1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Is this the game that glorified quickscopes?

Discussion in 'Modern Warfare 2' started by Halbit22, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Vali07

Vali07 Recruit

I was never fan of quick scoping and yes this is the Call of Duty that brought it to the forefront, still my second favorite cod though.

2. kamy

kamy Recruit

Yes this is where the doors opened for Call of Duty players you did a few people quick scoping on cod4 and waw but in mw2 with the sleight of hand pro perk and commando it was glory for quickscopers. Personcally i dont like quickscoping i wouldent really consider it as a skill.

3. NathansWord

NathansWord Recruit

Definitely the game that glorified quickscoping. Whenever I hop on MW2 now everyone is quickscoping. I'm not complaining but it's blatantly obvious that this game has become purely about quickscoping.

4. GoodGorilla

GoodGorilla Recruit

Quickscoping in Modern Warfare 1 was allready popular. The fact why Modern Warfare 2 made it more so, is that it had a HUGE playerbase. It was so popular that it was bound to happen after Modern Warfare 1. I don't really quickscope, but I did it a bit just to see what is it all about. It was actualy quite fun. Pulling out those awesome kills with the intervention was pretty bad-ass.

5. Striker1one

Striker1one Recruit

Yes, Modern Warfare 2 opened the door for Quick Scoping, and I still hate it to this day. While most will say it's a skill based trick, I continue to argue to this day that it's entirely empty of that. Quick Scoping doesn't require much skill, since the way things work in Modern Warfare 2, or generally, the Call of Duty series as a whole. Especially on Consoles, when you first scope in, the percentage that you're accuracy is at shoots to 100% for a quick amount of time in the programming of the game. When you mix that with the built in Aim Assist (Which is still present, even if you disable it), it almost guarantees a hit on your target. In my opinion, there's nothing skillful about using a simple exploit. The fact that there are entire clans, and even GameBattles ladders solely dedicated to Quick Scoping is proof enough that it's a terrible thing. It was actually one of the reasons I stopped playing Black Ops so much when they reintroduced the ability to do so.

Now, before I get flamed with "You're just mad because you can't do it." or something of the like, please keep in mind that this is my own personal opinion on the matter, and everyone is entitled to their own. If you do it in game, that's your prerogative. I'm just stating that you'd never seen me do it, or condone it.

6. bsge11

bsge11 Recruit

I think I've seen more people quickscope in MW2 than I have in any other COD game. That's just from what I've been seeing though, I could be wrong. But I think quickscope was really popular around the MW2 time.

7. xlSynergy_imported3

I agree. However, I quickscope in Black Ops 2 a lot. I find it easy too, but not as easy as Modern Warfare 2. I think that if it was like CoD4 quickscoping, not many people would do it.

8. TehAwfulWaffle

TehAwfulWaffle Recruit

I would say so. I never heavily got into the fad, but I did do it now and then. I have to admit, I have had a knee-jerk reaction to the hardcore quickscope enthusiasts, but I'm not against it.

9. God_Imported3

God_Imported3 Recruit

Well, lets just say that MW2 is ridiculously easy to quickscope in. It was still prevalent in CoD4, but there were only an elite few who could actually successfully do it. Then the next MW comes out, and makes it so anyone with a controller can be good at quickscoping, and it immediately gained popularity. It honestly takes VERY little skill to be good at it on MW2, so I always got a good chuckle at people bragging about themselves or challenging people.

Quickscoping is just a huge part of the CoD franchise at this point that it would kill the developers to try and eliminate it. We've already seen BOPS1 try to hinder their ability, and after thousands of complaints, changes had to be made. I did my fair share of quickscoping over the years, but I wouldn't mind it either way if they decided to trash that element of the game.

10. bulajunior

bulajunior Recruit

It definitely was the game that glorified the quickscopes AND the game that created the quickscopes I think. I don't recall seeing "quickscopes" anywhere before MW2. I honestly think MW2 made it up and it entered the world of video games.

11. 3Quency

3Quency Recruit

Quickscoping did originate in Modern Warfare 2, I do remember playing it before this happened though... good times.

12. gh0st233

gh0st233 Recruit

It's not the game that invented quick-scoping (I used to quick-scope in CoD 4, but it was probably invented before that), but I think this IS the game that glorified it, like you said. When it came out, there were so many quick-scoping montages. And, basically, if you didn't know how to quick-scope, you were frowned upon by the 12 year olds, and such. And if you DID know how to quick-scope, you would have a privilege of being invited to a 1v1 with someone named xXxXx_TrickShotZZ_xXxXx_112. I find it very funny now, I used to like quick-scoping because it provided a new useful way of using the sniper rifles, but then everyone started using it, and I realized it was kind of over-powered if you knew how to use it right, so I stopped that. Funny thing is, all these quick-scoping "pros" will call you a noob for "hard-scoping", which is basically what sniping is. I will never understand the majority of the Call of Duty community.

13. Glen_Imported3

Glen_Imported3 Recruit

This game was so damn cool when it came out! And yes, it was the birth of quickscoping. I had no clue what was going on when everybody was running around with snipers in a small map! Quickscoping is so pointless, but the bragging right that come with it are so worth it. Soon all my friends were obsessed with trying to quickscope and noscope each other. Silly but fun.

14. OGRICHBOI

OGRICHBOI Recruit

It sure is. Sniper montages and the like invaded the gaming industry on Youtube. Everyone believed they belonged in the FaZe clan. Quickscoping does require practice, but is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

15. FlyFish998

FlyFish998 Recruit

omg.. quick scoping... memories...

I have to say this game made it easy for ANYONE to be a sniper. Even I was able to perfect quick scoping and I really never have used a sniper rifle in any other circumstance. I have never had any luck sniping other than through quick scoping. I have to agree that not much skill is needed here. You barely have to aim. You literally just quickly shoot when someone is close by and the auto aim does the rest.

I have to admit that it was really frustrating being on the victim end though. I was really happy when bo2 made quick scoping harder.

16. GlacialDoom_Imported3

I think so, yes. It was the time MLG was starting to claw into Call of Duty, and people were looking to impress and look cool while "quickscoping". Personally, I never approved of quickscoping, as I find it a bit dumb, but I guess it might be useful in some situations.

17. harpazo22

harpazo22 Recruit

It definitely opened up the door to quickscoping. And it's so much fun so it's pretty easy to get good at it.