• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Shadowbanned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedIssues

Recruit
SHADOWBANNED FOR THE FIRST TIME, MY EXPIRIENCE.

I launched vanguard and warmed up a little with a few soloq matches on ship/haus, the only playlist I play. But as usuall I kept on hearing the same sentence every time the game finished:
"Cheater, f***k you, reported" "Imagine hacking"
This got said by alot of different opponents and to be honest, I have never cared about being called a cheater, I take it as a compliment and something positive, being called a hacker while not hacking is the same as them saying: "You are a great player"

I have thought & wondered about what type of outcome-/consequense tons of reports from unique players will have for the regular vanguard player, today that regular player is me.
Do the reports matter? like at all for the players who are NOT cheating? Think about Those players who just had a good game or the ones who just are better than most others, will those reports impact the player in any way negative? even though he is NOT using CHEATS? As far as I am concerned the obvious answer is that the reports shouldn't have any impact on those players who play fair and square. They are not the target and especially !!NOT!! the ones who derserve too get banned and see everyone else in a party, playing & having fun.

RANKING MYSELF in VANGUARD
I would rank myself as a great overall player:

----PRO-LEVEL----
----Good-solid-player---- (HERE)
----Pretty-decent----(LITLE HERE)
this is -----average----

----below-average----

and my warmup games ended up like this:
(not shadowbannable i think)

1. WIN / 74 kills, 51 deaths
2. WIN / 19 kills, 22 deaths
3. LOSS / 40 kills, 30 deaths
4. WIN / 65 kills, 30 deaths
5. WIN / 71 kills, 42 deaths.
Search up: SpeedIssues#4702932 On Tracker Network for more stats +

I went off vanguard and I had planned to play with a few other clan members later that day/night, and everything went good until we had spent somewhat over 10min searching for a ship/haus playlist match.
Many members of the clan have had issues in the past with shadowbans so everyone knows the signs to look for and where to check their account.
We all checked our accounts and would u believe it, I had been the lucky one too get my account shadowbanned, for the first time ever.
Not 2 happy bout it but it is what it is, got more frustrated and pissed off by not getting any form for explanation, thats fucking laziness
[Reff, attached screenshot]

Activision be like:
other than we are not sure/or in other words / "
"reported x times = shadowban for two weeks reason, uhm we are figuring it out"

The fact that I couldnt appeal the ban didnt help the situation at all. + these situations look terrible for Activision I must say
-
"Banned for maybe cheating, we dont know if he cheated or not yet but he is banned.
"You cant appeal, or come in contact with us regarding this" in other words, 14 day ban for you, dont bother contacting us about it as that will take longer then the 14 days"

Also tried searching for ship/haus games but the 200ms made it imposible, after a few hours of starting and stopping, trying different playlists II gave up... Dont have unreasonable cod stats either so it makes no sense what so ever

I am now sitting here with a few questions which hopefully some of u have the answer too.

1. How long to wait til I get unbanned?
What is the general time for unban, 2-3days?
2. Can u find matches while shadowbanned?
Searched for 3hours all together, not one match
3. Why do activision use shadowbans?
Why are they using this way of dealing with cheaters? More innocent people get wrongfully banned and some of them just bcause the enemies are better players? If a lobby is getting destroyed 9/10 times will the enemies report u for cheatlng to have that excuse. Must be a better way/different and more secure system
4. Can this result in a perm ban for nothing? Has this happened to u? share ur expirience.with me if you got shadowbanned and banned again after that, all while innocent.
5. Is it Harder 2 get shdw ban after first time?
you are shadowbanned until Activison clears your name and they do... but now since I have been through the shadowban system once, does it take more reports and more evidence than it did the first time to grt a shadowban on my account?
Should be able to build up trust with these systems.. and not gamble about playing cod with the boys or fucking off alone

Thanks in advance for all information.

btw, if there are any1 else here who grind ship/haus 24/7, I bet u have seen my name and clan tag.
[CheAt] SpeedIssues,

Attachments

• 57428F44-A8F3-4CFF-917E-8B3C8B157B17.jpeg
    57428F44-A8F3-4CFF-917E-8B3C8B157B17.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 6342713C-9D70-4FE6-B0B9-5009AB16ED48.png
    6342713C-9D70-4FE6-B0B9-5009AB16ED48.png
    244.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 4178C989-B955-44A0-BD74-5649087600D8.png
    4178C989-B955-44A0-BD74-5649087600D8.png
    244.6 KB · Views: 4

JayTL

Recruit
Try opening your ports inside your router. I was playing Vanguard in 200ms from the very beginning. I get shadow banned from every game I play. It only takes that computer one time to see my skill level and put me against the very best of the best.

It's typically all garbage players on my team who feed versus players who want to win on the opposition.

I also thought that since I'm older now (29) that I am not a concern for the matchmaker anymore. I thought that they give the easier matches or 'real' matches to the kids.

What can I do when I know for a fact that I'm the best player in the lobby (in most lobbies) but I get matched with idiots on the same team as I?

SpeedIssues

Recruit
Try opening your ports inside your router. I was playing Vanguard in 200ms from the very beginning. I get shadow banned from every game I play. It only takes that computer one time to see my skill level and put me against the very best of the best.

It's typically all garbage players on my team who feed versus players who want to win on the opposition.

I also thought that since I'm older now (29) that I am not a concern for the matchmaker anymore. I thought that they give the easier matches or 'real' matches to the kids.

What can I do when I know for a fact that I'm the best player in the lobby (in most lobbies) but I get matched with idiots on the same team as I?
Not really sure what you mean by "opening your ports inside the router" Ive not found a single match yet, and I have bern searching on and off for 3 hours... dont know what that issue is about..

I know the position you are in but as far as I know you just have to get better stats but that will most likely come with a shadowban..

JayTL

Recruit
Bro when I play S&D I camp our spawn and tell the team "hey lets camp spawn and pick them off one by one" but these noobs just rush the enemy spawn leaving me one versus six. When I play TDM it's the same thing, I camp one area slowly but surely gaining kills while not dying, meanwhile I have these rushers who end the match with thirty deaths. It's as if these people are blind to how to play the game.

As for the ports, you should research port forwarding.

I was only able to get the 'Behind You' achievement after I opened all of the necessary ports and had an open NAT type. I know for a fact without a shadow of a doubt that I did what was needed to unlock the achievement at least ten times, but as soon as I opened all of the ports and completed the mission I was able to unlock the achievment.

SpeedIssues

Recruit
Bro when I play S&D I camp our spawn and tell the team "hey lets camp spawn and pick them off one by one" but these noobs just rush the enemy spawn leaving me one versus six. When I play TDM it's the same thing, I camp one area slowly but surely gaining kills while not dying, meanwhile I have these rushers who end the match with thirty deaths. It's as if these people are blind to how to play the game.

As for the ports, you should research port forwarding.

I was only able to get the 'Behind You' achievement after I opened all of the necessary ports and had an open NAT type. I know for a fact without a shadow of a doubt that I did what was needed to unlock the achievement at least ten times, but as soon as I opened all of the ports and completed the mission I was able to unlock the achievment.
Yea I understand your frustration, I will check out the link, thanks.

SpeedIssues

Recruit
SHADOWBANNED FOR THE FIRST TIME, MY EXPIRIENCE.

I launched vanguard and warmed up a little with a few soloq matches on ship/haus, the only playlist I play. But as usuall I kept on hearing the same sentence every time the game finished:
"Cheater, f***k you, reported" "Imagine hacking"
This got said by alot of different opponents and to be honest, I have never cared about being called a cheater, I take it as a compliment and something positive, being called a hacker while not hacking is the same as them saying: "You are a great player"

I have thought & wondered about what type of outcome-/consequense tons of reports from unique players will have for the regular vanguard player, today that regular player is me.
Do the reports matter? like at all for the players who are NOT cheating? Think about Those players who just had a good game or the ones who just are better than most others, will those reports impact the player in any way negative? even though he is NOT using CHEATS? As far as I am concerned the obvious answer is that the reports shouldn't have any impact on those players who play fair and square. They are not the target and especially !!NOT!! the ones who derserve too get banned and see everyone else in a party, playing & having fun.

RANKING MYSELF in VANGUARD
I would rank myself as a great overall player:

----PRO-LEVEL----
----Good-solid-player---- (HERE)
----Pretty-decent----(LITLE HERE)
this is -----average----

----below-average----

and my warmup games ended up like this:
(not shadowbannable i think)

1. WIN / 74 kills, 51 deaths
2. WIN / 19 kills, 22 deaths
3. LOSS / 40 kills, 30 deaths
4. WIN / 65 kills, 30 deaths
5. WIN / 71 kills, 42 deaths.
Search up: SpeedIssues#4702932 On Tracker Network for more stats +

I went off vanguard and I had planned to play with a few other clan members later that day/night, and everything went good until we had spent somewhat over 10min searching for a ship/haus playlist match.
Many members of the clan have had issues in the past with shadowbans so everyone knows the signs to look for and where to check their account.
We all checked our accounts and would u believe it, I had been the lucky one too get my account shadowbanned, for the first time ever.
Not 2 happy bout it but it is what it is, got more frustrated and pissed off by not getting any form for explanation, thats fucking laziness
[Reff, attached screenshot]

Activision be like:
other than we are not sure/or in other words / "
"reported x times = shadowban for two weeks reason, uhm we are figuring it out"

The fact that I couldnt appeal the ban didnt help the situation at all. + these situations look terrible for Activision I must say
-
"Banned for maybe cheating, we dont know if he cheated or not yet but he is banned.
"You cant appeal, or come in contact with us regarding this" in other words, 14 day ban for you, dont bother contacting us about it as that will take longer then the 14 days"

Also tried searching for ship/haus games but the 200ms made it imposible, after a few hours of starting and stopping, trying different playlists II gave up... Dont have unreasonable cod stats either so it makes no sense what so ever

I am now sitting here with a few questions which hopefully some of u have the answer too.

What is the general time for unban, 2-3days?
Searched for 3hours all together, not one match
3. Why do activision use shadowbans?
Why are they using this way of dealing with cheaters? More innocent people get wrongfully banned and some of them just bcause the enemies are better players? If a lobby is getting destroyed 9/10 times will the enemies report u for cheatlng to have that excuse. Must be a better way/different and more secure system
4. Can this result in a perm ban for nothing?Has this happened to u? share ur expirience.with me if you got shadowbanned and banned again after that, all while innocent.
you are shadowbanned until Activison clears your name and they do... but now since I have been through the shadowban system once, does it take more reports and more evidence than it did the first time to grt a shadowban on my account?
Should be able to build up trust with these systems.. and not gamble about playing cod with the boys or fucking off alone

Thanks in advance for all information.

btw, if there are any1 else here who grind ship/haus 24/7, I bet u have seen my name and clan tag.
[CheAt] SpeedIssues,

I NOW KNOW THE ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS.
If you have been shadowbanned and have questions hopefully these answers will help you!

After speaking to other players and friends I will say that the average waiting time is a week, it can be shorter or a longer waiting time but a week is the general answer.

You might find matches but those will only include shadow banned players and most likely cheaters, in my case I couldnt even find a lobby.

4. Can this result in a perm ban for nothing?
I have heard about a few rare cases where that has happened but dont worry about the small possibility if you dont use cheats, it happens rarely.

Hope it is.

After sitting at work and checking my account status every few hours the day finally came. I got unbanned/shadowban removed today and i can finally play again.

SpeedIssues

Recruit

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20.png
    Screenshot_20.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!