• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD4330 powerful enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zaki

Will this card run the game? Have any specs been released for MW2 yet? Might it run that too? I dont need to play at the best settings, just well enough to play the game.

Woody

Recruit
You should definitely be able to play it, mostly low settings but you'll be fine. You best start saving for a new card by November though ;)

I run it on an ATI Radeon x1600 512 MB card. I don't think you should have any problems, I keep mine on low fps and get a constant 35-40. Not interested upgrading computer lol. I run counter strike source at 200 constant on high, lol weird. I guess cod5 is a lot more graphically enhanced.

zEvArAnO

Recruit
I am not really sure if you can run it or not. But you're best choice is go to: Can You RUN It? and select CoD:World at War... and let the thing do its thing. Then it will tell you what are the requierements... and what you have.. thanks,
zevarnao.

Jason

Recruit
They're for laptops right? I think unless you bought a laptop with the HD4330 as standard you might be out of luck.
Are you looking to fix your laptop? Or just looking to purchase a new graphics card?

maxmax

Recruit
well im thinking of buying an acer aspire 5735 but the company i was going to buy it from recommended i get an HD4330 bundled with it if I wanted to use the laptop for gaming.

The price of the aspire without the HD4330 was £499 and with it they want £575 so im just wondering if i could buy it seperatly and get a better deal...

Jason

Recruit
I don't think so mate, i think you'll only find them included with new laptops. What sort of games do you want to play on it? It isn't exactly a new card, and for nearly £600 you might be able to do a bit better to be honest...

maxmax

Recruit
Well im going to uni so I want something to replace my desktop computer. thinking mainly of playing things like BF2. nothing super-new, i dont have the money to buy new games! and my budget is £500. Do you think id be able to pick up anything for around £500 that could handle games like bf2?

Jason

Recruit
How about something like Acer Aspire 5536G LX.PAZ0X.092 - Acer Direct

4GB RAM
320GB HDD
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 Graphics -
The gaming performance of the ATI Mobility Radeon HD4570 should be very similar to the desktop HD 4550 which features similar specifications. Benchmarks of the desktop card showed, that the most DirectX9 titles can be played fluently in high details and 1024x768 (like Call of Duty 4, F.E.A.R., UT3, World in Conflict). Demanding games like crysis only run in low-medium detail settings in decent frame rates.

Still an Acer, but a better graphics card than your model, all for just under £480 :)

maxmax

Recruit
Thanks for all your help btw. Iv been doing some research around the acer site looking at reviews etc and your suggestion looks like the one i might end up buying. The only question I still have is that I found a refurbished laptop on the acer site for around the same price and the specs look better. Considering it's refurbished and I need it for around 3 years minimum, which would you go for?

new: Acer Aspire 5536G LX.PAZ0X.092 - Acer Direct

refurbished: GRADE A1 - Acer Aspire 6530G Laptop A1/LX.AUS0X.142 - Acer Direct

Regards

Jason

Recruit
No worries :)
Considering its £10 cheaper i'd go with the refurbished one. Both come with the same 1 year warranty, so any problems and you'll get the same level of service even if you get the refurbished one.
The only thing is you'll have to act fast if you want the refurbished one as it looks like there's only 1 in stock. If you're waiting for your loan to come through, or for it to get a bit closer to the start of term chances are the referb will have gone.
But still, either will be a great machine and should keep you going :)

maxmax

Recruit
okay cool :D

Am i right in saying that the refurbished one has slightly better stats than the new one? Specifically what is better about it?

(Sorry for all the questions xD)

Jason

Recruit
Hmm well, the refurbished one can play blu-ray disks (not that you're going to have the cash to splash around on those! :p)
It has the same ram, a slightly smaller HDD but still 250GB is more than enough.
It has a bigger screen, and slightly better graphics (i think)
They both have an AMD Turion processor.

Oh, but the brand new one comes with a free upgrade to Windows 7 in October - if that is of any interest to you.
To be honest the difference is hardly going to be noticeable. If you want to save a tenner then buy the refurbishment, but if you are at all interested in Windows 7 i'd get the brand new one, as it would cost a lot more than £10 to buy in the future.

But in all fairness if you compared the two side by side i think you'd be hard pressed to find any real noticeable difference in performance.

maxmax

Recruit
okay, I think im going to go with the new one to be honest. the tenner difference dosnt really matter and the option to bump up to windows 7 is pretty cool. plus I can get an extended 3 year warrenty with the new one.

Thanks for all your help dude!

Jason

Recruit
No worries! And yeah, it might be worth it in the long run :)
Enjoy your new laptop, and good luck with uni :p Feel free to stop by and say hello again once your new computer is up and running, haha.

maxmax

Recruit
hey dude!

just got my money through and turns out my budget is £800 so i wont be getting that laptop after all.

iv been looking at the dell xps 16... can you tell me what you think? Iv got a few discounts which bring the price down from £995 to £750 and a free 500gb hard drive.

Let me know what you think and if you know of anything better

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/laptop-studio-xps-16?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1

Specs:
Code:
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor P7350 (3M Cache, 2.00 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1 (64 BIT) - English
Microsoft® Works 9.0 / English - (Does not include Microsoft® Word)
Black Leather back cover : 15.6" (inch) Truelife 1080p Full HD WLED Edge to Edge Display
4096MB 1067MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [2x2048]
500GB Serial ATA (5400RPM) Hard Drive
1Yr Premium Warranty Support
Primary 6-cell 56 WHr Lithium Ion battery
Internal DVD+/-RW (DVD & CD read and write) Slot Load Drive including Software
1GB ATI® Radeon™ HD 4670 graphics card
Intel WiFi Link 5100 (802.11 a/b/g/n 1X2) 1/2 MiniCard
Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth Module
No integrated TV Tuner (MLK base)
Accessories
No Security/Anti-Virus Protection - English
Services & Software
No Accidental Damage Support
DataSafe Online Backup 2GB 1 year
Also Includes
N09X1602
Studio XPS 16 Order - UK
English - Documentation Studio XPS 16
Datasafe Local 2.0 Basic
Studio XPS 16 Resource DVD (Diagnostic & Drivers)
90W AC Adaptor
No Carry Case
1 Meter Power Cord (3 Wire) - UK
Internal UK/Irish Qwerty Keyboard
1 Year Premium Warranty Support
2.0 Mega Pixel Integrated Camera with Facial Recognition Software
Wireless Label (Intel Wireless Cards) - Core 2 Duo

Thanks!

Jason

Recruit
Hey,
Sorry for the delay - busy weekend.
That laptop looks pretty good for the price. For the past 5 years or so i've always bought Mesh computers.
£700 gets you
MESH Computers - Award Winning Review PCs Since 1987 - Edge M840

Full Specification

MESH Edge 15.6 - B2120002
Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 Dual Core Processor (2.53GHz, 3MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB)
Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium - 64-bit
15.6" HD WXGA LED Display (1366x768)
512MB ATi Mobility Radeon HD4650 Graphics
3GB DDR3 1066MHz Memory (1x1GB + 1x2GB)
320GB Serial ATA 5400RPM 2.5" Hard Drive
DVD Super Format Dual Layer DVD Re-Writer
Built in Bluetooth Technology
Intel WiFi Link 5100 802.11n Wireless LAN
Built-in Intel High Definition Audio, with 3D Effect & Full Duplex Spearkers
2.0 Mega Pixel Built in Webcam
Free Microsoft Works 8.5 + Limited Microsoft Office Trial
BullGuard Internet Security 8.5 - 90 Day Trial - AntiVirus/Firewall/Backup/Spamfilter
Biometric Fingerprint Reader
Multi Format Memory Card Reader
1 Year Return to Base Warranty (UK Mainland Only)

Standard features:
Smart Li-Ion 6 Cell Battery - Approx 3hrs Battery Life
Express Card Slot
Full size UK Keyboard + Touch Pad
Integrated V.92 MDC Fax/Modem
4x USB2.0, Gigabit LAN, Mic, Headphone, VGA, HDMI
374(W)x245(D)x37(H)mm 2.75 Kg Inc Battery
You can upgrade to 4GB of RAM and a 500GB HDD for an extra £50 bringing the total to the same as your dell.
£850 gets you
MESH Computers - Award Winning Review PCs Since 1987 - Edge M870CL
Full Specification

MESH Edge 17 - M775SUN
Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 Dual Core Processor (2.53GHz, 3MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB)
Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium - 64-bit
17" WXGA TFT Display (1440x900)
512MB Nvidia GeForce G105M Graphics
4GB DDR2 667MHz Memory (2x 2GB)
500GB Serial ATA 5400RPM 2.5" Hard Drive
Blu-Ray ROM / DVDRW Combo Drive
Built in Bluetooth Technology
Built in WiFi 802.11g Wireless LAN
Built-in Intel High Definition Audio, with 3D Effect & Full Duplex Spearkers
2.0 Mega Pixel Built in Webcam
Free Microsoft Works 8.5 + Limited Microsoft Office Trial
BullGuard Internet Security 8.5 - 90 Day Trial - AntiVirus/Firewall/Backup/Spamfilter
Multi Format Memory Card Reader
1 Year Return to Base Warranty (UK Mainland Only)

Standard features:
Smart Li-Ion 6 Cell Battery - Approx 3hrs Battery Life
Express Card Slot
Full size UK Keyboard + Touch Pad
Integrated V.92 MDC Fax/Modem
3x USB2.0, LAN, Mic, Headphone, VGA, S/PDIF
374(W)x245(D)x37(H)mm 2.75 Kg Inc Battery

The only thing with Dell is they can take absolutely ages to build and post the thing, from my experience. When i was in my first year of uni so many people were waiting 6 - 8 weeks because everyone had ordered a dell laptop, but then supply was so great there was a massive delay before they could get the parts and build the things.

I have the same card and it runs fine

Some hiccups, nothing debilitating. About "can you run it" (the website) almost all of the games I have, it's told me my graphics card can't handle. About the only thing I use it for is to see my OS compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements