to Captain Price being shot and handing you his gun and then the medic giving up on him.

I got to say I'm a grown man and I've never been so emotionally affected by a video game hahaha.

What was your reaction to it? I'd love to hear other stories.

Halbit22

Recruit
Yes I am with you. Call of Duty 4 is hands down the best campaign I have ever played. The character's personality was so deep and meaningful that I actually became sad when he died. At the time, that ending was the best ending to a video game, according to everybody I had talked to.

Kumara

Recruit
Wow, this post hits the memory box. I think I was still a teen when this game came out and as being a teen I was a somewhat emotional wreck and for me video games took that away now back to the point of this thread, Damn. The campaign was good, so much better than the previous campaigns and maybe the ones after Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was alright but not as good. I too was emotionally attached probably because I get right into the game and think the character i'm playing is, is me. So I guess I connected to Price a tad too much and ended up bursting into tears when he died.

illusen

Recruit
The CoD 4 ending struck a cord for me. It was a near perfect ending. Best ending for a game in the genre by far.

RetJoSek

Recruit
CoD was considered by many just a plain FPS with no kind of story or anything; then CoD4 came along with hella awesome gameplay and graphics with an absolutely immense campaign. Although I new at the time that the game would be ground-breaking I didn't think the story would have any kind of emotional attachment and yet I really did feel genuine sadness at the end and I don't think the story could've been executed any better. I would say best storyline in any FPS games ever.

Melvin

Recruit
I cried. I'm not going to lie, but after seeing Captain price dead, it made me want to kill the guy some more. I never played a game like that where I wanted to kill someone so much. I completely agree with you guys when you say COD 4 was the turning point for the entire COD franchise. Before you played a game. Now, you became so immersed with the characters, that you start connecting to them. Hopefully the upcoming games will be the same to that. I'll definitely buy them.

AndrewC

Recruit
Haha, it's good to see others cried aswell and not just me, I didn't admit it on my first post but yes, I cried and now I don't feel that weird anymore, first and I think last videogame to make me cry, I've never been so into a game before.

icebloodz

Recruit
It made tear up a bit, Capt price was one hell of a soldier. The call of duty franchise was always held up in high regards as it immersed players into the games. The beauty and ugliness of war. The fight for injustice. The campaign deserves a replay just for the heck of it.

Arutea

Recruit
The ending for CoD4 was just perfect.

He kills Gaz and Price is almost Dead and as the helicopter starts to come down you have to shoot (Insert Terrorist name here) in the head and the rescue team just comes to save you guys.

It was beyond perfect.

apriapism

Recruit
I was really sad at the time, It's rare whenever I stop and have a shocked face from playing a video game, but this really did it for me.

GreenCamino

Recruit
I was pretty sad when Captain Price died. I loved him from the beginning of the game when he was mocking Soap's name. I hate how characters like him get killed off in the game but I guess it does add to the range of the emotions that the player will experience during gameplay. I felt the same sadness when they killed off Ghost in Modern Warfare 2. I cared more for Ghost than I did my own character.

SkinTight

Recruit
I loved the story mode.
It felt like i was actually in the army.

As soon as i got home from school i reported to duty, lol.

Caden

Administrator
Lmao that is funny. I would say as far as being emotional towards story lines, cod4 did it the best for me too.

Cod4 overall was just an outstanding game. I think the ONLY 2 things they did wrong.. was overpowered noobtubes/grenades.

Yes I am with you. Call of Duty 4 is hands down the best campaign I have ever played. The character's personality was so deep and meaningful that I actually became sad when he died. At the time, that ending was the best ending to a video game, according to everybody I had talked to.

Agreed. I really enjoyed CoD4's campaign, even the beginning. I think it's the best CoD campaign, if not, it's very close to the best!

thethirdeye

Recruit
I was really sad at the time, It's rare whenever I stop and have a shocked face from playing a video game, but this really did it for me.

This game actually made me have an emotional attachment to characters. Amazing story writing. His death made the game that much better because of the emotional responses from the players.

bradman1313

Recruit
I thought it was good, but I didn't like how they reused Price in MW2. I wished he would have died, as it would have better hammered in the fact that basically your squad made the ultimate sacrifice.

I was sad when Price died, and even more sad when Griggs died. The fact that he was pulling the player to safety and holding the enemy off was awesome, and then he got shot. And it was really sad, I remember looking at the screen in shock. Pretty awesome ending despite all the deaths.

VegitoTM

Recruit
I was another one of those players who believed price never died but Gaz, or whatever his name is I can't recall, really hit me as he was probably one of my favourite characters for some awkward reason.

Unbel

Recruit
I almost cried over it. I never thought Call of Duty would bring such strong emotions, but it did. I was really sad when the Captain died. I didn't even cry when batman "died" in the Dark Knight Rises, but this almost brought out tears. Possibly because I was younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements