• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Warzone Setting your graphics setting lower? (Some noob questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animalmom

Recruit
Hi - I am a new player trying to improve and I notice a lot of pro graphics settings are recommended lower than mine can handle.

I have a beast computer that can max everything. I have a 3400p monitor which I think may not be the best for FPS but it’s what I have.

I have set my settings down to 1080p and have lowered textures etc as are recommended.

I was wondering if I need to do this or why I’d want to? I can get 120fps on max without any slowdown so should I do that or is there some advantage on seeing enemies with lesser graphic settings? Maybe with high graphics settings there are too may objects on the screen or it makes it easier for enemies to hide?

I get that you would lower settings if you are worried about your FPS slowing down but I don’t need to worry about that.

Advice pls.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
What most players prefer on Multiplayer and competitive shooters is more frames per second and for those frames to be as smooth as possible, in campaign mode is the time to crank up the eye-candy to high settings, MP is low in order to give you the best possible performance.

When you talk about having a beast of a PC, how much of a beast is it? What are your specs? and are you looking for general settings advice?

Animalmom

Recruit
Thanks

Core I9 9900KF
64GB Corsair Dominator 3200C16
EVGA RTX 2080Ti Gaming Trio
Predator X34 monitor
EVGA 1200 P2
Asus Maximus X Hero Wifi

All waterblocked with EKWB, O/C everything etC

So - given this setup should I max everything?

Absolutely want general settings advice, any advice

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
Thanks

Core I9 9900KF
64GB Corsair Dominator 3200C16
EVGA RTX 2080Ti Gaming Trio
Predator X34 monitor
EVGA 1200 P2
Asus Maximus X Hero Wifi

All waterblocked with EKWB, O/C everything etC

So - given this setup should I max everything?

Absolutely want general settings advice, any advice

So that is a 1440p monitor, not 3400p FYI. And the refresh rate is 60fps, so you aren't going to do any good by cranking up the frames to 300 because your monitor is capped at 60.

Some players do keep their graphics settings lower because it makes it easier to spot enemies. More complexly rendered bushes, rocks, walls, etc have more detail and it can be easier to spot movement against a flat surface.

Given the hardware you have, I would crank everything to the max and enjoy fully detailed 1440p gaming on a 34 inch monitor.

Animalmom

Recruit
So that is a 1440p monitor, not 3400p FYI. And the refresh rate is 60fps, so you aren't going to do any good by cranking up the frames to 300 because your monitor is capped at 60.

Some players do keep their graphics settings lower because it makes it easier to spot enemies. More complexly rendered bushes, rocks, walls, etc have more detail and it can be easier to spot movement against a flat surface.

Given the hardware you have, I would crank everything to the max and enjoy fully detailed 1440p gaming on a 34 inch monitor.

Oh yes thanks, 1440p monitor, however it does 100 hz refresh, 120 hz OC. I did move everything up back to full and am back playing with good graphics.

I don’t seem to have any slowdown with 120hz refresh.

One other thing, after the update my game is stuck on “Installng shaders...Campaign 7%”

I can’t seem to get it past that and I checked to see if I can play campaign and I can’t - do I need to reinstall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements