• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Why am I playing such high level players?

I've been playing COD on console for a while (since the first MW2). I don't play every single day, probably 3 to 4 days a week for maybe 3 hours. I'm usually in a TDM or FFA match as those are just my preferred game modes. I'm not a pro by any means, I just like to play FPS games and COD has been my go to for a long time. But more recently with Cold War and MW2 I've been super frustrated with the players I'm matched with. I'm not great ( only a 497 rank) but lately it seems I'm always matched with players who are 300 or more ranks above me. There are matches where it seems like I can't even get a shot off, let alone string enough kills to get a streak. I know a lot of great players are against SBMM, but why is it not a thing for regular gameplay? I'm tired of getting my butt handed to me just because some one who plays 10 hours a day doesn't feel like putting up with a challenge. I've literally started hating COD because of this and honestly I don't even wanna play anymore. How am I supposed to enjoy the game if some player who is ranked 1000 or better is constantly destroying me? I'm not here to be a pro or play in tournaments. What am I doing wrong?

Archangel72

Fallen Angel
Level has nothing to do with how good a player is.

K/D ratio is probably a closer example of how good a player is or will be any given game.

Several of my friends are at 1k or 1100 or better, but that is only cause we have all been here since drop or season 2 and we play A LOT

once you get past level 55 levels really do not mean anything other than a new "prestige"

Level has nothing to do with how good a player is.

K/D ratio is probably a closer example of how good a player is or will be any given game.

Several of my friends are at 1k or 1100 or better, but that is only cause we have all been here since drop or season 2 and we play A LOT

once you get past level 55 levels really do not mean anything other than a new "prestige"
Ok, sure, "level" has nothing to do with how good a player is.... but it sure does speak to how much time a player has invested in the game (which is something I touched on, see above post). If you spend hours and hours a day playing, then naturally you're probably going to be better than the average player or a casual player (which is what I consider myself to be). So let me rephrase my problem in simpler terms so I'm not corrected next time about "levels".

I do not want to play a game where I'm matched with other players who spend hours and hours a day playing. It is frustrating to deal with this because I want to play the game and enjoy it. The game is not fun whet you lose 4 out of 5 matches every time. The game is not fun when you can only get 7 or 8 kills every match while other players are getting 24 or higher. The game is not fun when you constantly play people who are way better. Is that more clear?

I'm telling you, the match making system in the older MW2 was way better. (Just to be clear, I'm talking about the one from 14 years ago) I would play against others who were generally around the same rank. Now before you blow a gasket about that statement, this is what I mean by that: I would play against others who were around the same skill as me because the rank is a reelection of the time you put into the game (and this was before cross platform).

I just want to be able to enjoy the game and be able to play with other casual gamers. At least then I'll have a fighting chance of winning a match, or being able to use kill streaks, or just not be frustrated.

Bro when you search lobbies in pregame or for players, change your settings to casual. I guarantee you'll see a change. I like competitive but I've heard casual is where you'll prolly want to be if you not trying to run into part time gamers. Good luck! Or drop on 5 games and die... Don't kill anyone and skill based matchmaking will put you in a better lobby. repeat as many times as you need to be in a more comfy lobby

Like CODForums!

Advertisements