• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Question re. Quick draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Looking for some advise on my perk selection. I've been using the honey badger regularly and I'm getting frustrated with other players gunning me down before I even pull up to shoot (while running).

I've equipped:
Quick draw
Stalker
On The Go
Dexterity

...and I still feel like I'm not pointing (via scope) and shooting quick enough.

I've been playing previous COD's religiously and I maintain relatively high high K/D and SPM's. This has never been an issue for me and I've always played with assault rifles.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that honey badger or similar AR's are slow to ADS (pointing/scope). I've not tried it with Quick Draw, and I've felt the same thing you're saying/feeling. I got frustrated, too.

My suggestion is to find a lighter AR and/or another weapon class - look for a high mobility weapon.

This is old advice from when I used to experience the same thing in all Call of Duty's. Two things come to mind and I can safely say it's probably not the first:
1. Sprinting too much. It takes more time to ADS if you sprint rather than walk or run (?) normally and meeting an enemy that isn't sprinting while you are will likely leave you ADSing slower and later than him.
2. Connection. This is probably the age old problem. If there is any lag compensation in this game (I don't know if there is, but I am assuming so because Mw2 and Mw3 had it) or your connection spikes or slows down you will see this as a result. Typically in gaming over an internet connection when two players meet on two different connections in a match hosted by another connection, your and his connection is stressed the most.

Mischa

Recruit
Compared to BLOPS to where quickdraw quickened the ads by 30% IWs version makes the ARs draw 50% faster from 0,3s (all assaultrifles has a 0,3s time to ADS.).
The connection, at least for the consoles in EU is are running on dedicated servers. If you play on a PC you will probably have to wait until the launch of Xbox One fror Dedicated servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements