• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Manga or Anime?

sedeciim

Recruit
anyone into that weeb shit? i live for it, altough i can understand if most of you only know Naruto and nothing more.

kubikill

Recruit
I've been thinking about getting into it, but I've heard that a lot of anime/manga are fan service. So I if I'm going to start, I'll definitely want to start from something really good.

sedeciim

Recruit
what genre do you like? if you like more mature stuff theres ton of options, but the most popular ones are aimed for a teenage audience.

i dislike fanservice too, but i can appericiate a anime or manga that mixes mild fanservice with purpose for the actual plot.

sedeciim

Recruit
wow, thats a lot of options right there. theres honestly a lot, but theres some people have been circlejerking endlessly about:

- Akira
- Ghost in the Shell
- Legend of Galatic heroes
- Cowboy Bebop
- Psycho Pass
- Parasyte
- Aoi Bunkaku series
- Afro Samurai
- Telekon kinkreet
- Perfect Blue

the list goes on. a lot of anime fans are annoyingly elitistic so i'd recommend you to watch but not interact with the fanbases.

sedeciim

Recruit
no probs fam, i've been watching anime for 8 years so you're talking with a long time fan here. glad to help you!

sedeciim

Recruit
tokyo ghoul is a good one for starters, it pulls you in altough the adaption itself gets messy later on. dont bother with the second season though, its rewritten entirely and pretty garbage. i'd suggest s1 and then pick up the manga from there.

sedeciim

Recruit
For FMA its more that the original 2003 series is pretty bad while the remake is the shining diamond of them all.
Tokyo Ghouls s2 really did suck though lmao

sedeciim

Recruit
The manga was actually decent since i started out with it. But Brotherhood is the polished masterpiece FMA has its legacy in. I like both to be honest.

My sister just be all over that stuff in the past. But im not a big shounen fan personally.

Parzival

Recruit
I love both! When it comes down to manga my favorite ones are Boku no Hero, Kingdom, Koe no Katachi and maybe One Piece.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements