• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Starfield

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Don't even bother.

1. Fallout 76 failed because of glitches, bugs, etc. You thought Call of Duty glitches/bugs was bad? This game bombed so hard at launch, they gave it away.
2. Redfall. 30fps locked, and other issues.
3. Todd Howard said the game is 30fps consistently. On Xbox Series X. "The most powerful console," they said.

Phil Spencer said it was a design decision. Yea, ok.

Now, I may be wrong, and Bethesda learned their lesson from Fallout 76 - And IF that is the case, then... it will be their best selling game, and/or new IP. Their system seller/Killer app.

Many people are split on the issue. Some say they don't mind the 30fps, some are staunch 60fps. Thing is, I. EXPECT. MY. GAMES. to be 60fps, no sacrifices. 60fps, locked throughout the game.

30fps is SOOO... 1997. Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark, Turok 2, etc.

Now, If YOU have a capable computer. Go get it there.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
I have Game Pass Ultimate, I installed the game a few days ahead of launch so I play when it goes live. When it did launch, about 2 minutes after it went live I was confronted with a 117GB update, so I had to wait nearly 7-minutes to download this and it took about 3-minutes more to install, really loving my new 500mbps connection.

The game went live at 1am on Tuesday night, so only had time to play as far as the character creation page which took about 15-minutes, but seems pretty smooth on my PC, looking forward to getting time to spend a few hours on this. It's a slow starter, so could take up to 20-hours to really get going in this game.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I have Game Pass Ultimate, I installed the game a few days ahead of launch so I play when it goes live. When it did launch, about 2 minutes after it went live I was confronted with a 117GB update, so I had to wait nearly 7-minutes to download this and it took about 3-minutes more to install, really loving my new 500mbps connection.

The game went live at 1am on Tuesday night, so only had time to play as far as the character creation page which took about 15-minutes, but seems pretty smooth on my PC, looking forward to getting time to spend a few hours on this. It's a slow starter, so could take up to 20-hours to really get going in this game.
I have now seen a lot of Starfield. I can now confirm it is exactly what I described. The game was designed with Series S in mind. Game Pass in mind. Its the PC gamers who will benefit from the game the most.

Series X doesn't even enhance the game.

Its a walking/talking simulator. You will find locations that have gun play, but for the most part, you are walking, and... talking (a lot).

There's a lot of controversy for the game. The whole... "HE/HIM" pronouns. For the most part, this is nothing until you "talk" to people. There's a lot of choices of answers for your character or NPC. Some say the story doesn't "do it." Meaning its bland.

I will give the game credit though: Not too many glitches to report on. Its not Fallout 76 kind of buggy. The game HAS SOME glitches, bugs, and whatnot, but they're small, and in the minority.

The game looks good even on Series S. Looks like an early PS3/Xbox 360 game, but with more polish. Its not God of War Ragnarok or Horizon Zero Dawn, but it looks good for what its designed to do.

I have now seen a lot of Starfield. I can now confirm it is exactly what I described. The game was designed with Series S in mind. Game Pass in mind. Its the PC gamers who will benefit from the game the most.

Series X doesn't even enhance the game.

Its a walking/talking simulator. You will find locations that have gun play, but for the most part, you are walking, and... talking (a lot).

There's a lot of controversy for the game. The whole... "HE/HIM" pronouns. For the most part, this is nothing until you "talk" to people. There's a lot of choices of answers for your character or NPC. Some say the story doesn't "do it." Meaning its bland.

I will give the game credit though: Not too many glitches to report on. Its not Fallout 76 kind of buggy. The game HAS SOME glitches, bugs, and whatnot, but they're small, and in the minority.

The game looks good even on Series S. Looks like an early PS3/Xbox 360 game, but with more polish. Its not God of War Ragnarok or Horizon Zero Dawn, but it looks good for what its designed to do.
Its the PC gamers who will benefit from the game the most.
Was obout time:)

KeyboardDemon

Games and controversy should not be words that are used in the same place, but while we're on the subject of words that should not appear together, release and incomplete spring to mind.

Starfield is not the only game to have launched with bugs, glitches or other issues.

So far, from my limited time in the game it looks like a game that I'd enjoy, it has many features that I like, such as:
  • FPS
  • Adventure
  • Space combat
  • Sandboxed exploration
  • Decision based consequences
As well as some that I'm not usually that keen on, such as RPG, however, Bethesda have produced RPG games in the past that I have enjoyed immensely, I put hundreds of hours into Oblivion, it is still on my list of all time favourites

All I'm hoping for is a game that's as compelling and entertaining as Oblivion was, and hopefully that ends up getting loads of mods like the PC version of Oblivion.

And yes, it was the modding community that added so much to Oblivion and I can see Starfield getting the same level of attention, which is what makes it an excellent PC game.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Starfield is not the only game to have launched with bugs, glitches or other issues.
I know that, but Fallout 76 was their bar. That's their reputation.

Much like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is Activision's current reputation.

I am now taking this back, and eating crow.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dJvlguMLUk

KeyboardDemon

I am now taking this back, and eating crow.
Don't worry, I won't hold it against you, we base our opinions on information that was available at the time we formed them.

I haven't watched the video you posted, I started watching while my wife was getting ready for us to go out, it's only 10-minutes long, so I have no idea about how she got ready before the intro was finished, I'll have to watch it when we get home.

mines crashing it found 107 non verified files so im reinstalling. i made it to fighting first pirates but i think im going to like it.
The only issues I've had are with making the wrong choices during character creation, I'm on my third restart, but going to stick with that character now.

KeyboardDemon

im on first planet and i think im supposed to get rid of this artifact i dont know lots to figure out DOH!
It's going to take a while to get used to figuring out what you need to do, but in this instance press tab and then mission is at 6 o'clock on the menu, this will tell you what you need to do next, it might be as simple as launch your ship if you haven't been into space yet.

Also, set weapons as favourites and add them to your quick pick menu so you don't have to search for another gun if you run out of ammo in the middle of a gun fight.

KeyboardDemon

Here's a quick tip about the boost pack.

You need a back pack with boosters, such as the Constellation pack that you're given when you join the Constellation group, which you'll need to do to complete the main story. Once you have the pack, remember to equip it.

I put a Skill point in my Booster Pack skill before I had a booster pack, and then got the pack and spent ages trying to use it without realising it wasn't equipped.

Archangel72

Fallen Angel
One thing I have learned is there are SOOOO many paths and ways to do things and become things.

It boggles my mind how expansive it is.

But then it makes me go WTF Bethesda as I can wander the whole of The Well or whatever it is called. But I go to Akila and go into a one room shop and I "zone in" and "zone out" of said area.. I mean no mans sky is so wide open and none zoning yet this place cannot keep a whole city in one area?

Ugh its annoying as heck if you need to run anywhere and you cheat and run thru a shop and your zoning into it and out of it. on the other side

KeyboardDemon

Ugh its annoying as heck if you need to run anywhere and you cheat and run thru a shop and your zoning into it and out of it. on the other side
I don't know what you mean by Zoning in and out.

Expect plenty of mods for the PC version, including locations, there is a modding group that are planning on creating Star Wars themed planets, weapons, space craft and quests.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I don't know what you mean by Zoning in and out.

Expect plenty of mods for the PC version, including locations, there is a modding group that are planning on creating Star Wars themed planets, weapons, space craft and quests.
He is engrossed into the game. Hyperfocused on the game. "Zone in" focusing on the game. Taking in the world. "Zone out" just chillin'. Kind-of like Diablo, when you're trying to fight multiple enemies, and a boss. When you're finished, you scavenge items. In and out.

Archangel72

Fallen Angel
nope

I mean loading the screen

you open a door and poof loading circle and screen goes black and you appear in the next "zone"

room, area, building, ship, etc..

KeyboardDemon

nope

I mean loading the screen

you open a door and poof loading circle and screen goes black and you appear in the next "zone"

room, area, building, ship, etc..
At first I thought it meant what @Carlos said, then I read what you said again and again, each time just seemed to fit less with mental focus. But yeah, even with an M.2 SSD the loading screens as you jump from zone to zone are so annoying. I have not been in any shops yet.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements